It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Free Newsletter

Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi there everyone! I've decided to start a food diary here :D Hope someone reads it... XD

Breakfast: Large red apple
Large low-fat 'All Berry Bang' smoothie from Boost Juice
*ahem* 'fat-burning' coffee (I expect its a big con however I'm trialling it lol don't judge)

Lunch: Multigrain roll with seeded mustard, four slices light ham, one slice light cheese, shredded carrot and lettuce
Lo-carb sugar-free 'Monster' energy drink

Snack: Nature's Way protein cookie flavoured bar

Dinner: I filled half my plate with steamed mixed vegies (carrots, beans, peas, zuchinni etc) and a piece of vegetarian meat loaf with a bit of tomato sauce

I will probably have some fat-free vanilla yoghurt with blueberries later on, yum yum :D
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Re: Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Postby dragonfly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 pm

hi steph.
great job writing down your food. I find it very useful to reflect on my day and write down what I have eaten :)
feel free to have a read of my food diary too, I write alot of thoughts in there as well as food journal.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:17 pm

I've read yours and left a comment :D

laughing_sheep wrote:Hi there everyone! I've decided to start a food diary here :D Hope someone reads it... XD

Breakfast: Large red apple
Large low-fat 'All Berry Bang' smoothie from Boost Juice
*ahem* 'fat-burning' coffee (I expect its a big con however I'm trialling it lol don't judge)

Lunch: Multigrain roll with seeded mustard, four slices light ham, one slice light cheese, shredded carrot and lettuce
Lo-carb sugar-free 'Monster' energy drink

Snack: Nature's Way protein cookie flavoured bar

Dinner: I filled half my plate with steamed mixed vegies (carrots, beans, peas, zuchinni etc) and a piece of vegetarian meat loaf with a bit of tomato sauce

I will probably have some fat-free vanilla yoghurt with blueberries later on, yum yum :D

I actually had another piece of vegetarian meatloaf instead of the yoghurt and blueberries, I was just too hungry! Roughly I had about 1400 calories yesterday.

What I consumed today: I woke up very early (5am) so I was feeling extra hungry

Breakfast: 2 multigrain weetbix with vanilla forme yoghurt
One large red apple
'fat burning' coffee

10:30am: Starving! Had 3 sushi rolls- one terriyaki beef, tempura prawn and chicken schnitzel. However they were quite small and had considerably less rice in them than the rolls I've usually seen.

2:30pm: Multigrain roll with seeded mustard, light ham, 2 pieces of light cheese and diet coke

4pm: feeling 'snacky'- had a homemade coffee with one teaspoon nescafe gold blend, one teaspoon sugar and a vanilla flavoured 'coffee creamer' to go with it (around about 60 calories all up)

6:30pm: this is where I fell down. Had half a plate of steamed vegies like last night (carrots, peas, beans etc) and a serving size of lasagne. Lasagne was about 423 calories, vegies about 125- so around 548 cals. I ate the vegies first and then started eating the lasagne. I felt full halfway through the lasagne. I took a break, had a large glass of water. BUT I came back to the plate and ate the whole portion!

Now I feel overstuffed and full, like a big fat failure. All up I've had around 1950 calories today, but I only had 1400 yesterday. So that averages to about 1700 each day and according to calorieking that's about as many calories as I should be having. I should also note that I walked for about an hour and a half today and for about 45 minutes yesterday. So those extra 'exercise calories' cancel stuff out too...

I must try and focus on the positive and not go snacking now cos I feel like I've blown it a bit! Took me a while to gain weight, will take a while to lose weight.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Felt bad about yesterday all day today! So guilty...

Breakfast: 'fat burning' coffee
350g forme vanilla yoghurt
80g blueberries

calories: 202

11:45am: bowl of homemade pumpkin soup (pumpkin, celery, capsicum, carrots, vegetable stock- no fat added)

calories: I estimate about 200

2:30pm: another bowl of pumpkin soup

calories: roughly 200

4:30pm: homemade coffee with vanilla flavoured creamer and 1sp sugar, 1sp coffee

calories: 60

5:30pm: steamed vegies (beans, carrots, peas etc)

calories: 125

6:20pm: chicken enchilada

calories: 452

Also had diet coke and some sugar-free gum

I estimate my calorie total today to be about 1256 today so far, very good! Fingers crossed I don't do any snacking later on tonight but we shall see...
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Hey Steph, good work today. Don't beat yourself up to much over lapses - it's all part of the process. Just look at what happened and learn something for next time. Like what made you finish off the lasagne even though you were full? Is there some "rule" in the back of your head that you have to clean your plate? Is it just the flavour that you wanted more of? etc. Once you know what the cause was, you can start making plans to avoid it happening again.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:10 pm

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Hey Steph, good work today. Don't beat yourself up to much over lapses - it's all part of the process. Just look at what happened and learn something for next time. Like what made you finish off the lasagne even though you were full? Is there some "rule" in the back of your head that you have to clean your plate? Is it just the flavour that you wanted more of? etc. Once you know what the cause was, you can start making plans to avoid it happening again.

Thanks Butterfly. Yeah I have been a member of the 'clean your plate' club which is annoying :(

Breakfast: Multigrain weetbix 182
Cup of pura tone milk 100
fat burning coffee 20
coffe+vanilla creamer+sugar 60
Apple 72

Snack: Nature's Way Skinny Snack Bar 152

Lunch: Leftover chicken enchilada from last night 456
One strawberries and cream lolly 35

1.25litres agrum sugar free soft drink 16

Dinner: 120g steamed baby spinach 37
230g frozen vegies (microwaved) 113
Lasagne (cut in half) roughly 220
Apple 72

In total I've had about 1687 cals so far! Not bad.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:13 pm

laughing_sheep wrote:
Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Hey Steph, good work today. Don't beat yourself up to much over lapses - it's all part of the process. Just look at what happened and learn something for next time. Like what made you finish off the lasagne even though you were full? Is there some "rule" in the back of your head that you have to clean your plate? Is it just the flavour that you wanted more of? etc. Once you know what the cause was, you can start making plans to avoid it happening again.

Thanks Butterfly. Yeah I have been a member of the 'clean your plate' club which is annoying :(

fat burning coffee 20
Apple 72

Apple 72

Its really annoying that we can't edit our posts! I've got the munchies bigtime I'm so hungry right now. This sucks.

Just had a weight watchers black forest bar 111
Forme strawberry yoghurt 66

So now I've had 1864 calories today. I have no idea how I managed to eat 1200 calories a day when I was 15 and first
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:40 pm

laughing_sheep wrote:
laughing_sheep wrote:

fat burning coffee 20
Apple 72

Apple 72

Its really annoying that we can't edit our posts! I've got the munchies bigtime I'm so hungry right now. This sucks.

Just had a weight watchers black forest bar 111
Forme strawberry yoghurt 66

So now I've had 1864 calories today. I have no idea how I managed to eat 1200 calories a day when I was 15 and first

'I have no idea how I managed to eat 1200 calories a day when I was 15 and first started dieting'

Just had a biggest loser bar 110

1974 calories in total today. However tomorrow I will just eat more lightly, I seem to be doing ok with eat more one day eat less the next day. If it averages to about 1700 each day I'm sticking to what I should be eating at calorie king :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:41 pm

7:40AM two slices reduced fat cheese 140
Two sao biscuits 84
coffee 20

10:40am apple fruit bar 126

12:15pm Multigrain roll 150
Ham 50
Cheese 70
Mustard 21
Apple 90
mints 8

3:30pm Biggest Loser choc mint bar 110
1.25litres diet coke 5

6:30pm homemade pumpkin soup (fat free) 200
Low-joule jelly 28

1102 calories so far. Am feeling a bit nauseous actually so not sure I will be doing much snacking later
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:44 pm

laughing_sheep wrote:7:40AM two slices reduced fat cheese 140
Two sao biscuits 84
coffee 20

Ham 50
Cheese 70
Mustard 21
Apple 90
mints 8

1.25litres diet coke 5

Low-joule jelly 28

1102 calories so far. Am feeling a bit nauseous actually so not sure I will be doing much snacking later

Also I walked for 18 minutes and spent 60 minutes on a stationary exercise bike :D

I'm getting frustrated with this weight-loss plateau and feel like giving up or going for a quick-fix like diet tablets or meal replacement shakes. :(
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:28 pm

laughing_sheep wrote:
Two sao biscuits 84
coffee 20

Ham 50
Cheese 70
Mustard 21
Apple 90
mints 8

1.25litres diet coke 5

Low-joule jelly 28

Also I walked for 18 minutes and spent 60 minutes on a stationary exercise bike :D

I'm getting frustrated with this weight-loss plateau and feel like giving up or going for a quick-fix like diet tablets or meal replacement shakes. :(

Last night I also had two pieces of cheese 140
Biggest loser choc mint snack bar 110

Bringing my calorie total to 1352 :D

Food today:

100g multigrain bread 217
Low fat margarine+ vegemite 67
coffee 20

Lo carb sugarfree monster energy drink 26

Boost juice all berry bang 384

apple 77

Dinner tonight: two chicken schnitzel sushi rolls 400-500 cals

Fingers crossed not too much snacking afterward. Calorie total so far 1191 to 1291. :D Whoo hoo I feel so good about this plan to lose weight!!!!! Yay :)
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:57 pm

laughing_sheep wrote:
laughing_sheep wrote:
Two sao biscuits 84
coffee 20

Ham 50
Cheese 70
Mustard 21
Apple 90
mints 8

1.25litres diet coke 5

Low-joule jelly 28

Last night I also had two pieces of cheese 140
Biggest loser choc mint snack bar 110

Bringing my calorie total to 1352 :D

Food today:

Low fat margarine+ vegemite 67
coffee 20

Lo carb sugarfree monster energy drink 26

Boost juice all berry bang 384

apple 77

Dinner tonight: two chicken schnitzel sushi rolls 400-500 cals

Fingers crossed not too much snacking afterward. Calorie total so far 1191 to 1291. :D Whoo hoo I feel so good about this plan to lose weight!!!!! Yay :)

Last night I also had vegies 142
Slim and Trim shake 205
Piece of vegetarian meatloaf roughly 250

All up I had about 1800 calories yesterday. I think I will start updating this food diary the day after because I keep eating more after dinner whoops.

I have some wonderful news though: this morning I got on the scales and I lost another kilo! Whooo hoo! My calorie counting and exercising is working :D So I'm ecstatic. Thank goodness for calorie king.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 am

Well I was up all night doing an assignment for uni so I didn't even get a second of sleep. Its only 10:11am and I'm here at uni til 5, this will be a fun day lol. :D

Consequently I am extremely hungry and I ate more calories as I was awake when I should have been sleeping.

Yesterday's intake (plus early this morning lol)

Margarine and vegemite 67
Eggs 139
1 tsp oil 44
Coffee 20

Two pieces soy linseed bread 198
Cheese 70
Ham 50
Mustard 28
Olives 45
Salsa/carrots/lettuce 50

Slim & Trim Shake 207

Lasagne 446
Diet mousse 69
Jarrah chocolatte 44
mints 48

Things I ate from about midnight to 5:30am:
Biggest loser bar 110
two tubs vanilla forme yoghurt 138
Weight Watchers Ginger Kiss bar 112
Skinny snack bar 152

2254 calories! Yikes I went way over limit but maybe I will make that up by having a small dinner tonight and going to bed early! Not that I could stay awake any later lol.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:32 pm

its great when you write things down, you can recognise your weakness's and when you tend to snack, or overeat. helps to make changes and improvements. keep going :) I also like to read what other people eat. I have always ahd wars with food, lol
being a fat teen, and eating the same as all my friends, I always wondered why they were still slim, and then as I went thru life, always wondered what other normal people ate.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:49 am

dragonfly wrote:its great when you write things down, you can recognise your weakness's and when you tend to snack, or overeat. helps to make changes and improvements. keep going :) I also like to read what other people eat. I have always ahd wars with food, lol
being a fat teen, and eating the same as all my friends, I always wondered why they were still slim, and then as I went thru life, always wondered what other normal people ate.

Yeah it really does help to write things down. I read in the paper over the weekend that people who kept a food diary were 3 times as likely to lose weight/keep it off as those who didn't. So that's a good motivator, isn't it? :D

What I ate yesterday (from about 7am)

2 strawberry forme yoghurts 132
Red apple 81
Coffee 20

Lo carb sugar free monster energy drink 26
Bread 198
Cheese 70
Ham 50
Mustard 28

Was too hungry (again) so I got
Chicken wrap 448

Snack: two pocket rockets (twiggy sticks) from aldi 126

I found that these were fantastic at keeping hunger at bay, an hour after I ate these I didn't even want to eat dinner!

Dinner was: one carrot cut in half, covered with oil+garlic, one small piece pumpkin also covered with oil+garlic- I don't think there was a whole half tablespoon of oil but in worst case scenario I will estimate that they were 120 calories
Small amount of roast beef: maybe 200 calories

So yesterday I had about 1500 calories, much better! Out of curiousity I added up my calorie intake over the past 5 days and divided by 5 to get an average, and it was 1774 calories a day. Calorie king tells me I should be having 1731 cals per day with 45 minutes of walking. However I have been exercising on average more than an hour per day so I'm on track with my calories!

Feels good :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Next

Return to Daily Food Diary