It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:28 am

Free Newsletter

Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:54 am

Wednesday's food.

Binged uncontrollably last night. Horrible and disappointing. I think my motivation to lose weight is now dead. Or rather I would like to but I just want to eat and eat and eat and eat...and eat. :(

Optifast bar 217
Optifast bar 217
sundried tomato and cheese muffine 202
coffee 17
another muffin 202
salt and vinegar rice crackers 188
hoummus 102
peach 64
frozen yoghurt 103

and now the binge:
2 spring rolls 450
fruit bar 116
muffin bar 126
frozen yoghurt 103
rice cakes 64
corn thins 88
spring rolls 225
rice crackers 188
peanut butter 168

Calories: 2854, as I said...no exercise today. Feel like hell this morning and in the mood to continue the binge and no exercise too. Wish I could get my motivation back but I feel like I have no hope.
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:15 pm

oh steph, I am in the same funk right now, and no will power to resist the bad stuff. urgh!!! I want back what I had before christmas. its been pretty bad since then :(
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:32 pm

dragonfly wrote:oh steph, I am in the same funk right now, and no will power to resist the bad stuff. urgh!!! I want back what I had before christmas. its been pretty bad since then :(

Awwww, I'm sorry Karin! Its so annoying isn't it? :( I've been delaying updating here, at the moment it feels like the best I can hope for is not to gain it all back. I want to be able to step on the scales at the doctor's and be told, 'You are within the healthy weight range, you're not at a higher risk for diabetes, heart disease, cancer, osteoarthritis etc etc'. Yet when I have the urge to overeat, I'm not considering my health or this moment at all...I'm thinking about a particular food, and the thought of how it will taste, of how I HAVE to have it, of how nothing is as important as eating that particular food even if I am totally full. :(

So I have a couple of days food and exercise to update.

Thursday's food:

Mixed berry yoghurt, made fresh from a fruit shop- full fat and tasted like heaven- 494
monster energy drink 26
oh henry chocolate bar 263
baker's delight mediterranean pizza bread 559
chocolate milk 306
babybel cheese 70
3 musketeers chocolate bare 260
100g beef 190
100g carrot 55
50g pumpkin 40
50g sweet potato 35
oil 44
chocolates from work-eeeek- 614
muffin 202
peach 64
jam 64

Calories: 3266, 60 minutes on the exercise bike and 50 minutes of walking :(
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Friday's food:

Peach 61
220g vanilla forme yoghurt 86
tub passionfruit forme yoghurt 72
apple 45
coffee 17
baby ruth chocolate bar 280
cheese 140
tropical forme yoghurt 69
roast pumpkin and chickpea salad 349
salt and vinegar kettle chips 213
3 hazelnut lindt balls 231
veal schnitzel 570
chips 369
chocolate mousse 500
dinner roll 90
butter 50
rice cakes 128

Calories: 3270, 60 minutes on the exercise bike and 50 minutes of walking. Should note that at times these calories are my estimations and not totally accurate, went to an rsl club and I'm just guessing about the meals calories. Blew it again. But I can see what is causing it, its all the junk food i've bought and the junk food from work. I need to remind myself that everything I do is by choice, I'm choosing to eat this and to delay losing more weight. Even if I get that overeating/junk food urge, I need to remind myself about the choice involved. Reminding myself: I can be in control of my food intake, it does not control me.

Or so says the self-help books lol.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Not too fantastic yesterday. Had a cold (still have one) so feeling a bit miserable.

Bread 198
Margarine 49
Jam 64
Peanut butter 168
Milk 196
Healthy choice chips 620
Soy schnitzel 209
Chicken stirfry 400
Orange 84
Carrots 104
Jarrah hot chocolate 45
Fruit bar 116
Fruit chews 60

Calories: 2313, still did 60 minutes on the exercise bike despite not feeling well. Went way over the calories I need to lose weight, but I estimate that the calories were ok for maintaining (which is better than more than 3000 and well on my way to gaining).

Doing well so far today, focusing on my health and reminding myself of my goal. Hopefully that continues and I don't blow it tonight with a late-night binge as so often keeps happening lately.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 am

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how sick I feel today. Have woken up with a throbbing headache and my voice still sounds like a witch. Would have loved to have worked today and made some $$$, I got offered a shift in a nice centre with kids but I'm stuck at home! This sucks. :( Waaaaaaah.

Yesterday's intake:

Breakfast: bread 198
peanut butter 168
jam 64
coffee 5

Lunch: can of country ladle chicken soup 164
2 boiled eggs 139

Snack: vanilla forme yoghurt 117

Another snack:
2 nectarines 130

Dinner: 180g cooked rice 236
40g reduced fat cheese 135
140g can tuna in springwater 139
frozen yoghurt 103

Snack: muffin bar 140

Extras: 3 cough lollies 45
4 fruit chews 60

Calories: 1843, and 1 hour on the exercise bike. Feeling so happy that I managed to stick to my calories kind of thing yesterday, yay!
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 pm

I saw this box of chocolates on saturday

And now I can't stop thinking about buying them and eating them all! EEeeeek. I know I really can't afford to buy these considering how often I've consumed up to and above 3000 calories on some days during the past couple of weeks.

Yet I find myself thinking about them.

:( :( :( :( :(
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 am

Still thinking about the chocolates, but I feel so pleased with myself over the past 2 days in terms of my calorie intake and with doing sensible amounts of exercise.

There is a relatively new gym where I live, and their fees are so much cheaper than Fitness First, only $10.95 a week which includes unlimited classes like zumba, yoga and aerobics as well as unlimited use of the fitness equipment. There are no contracts or anything, and I can cancel with only 2 weeks notice. There is also the base membership which is only $5.95 per week which just includes access to the equipment but you have to pay $5 for any class. So cheap, I'm seriously considering it (fitness first is something like $22.50 per fornight with a yearly contract!!!!!!).

Yesterday's calories:
Breakfast: 20g peanut butter 123
jam 64
bread 198
coffee 5
cough lollies 45
fruit chews 45
jarrah hot chocolate 45

Snack: 390g vanilla forme yoghurt 152

Lunch: 2 eggs 139
30g cheese 101
nectarine 63

Dinner: chicken stirfry 465

Snack: nectarine 63

Calories: 1611, 1 hour on the exercise bike and 35 minutes of acculumative walking as I had to go to the shops get some things (sunglasses, iron tablets, st john's wort tablets, berocca, carrots, frozen vegies etc).
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 am

Tuesday's calories:

Breakfast: jam 66
sultanas 32
peanut butter 185
bread 198
cheese 70
coffee 5

snack: yoghurt 117

lunch: 1/4 cup shape milk 25
1 teaspoon margarine 25
carbonara pasta 287
360g carrots 144
olives 70

dinner: roll 174
margarine 49
vegies 60
soy schnitzel 209

snack: optifast bar 217

calories: 1933 1hour on the bike, 30 minute walk

Went to the movies tuesday nite to see How Do You Know, mainly for the air-conditioning and because the movies are cheap on tuesday. It was ok, predictable but enjoyable.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 am

Had a horrific binge day yesterday, I can't believe I only lasted 3 days before binging!!!! What's wrong with me???? :(

Breakfast: mango and passionfruit yoghurt (full fat) 457

lunch: 3 roses chocolates (from work) 150
roll 217
cheese 140
monster lo carb drink 26

snack: 6 roses chocolates (from work) 300

Dinner: 40g hoummus 80
eggs 139
meat 205
bread 217
margarine 49

Binge: 6 pineapple rings 120
25g nutrigrain 96
bread 98
margarine 49
milk 98
coco pops 229
rice snacks 77
le snack 82
muffin bar 140
fruit bar 116

Calories: 3085, 45 minutes swimmming and 70 minutes of walking.

I feel so hopeless.

:( :( :( :( :(
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:08 am

I decided that after the huge binge, it was time to re-evaluate how I did things. If something isn't working, I'm willing to change it. So calorie-counting has worked for me these past 3 months, but now its failing me. So for the next month, I've decided I'm not going to count calories anymore. I will still continue to have a food diary and record everything I eat but yesterday I didn't write down the calories (it was hard not to lol!). In a month I will evaluate my weight and see how it is.

Yesterday's cals:

6:30am Optifast bar

11am: starving at my break at work. 2 small nectarines, an apple fruit bar and some rice snacks. I don't feel bad for eating these, I was very hungry so I honoured my hunger

1pm: I had two pieces of soy and linseed bread with margarine and a leftover meat patty from last night.

5pm: 3 cadbury roses choccies (from work). Oops.

Dinner: leftover chicken stirfry

Snack: frozen yoghurt

Exercise, 1 hour on the bike and about an hour of walking. :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Steph

Just a few thoughts on your comments over the past few entries:

If you've discarded calorie counting, may I suggest restricting yourself to low energy-density foods which will give you a decent chance at feeling full and not bulking up on the kilojoules.

Keep listing your binges though, or otherwise they'll be swept under the carpet and forgotten - potentially making any weight gains seem normal rather than a result of a particular action.

I reckon personal actions and their effects are important to recognise, since this is the only way to have control over our behaviour and reach a desired outcome. Once you can control the impulses resulting in "binges" then you should be fine.

I've noticed, both with myself and via the comments of others in the forum, that eating high-Glycemic Index (GI) foods like rice and white bread, and those with empty carbs such as choccies, sugar, some oils and fats, tends to make the body desire more and more similar foods for a period of days. Conversely, abstaining from those types of foods for a few days seems to reduce the craving for them. Perhaps if you can grit your teeth and keep off any related foods for just a week (even stuff like peanut butter and rice cakes) then it may gradually take the edge off your cravings for junk. Try it and see.

Perhaps approach it mentally as it being a simple fact that bad habits and impulses must be controlled in order to regain good health and weight-control. There's simply no other way. You don't have a choice, so the only real course of action left to you is not to binge. Tell yourself that every day, and perhaps also tell yourself that you'll reconsider your stance "tomorrow". When tomorrow comes round tell yourself that again. And again, constantly pushing the possibility of binging into the future.

Anyway, just a few ideas there that might help.
Striving to improve in every way possible.
CronicBadger

Postby court » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Awww Steph!!
You know what I found helped me - even just for a little while.. "The Gabriel Method"...

see if your local library has a copy :D

I sporadically calorie count but after reading that book I feel a little bit less pressured about everything 8)
court

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:08 am

Had an ok day yesterday, could have been worse, could have been better. The childcare centre I was at always has tons of food around. The things that are served to the children are usually healthy, the meal plan was devised by a nutrionist. Yesterday they had 'pizza' but it was healthy- made using turkish bread with capsicum, onion, pineapple, cheese and ham. I had one small little bit and well....ended up having a few more bits in my lunch break instead of the sandwich I brought from home. I wish I could say I was sorry but its been such a long time since I had pizza and this was relatively healthy.

Yesterday's food:

6am: a small serving of special k and small serving of cornflakes (they were both in those small pre-packaged packets) with some skim milk. I was full halfway though the cornflakes but I stupidly kept eating, I treated myself like a garbage bin

9am: a peach and a tub of forme yoghurt

11:15am: another tub of forme yoghurt and a cadbury roses chocolate

1:30am: healthy 'homemade pizza' on turkish bread with capsicum, ham, pinapple, onion and cheese

5:30pm: nature valley roasted almond bar (they were giving out free samples at the train station so I tried it, it was really nice and tasted a bit like an anzac biscuit)

8:30pm: a frozen meal from aldi, 'Be Light Sundried Tomato and chicken pasta' I'd never tried it before and it tasted a bit odd

12:am: tub of forme yoghurt

Exercise: 1 hour on the bike before work and a further accumulative 1 hour walk throughout the day and after work.

Have a huge challenge this weekend with two family birthdays. I've been weighing myself everyday and the scales keep saying '77' kilos, they are the old-style non-digital kind but. I feel pretty upset.

CronicBadger wrote:Hi Steph

Just a few thoughts on your comments over the past few entries:

If you've discarded calorie counting, may I suggest restricting yourself to low energy-density foods which will give you a decent chance at feeling full and not bulking up on the kilojoules.

Keep listing your binges though, or otherwise they'll be swept under the carpet and forgotten - potentially making any weight gains seem normal rather than a result of a particular action.

I reckon personal actions and their effects are important to recognise, since this is the only way to have control over our behaviour and reach a desired outcome. Once you can control the impulses resulting in "binges" then you should be fine.

I've noticed, both with myself and via the comments of others in the forum, that eating high-Glycemic Index (GI) foods like rice and white bread, and those with empty carbs such as choccies, sugar, some oils and fats, tends to make the body desire more and more similar foods for a period of days. Conversely, abstaining from those types of foods for a few days seems to reduce the craving for them. Perhaps if you can grit your teeth and keep off any related foods for just a week (even stuff like peanut butter and rice cakes) then it may gradually take the edge off your cravings for junk. Try it and see.

Perhaps approach it mentally as it being a simple fact that bad habits and impulses must be controlled in order to regain good health and weight-control. There's simply no other way. You don't have a choice, so the only real course of action left to you is not to binge. Tell yourself that every day, and perhaps also tell yourself that you'll reconsider your stance "tomorrow". When tomorrow comes round tell yourself that again. And again, constantly pushing the possibility of binging into the future.

Anyway, just a few ideas there that might help.

Hi there, thankyou for your comments. I agree that at times certain foods are addictive and can lead to cravings for more and more. However there are occasions when life simply gets in the way of avoiding junk all together, for example today and tomorrow are my cousin's and my aunty's birthdays, my mother has gone to a great deal of effort to make their cakes and of course I'm expected to eat them.

In October when I started this weight-reducing program there were a few weeks where I avoided chocolates/junk and I stopped having cravings for them at all though, so that was nice.

court wrote:Awww Steph!!
You know what I found helped me - even just for a little while.. "The Gabriel Method"...

see if your local library has a copy :D

I sporadically calorie count but after reading that book I feel a little bit less pressured about everything 8)

Thankyou court! I think I will check that out, I know that book is in the library because I can remember my mum borrowing it about a year ago. At the time I wasn't interested in or trying to lose weight, but I sure am now! XD
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Ok so, I've been delaying logging in here. Feeling a bit ashamed of myself. I think about a month or so ago the scales may have said 75.5 kilos and I can't fool myself anymore or deny it, they are now telling me 77 kilos. I don't have the heart to change my sig just yet. :( The truth is there have been alot of days when I've continued eating way past the point of fullness, my stomach has been screaming 'Enough! Enough I'm full!' and I've continued on eating, ignoring my physical discomfort. Of course that weight is going to happen.

I've been doing ok these past couple of days though, no overeating or binges. I haven't been keeping a food diary like I was or counting calories but maybe I will start it up again. I will try and remember what I've eaten today anyway.

Breakfast:
2 pieces of soy and linseed toast with margarine, sultanas and dates
2 cups of black coffee with splenda

Lunch:
340g mixed steamed vegies- broccoli, carrot, cauliflower and snow peas
slim and trim vanilla shake

snack
sesame snap

dinner:
baked mushroom, spinach and parmesan risotto (tasted soooo yummy!) best recipe ever and here is the link
http://www.calorieking.com.au/recipes/V ... 00ODM.html

I mixed in a small can of tuna (for extra protein) and some chopped black olives as I've been craving them. I'm really struggling not to go to the kitchen right now and pig out on dried fruit, toast with lots of peanut butter and jam, yoghurt, milk, cereal aaaaaagggggggh!!!! :(

I kept eating past the point of fullness at dinner which was so stupid. It was on my plate and I kept eating, I told myself I could have put the portion I couldn't finish in the fridge and have it for later or tomorrow but noooo....I kept eating. Old habits die hard.

Did alot of walking, not exactly sure how long for. Maybe around 2 hours or just under. The binge demon is desperate to come out, if I was at a supermarket right now in the junk food aisle I would be a goner.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary