It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Binged again, I feel awful. But I'm trying something new, I've planned out my meals and snacks for tomorrow. I've noticed that when I plan what I'm going to eat, I anticipate it, look forward to it, and I end up craving it so to speak if its something I've planned to have. So I'm hoping this will help. I've included fruit, crackers, vegies, low-fat dairy, as well as olives and peanut butter on some nice bread which is what i've been craving and overeating on a bit. Also a nice fruit bar and some diet hot chocolate. I think its good for me to include 'binge' foods into my normal meals so I realize its something I can enjoy for lunch/healthy snack etc and still keep within healthy amount of calories.
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:36 am

Here is a list of the junk food I've eaten over the past week:

Chocolate coated almond biscuits
small pack peanut M&M's
bounty bar
small pack mini creme eggs
200g peanut chocolate block
190g crunchie chocolate block
220g marble chocolate block
1 packet of musk sticks
1 packet of caramel popcorn
4 golden gaytime ice-creams

Ha. As you can see, I couldn't be less motivated to lose weight. However, this morning I weighed myself and I was 76 kilos which means I've only gained one kilo. Not so bad at all. I'm losing alot of my hair which is creeping me out though, maybe I'm not eating enough iron lol.

I can't remember everything I ate yesterday, especially for lunch (I'm drawing a blank). Maybe I will just try and eat healthier today after this past week and take it from there.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:40 pm

I hate when i write it all down and see how much junk I actually ate!!!
as I live 1 hour from the shops, I am now makign sure on shopping days I am not bringing home bad stuff. I didnt buy any marshmellows LOL even tho I could do some now LOL.
I might make some...... ha ha ha ha.

planning out and making a menu plan is a good idea. I hope it helps you steph!!!
I know you wanna get to 70kilos real bad, same as I want to get under 140.

race ya there LOL
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:44 pm

dragonfly wrote:I hate when i write it all down and see how much junk I actually ate!!!
as I live 1 hour from the shops, I am now makign sure on shopping days I am not bringing home bad stuff. I didnt buy any marshmellows LOL even tho I could do some now LOL.
I might make some...... ha ha ha ha.

planning out and making a menu plan is a good idea. I hope it helps you steph!!!
I know you wanna get to 70kilos real bad, same as I want to get under 140.

race ya there LOL

Thanks Karin! Yeah it really does all add up. I try and fool myself when I buy a block of cadbury that I will just have one or two rows a day...then I end up eating the whole block. Maybe one day I will be a person who can have blocks of chocolate around and not the scoff the lot, but til that day I should probably just limit myself to one bar at a time. The planning went out the window unfortunately. Oh well.

I remember what I ate yesterday:
For breakfast I had two pieces of toast with margarine and vegemite. For lunch I had 250g of baked healthy choice chips with tomato sauce and a grilled soy schnitzel. Bought a magazine and got a 'free sample' bag with it (super food ideas) so ate some of the samples which were: about 12 cheddar rice crackers, 2 chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate 'tumble' bar. Dinner I ate at my aunty's place and she cooked fried bream fish (really yummy!), fried chips, coleslaw and green beans. For dessert yummy fruit salad with vanilla ice cream, also about 3 dark chocolate coated macadamias. On the way home I stopped and bought a mango and macadamia weiss bar and I got hungry later and had 4 crispbreads (like vitawheats, except from aldi so not the same). Walked for about an hour.

Today I've eaten two pieces of toast, one with vegemite and margarine the other with some reduced fat cream cheese. For lunch I had leftover tuna pasta bake with parmesan cheese and sliced black olives. For a snack I had a peach. Dinner was 350g of carrots, snow peas and cauliflower. Then I had a can of chicken and corn soup, I also boiled up two eggs for extra protein and added them into the soup. I realize now that I'm lacking the calcium department today so I'm going to have two forme yoghurts later. I've walked for about half an hour, feeling too tired to do more. I have a really bad headache right now so I'm just going to take it easy.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby court » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:49 am

I try and fool myself when I buy a block of cadbury that I will just have one or two rows a day...then I end up eating the whole block. Maybe one day I will be a person who can have blocks of chocolate around and not the scoff the lot, but til that day I should probably just limit myself to one bar at a time

This is me. So I just dont buy it. Yesterday I was so sick that I told OH to go and get me some M&M's and we ate the whole bag. :roll: If I dont have it in the house I wont eat it and it is easier to say no when you have to get up and go and get it!!!! Just a thought :)

From my experience - having something with protein in it at every meal helps with making me feel more satiated - for example - dont have some toast with vege for breaky have one piece of dense bread with one or two poacehd eggs! (my poacher takes 40 secs in the micro so takes less time than the toast cooking) then morning tea some natural yoghurt with frozen berries in it - lunch of chicken wrap with salad, arvo tea of raw nuts (about 40 grams) then your healthy dinner!! I know it sounds easy in writing but if this is all yur purchase for the week it is so much easier :roll:
court

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 am

Thanks Court, yeah I know all about the protein thing but I've given up trying to lose weight at this point. Maybe I will get my motivation back in six months, maybe I won't. I've stopped trying.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:26 pm

dont give up steph!!! hang in there. this is just a rough time, and a fork int he road, dont take the path that is easiest.
if food is being a PAIN in the a$$, try amping up the exercise, not so much MORE in time wise, but maybe try adding a new and differnt exercise in. I have started boxing, and my walking, but perhaps you could try aerobics, or swimming, or yoga....? I dunno, something new. somethign fresh, something to wake up the body and push it.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:14 pm

dragonfly wrote:dont give up steph!!! hang in there. this is just a rough time, and a fork int he road, dont take the path that is easiest.
if food is being a PAIN in the a$$, try amping up the exercise, not so much MORE in time wise, but maybe try adding a new and differnt exercise in. I have started boxing, and my walking, but perhaps you could try aerobics, or swimming, or yoga....? I dunno, something new. somethign fresh, something to wake up the body and push it.

Thanks Karin, good advice :D

Felt really proud of myself tonight, cooked a chicken stirfry with lots of veg. Ate it slowly and when I'd eaten maybe 3/4 of it I felt full. Ordinarily would have continued eating but I did something really hard and threw it in the bin. So hard to break the habit of the 'clean the plate club'.

Ate pretty healthily today, special k and toast for brekky, pasta, ham and a peach for lunch. For snacks I had some rice crackers and a bounty bar (oops). As mentioned before had a chicken stirfry.

Did an hour on the exercise bike. Mum told me she thought I should go back on zoloft (antidepressant) so took one this morning and have been crying heavily all day long! I think its having the reverse effect on me, instead of making me feel better its made me feel worse! Not sure if I will take it tomorrow.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

I went on antiD's for a while, and hated them. they didnt fix the problem, was just a bandaid over the top while the wound bled underneath. One day i woke up and stopped taking them, and have been great since lol, plus 18months of councelling lol. but no more drugs. I even stopped the birth control pill and used a natural method of timing instead of mind and body alterating drugs. Do what you think is best, but also remember that they take a few weeks to actually work properly, and a few weeks to come down back off them.

instead of those, maybe see a natropath at the chemist, and ask them for some spray to put under your tongue which is what i used, it relaxed me and camed my anxiety. there are many varietys for different things, and are based on herbs and natural remedies. alot less strong than a anti-d pill, but are a slower longer term way to help, while the underlying problem can be dealt with.

(((HUGS)))
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 pm

dragonfly wrote:I went on antiD's for a while, and hated them. they didnt fix the problem, was just a bandaid over the top while the wound bled underneath. One day i woke up and stopped taking them, and have been great since lol, plus 18months of councelling lol. but no more drugs. I even stopped the birth control pill and used a natural method of timing instead of mind and body alterating drugs. Do what you think is best, but also remember that they take a few weeks to actually work properly, and a few weeks to come down back off them.

instead of those, maybe see a natropath at the chemist, and ask them for some spray to put under your tongue which is what i used, it relaxed me and camed my anxiety. there are many varietys for different things, and are based on herbs and natural remedies. alot less strong than a anti-d pill, but are a slower longer term way to help, while the underlying problem can be dealt with.

(((HUGS)))

Ooh that spray sounds interesting. I've been taking 'Flordis' St John's Wort and its helped me alot but I forgot to take it for a couple of weeks and I think that's why I got sad.

I was put on zoloft as a teen but my original dose was upped and upped and upped until eventually I was on 250mg a day (five times the amount I was on originally!). And it did nothing.

Ate pretty well today. For breakfast had a big bowl of special k with skim milk and a peach. For lunch I had a multigrain sandwich made with one piece of low fat cheese, a few pieces of low fat ham, low fat sundried tomatoes and some lettuce. Also had one apple. For snacks I had another peach, some rockmelon, an optifast bar and some m&m's. For dinner I had some steamed vegies with homemade spaghetti sauce (I had vegies instead of pasta). Did the same thing as yesterday: when I felt full I stopped eating what was on my plate instead of continuing.

I work with kids and I always see them throw out their food when they've finished eating and aren't hungry anymore, yet I've been treating myself like a garbage bin all of these years by continuing to eat past the point of my fullness. Something I'm working on.

I almost bought a packet of caramel crown biscuits today but I reminded myself how tired I would feel tomorrow if I ate them all and I put them back. Also, almost bought a jar of kraft crunchy peanut butter. Here at home dad only gets thee no salt no sugar kind which is much healthier but as a binge food the unhealthy stuff is better. I didn't buy it though.

My face has broken out in pimples because of all the sugar I've been eating too.

P.S. also spent an hour on the exercise bike and 1 hour in total walking
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Another 'good' day, by that I mean no excessive overeating or binging yay.

For breakfast I had an optifast bar, I would have much preferred special k and skim milk but I was in a rush. For a snack I had a peach and a tub of forme yoghurt. At lunch time a multigrain sandwich with two pieces of low fat cheese, ham and tomato, I also had a peach and some almonds. For a snack I had a nectarine and for dinner I had a tuna pasta bake. Spent an hour on the exercise bike and walked for about twenty minutes. Last night I also had some dried apricots, yummy.

I have a snickers bar in my handbag and I also have some 'le rice' dairy desserts in the fridge, not really fattening (165) and pretty low fat. I might see how I feel. Right at this moment I feel like binging but I've joined a community group thingy on the website sparkpeople which is called living binge-free. I want to make it to 21 days without binging...
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:06 pm

i get the spark people emails too :)
thats a great challenge to set yourself, and do 21 days binge free. small goals and achievable goals, without the life sentance which can seem scary. thats why I did the 7 day chocolate free diet, and completed sucessfully. :)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:41 pm

dragonfly wrote:i get the spark people emails too :)
thats a great challenge to set yourself, and do 21 days binge free. small goals and achievable goals, without the life sentance which can seem scary. thats why I did the 7 day chocolate free diet, and completed sucessfully. :)

That's great, I love the spark people emails :D

Congrats on managing to do 7 days of no chocolate! :)

Well I lasted 3 days without binging. I overate yesterday, had about 2800 calories (rough estimate). Was horrible. Food I ate:

3 serves of special k with about a cup and a half of skim milk with sugar
4 pieces of toast with margarine and about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
A snickers bar
A reese's peanut butter cup bar
A frozen yoghurt
Leftover tuna pasta bake
A le rice dairy dessert
Roast beef and roast vegies

I guess I consider it a binge when I keep eating way past the point of fullness, where my stomach is uncomfortably full. And I was. Was going to use the exercise bike and I lasted all of two minutes on it. Walked for 2 hours. I walked for an hour during the day and after dinner I felt like I was going to do more binging for sure so I decided to get out of the house and do some errands for mum, and because I had to go to the shops to do the errands I ended up walking the extra hour.

Today I haven't binged. I spent 45 minutes on the exercise bike and walked for 18 minutes.
This morning I had a large orange, a tub of forme yoghurt and 60g of almonds.
For lunch I had an apple, an orange, and a ham, cheese, tomato and lettuce sandwich.
For dinner I had roast beef, peas and rice.

Feel ok and don't really have any binge feelings.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Well last night I ended up overeating, not necessarily what I would constitute a full-on 'binge'. I ate a whole packet of rice crackers, salt and vinegar flavour. I thought that they would be a healthier alternative to salt and vinegar potato chips as they have less fat. Now because I don't have a gallbladder, if I eat alot of fat one day the next I feel exhausted. This morning I woke up feeling exhausted despite not eating that much fat...some fat in the almonds I had for breakfast and in the cheese at lunchtime, but nothing huge. Now that I think about it, maybe there were alot of chemically flavourings in the rice crackers that my liver and body found toxic and this is the reason I was exhausted.

Doing ok so far today. Had special k and skim milk for breakfast, some homemade low-fat indian beans and chapati bread (from the excellent low-fat cookbook Symply 2 good 2 be true 5), and a peach. Will have some more beans and chapati bread for dinner, as well as some yoghurt, an orange and maybe a chocolate crunch bar that I have. Was in the shops today and almost bought a whole 200g block and a 100g block but I put them back and just bought a 45g single serve chocolate bar.

Spent an hour on the exercise bike and really enjoyed it, I felt the endorphins running through me and it felt like a bit of stress relief. UNfortunately did some walking, I say unfortunate because it was raining and I wanted to catch a bus but the bus never arrived so I was forced to walk. I find walking a real drag, and boring too now. I really prefer the exercise bike at the moment because I'm finding it more fun.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 pm

I feel like I'm banging my head repeatedly against a brick wall in terms of my weight loss. My mum said to me the other day, imagine when you were 102 kilos, if you woke up one day and you were 76 kilos how would you feel? And of course I would have been ecstatic. I remember how I felt being 26 kilos heavier and it was a huge difference. I need to feel grateful and appreciative of the weight loss I've managed to do so far.

And also what Karin was talking about, how she is happy to be maintaining her weight. I should feel happy too, but I'm frustrated with myself for continuing to overeat each day. Its like even though I'm using the exercise bike or walking most days, and keeping a general count of my calories its all for nothing because its not helping me achieve my goal of 66 kilos.

Today I saw a family Kit Kat block on special for $1.99...1000 calories roughly. So tempted to buy it! I didn't, but now the craving is manifesting in my mind and I know its only a matter of time before I give in.

Overate yesterday, had about 2500 calories. Had a crunch chocolate bar, smarties and a piece of custard cake (as my mum had made it for her friend's birthday). Ate some french baguette bread (yum!), special k, frozen yoghurt, 4 peaches, an orange etc etc. One hour on the exercise bike.

Today was better. Had 40g of Just right for breakfast as well 200ml of skim milk. For a snack I had two peaches and a tub of forme yoghurt. Was working with babies so had a small serving of their lunch (fried rice with steamed pumpkin and potato). At lunch time had a ham, cheese, tomato and lettuce sandwich as well as an orange. Snack before dinner was a peach. Dinner was a mushroom and spinach risotto, also had some mango flavoured frozen yoghurt and peppermint tea. Spent an hour on the exercise bike and 14 minutes walking.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary