It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 am

Free Newsletter

Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Postby dragonfly » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:19 pm

hi!
I did have my name in my siggy, but must have been deleted when i did changes etc.
its karin. :)
thats cool, with the photos. I have alot of friends who dont put them up either., or they just chop off their heads and just do the body.
did you take measurements at all?
I will have to share my losses at one time too, when i find my paper i wrote it down on lol. they are amazing, like not in a brag way, but I am amazed how much just 12kilos lost equates to in cms!!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 am

Wasn't feeling very good yesterday, had some nausea unfortunately. So my eating was a bit odd too.

Apple crumble custard flavour diet yoghurt 76
Honey 84 (had a few cups of camomile and ginger tea!)
4 crispbread 68
Burgen soy linseed toast 198
Fruit bar 168
Chicken enchilada 452
Four bean mix 143
Peas and corn (leftover from yesterday) 0
Crispbread 124
Forme strawberry yoghurt 66
Wildberry frozen yoghurt stick 103

Calories: 1482. Not much exercise, about 23 minutes. Walking to and from bus stops, walking to and from medical centres to see a doctor, walking to and from a chemist to pick up medicine :(

dragonfly wrote:hi!
I did have my name in my siggy, but must have been deleted when i did changes etc.
its karin. :)
thats cool, with the photos. I have alot of friends who dont put them up either., or they just chop off their heads and just do the body.
did you take measurements at all?
I will have to share my losses at one time too, when i find my paper i wrote it down on lol. they are amazing, like not in a brag way, but I am amazed how much just 12kilos lost equates to in cms!!

Excellent, can I call you Karin? :D

I've never bothered with measurements. I'm sure that must be nice to be able to compare before and after measurements though!
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:19 am

Very disappointed with how much I ate yesterday. I think one thing I need to remind myself of is not to eat too much all at once, to try and stretch the food out until a bit later. For example, instead of having cereal and yoghurt and fruit, just having cereal and yoghurt and then having the fruit two or three hours later.

Breakfast:
2 slices burgen toast 183
Honey 84
1 tub weight watchers apple crumble custard flavour yoghurt 76
Apple 54
Caramel cappuccino 65

Snack Crispbread 124

Lunch: San remo macaroni 291
Margarine 48
Milk 22
Tuna 139

Snack: 340g vanilla forme yoghurt 133

Dinner: Sweet plum chicken stirfry with singapore noodles 667
Frozen mango yoghurt stick 103

Calories: 1989. Not alot of exercise, just ten minutes walking (to the post office and back) and 8 minutes on the exercise bike. So 18 minutes of exercise in total. Have an exam tomorrow so won't be doing any exercise today either but as I'm going into uni tomorrow I have to do some walking to get there. So that should make up for it.

Back on the healthy eating low-calorie bandwagon today, I've just had yoghurt and cereal for brekky (no fruit or coffee) and mum has made me a lovely turkey and salad sandwich for lunch. :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:19 am

Breakfast: 210g vanilla forme yoghurt 82
Weetbix hibran 143

Lunch: turkey salad sandwich 400
270g orange 100

Snack: 200g passionfruit forme yoghurt 82

Dinner: 160g chicken 168
Oil 44
Gravy 56
Healthy choice chips 207
500g vegies 146
Juice of one lemon 20

After dinner snacks:
Jarrah hot chocolate 45
Apple muffin bar 140
Apple 63
Weight watchers forest fruits bar 110

Calories: 1806. Makes me realize the perils of non-hungry eating. I was just going to have the apple after dinner, but I wanted some chocolate so I had the hot chocolate. Then because I'd bought these apple muffin bars I was curious about how they tasted, so I ate one and it was actually horrible! Quite dry, not nice at all. Immediately after this I ate the apple and I wasn't even hungry. I was up a bit late and I was hungry when I ate the weight watchers bar though.

The hot chocolate, muffin bar and apple add up to 248 calories that's just 20 calories short of a Mars Bar!!!!! I really need to get a handle on this, if I include non-hungry eating as a regular thing I could quickly end up gaining back any weight I lose. Oh well, back on the bandwagon again. Not a complete loss yesterday, I might try and go swimming for a couple of hours on the weekend or something. :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:47 pm

hi!!

just popping in to say I have been reading, and yes, those snacks could equate a mars bar, but for the same calories much more volume in food with the other things.
I try avoid anything packaged like in a bar, i dont find them at all satisfying, and get more enjoyment from real fruit. i never even used to eat fruit, and now I do all the time. if you make small adjustments and then they become a lifestyle.
with all the fresh fruits in the supermarkets now with summer, try munching thru some strawberries, grapes, and kiwis. they have alot of natural occuring sugar in them, to satify the minds craving for sugar.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:20 am

Had my last exam yesterday afternoon and now I feel a bit annoyed that I missed out on a shift for work today :( Actually alot annoyed as I have no money now. Lol oh well I will just have to work lots in the next coming months hehe :D

Prunes 119
Passionfruit forme yoghurt 82
Weetbix hibran 143
Coffee 17
Chicken and salad wrap 452
Optifast cappuccino bar 238
9 Lindt peanut butter chocolates 643

Calories: 1694

Yes, I know. Too much sugar, no fresh fruit or vegetables. I'm not sorry, I enjoyed the chocolate and I did alot of walking because I had to go to uni. Also last exam! I will eat more healthily today.

dragonfly wrote:hi!!

just popping in to say I have been reading, and yes, those snacks could equate a mars bar, but for the same calories much more volume in food with the other things.
I try avoid anything packaged like in a bar, i dont find them at all satisfying, and get more enjoyment from real fruit. i never even used to eat fruit, and now I do all the time. if you make small adjustments and then they become a lifestyle.
with all the fresh fruits in the supermarkets now with summer, try munching thru some strawberries, grapes, and kiwis. they have alot of natural occuring sugar in them, to satify the minds craving for sugar.

Hi Karin! :D

Thankyou for your comments and for reading! I agree about the fruit thing for sure. The apple actually tasted much nicer than the muffin bar, much sweeter but then considering how bad the muffin bar was that's not surprising lol :P
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:59 am

Breakfast: Coffee 17
Prunes 119
Apple 63

Snack: 530 steamed vegetables 148
Lemon juice 20

Lunch: 2 pieces burgen soy and linseed toast 198
Grilled soy schnitzel 209
Seeded mustard 31
1 slice coon reduced fat cheese 70

Dinner: Large piece of tuna rice pie 600
Strawberry frozen yoghurt stick 103
2 peanut butter lindt chocolates 143

Calories: 1722

Walked to the grocery shop and back, that took about 50 minutes all up. And then I spent an hour on the exercise bike! So loads of exercise, I suspect I had a bit more than 600 calories when I had the tuna rice pie (because it had lots of cheese in it lol) but I'm not going to stress. Doing so much exercise, I think its ok to have a bit extra :)
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:22 am

Less in more out...is only way.....eat more=exercise harder! (on a basic level that is :roll: there is that nutrition Vs energy expenditure as well :) )
CONGRATS on the exercise...great to hear someone else putting in a huge effort...don't forget you'll be burning more after the exercise as well...........I figure if you keep that up, you'll be seeing real results in the coming weeks if not sooner. For me...I've been steadily exercising, but now its starting to become easy...time for me to put in some extra miles and or intensity as well.
Well done Steph...
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:40 am

Breakfast: 190g passionfruit forme yoghurt 78
180g vanilla forme yoghurt 70

Lunch: Tuna in brine 139
100g cottage cheese 88
2 slices burgen oat bread 166

Snack: milo bar 272

Dinner: 110g cheezels 583
Apple 57
Orange 85
500g steamed vegetables 140
Juice of one lemon 20

Snack: Strawberry forme yoghurt 66

Calories: 1764 and I walked for an hour. Reflecting on what I ate yesterday: I didn't even enjoy the milo bar, the caramel in it was sickly sweet (not nice and yummy like in a mars bar). I didn't really like the cheezels either, they were very strong and salty tasting but I still stuffed the lot down my throat. I think I binged like this on the cheezels because I started off the day telling myself to eat less carbs, that's why I just had the yoghurt with no fruit or cereal. Then at lunch I had the large can of tuna with cottage cheese (41g of protein!) with two slices of burgen bread. I wasn't hungry when I ate the milo bar- nor was I hungry when I ate the cheezels.

I feel a bit disappointed, but maybe this is a lesson for myself: eat proper meals, don't try and exclude regular foods like cereal. I feel a bit groggy this morning, but there was 33g of fat in the cheezels and I've no gallbladder so perhaps that isn't surprising.

Was going to go swimming but I checked the website of the pool, and they only have two lanes open from now until 3pm! That means they're going to have lanes closed for the inflatable castle for the kids which is fine, but it makes it a bit unpleasant to exercise when there's a number of people in the same lane as you who are really slow or really fast. I'm telling myself I will go at 3 but I'm not sure I'm going to be motivated enough then! The weather is overcast and a bit cooler too, so now I feel my resolve to swim waning.

Dave wrote:Less in more out...is only way.....eat more=exercise harder! (on a basic level that is :roll: there is that nutrition Vs energy expenditure as well :) )
CONGRATS on the exercise...great to hear someone else putting in a huge effort...don't forget you'll be burning more after the exercise as well...........I figure if you keep that up, you'll be seeing real results in the coming weeks if not sooner. For me...I've been steadily exercising, but now its starting to become easy...time for me to put in some extra miles and or intensity as well.
Well done Steph...

Thankyou very much Dave for your comments and for reading! I agree that intensity is important with exercise. I'm going try and do some skipping soon because I know that's really high-impact and high-intensity exercise that burns lots of calories. :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm going to update this now because its almost 9pm and I'm full lol. Food today:

10am: Prunes 119
Mocha 77

1pm 2 wholemeal crispbread 62
1 slice of reduced fat coon cheese 70
Slim & trim vanilla shake 207

4:30pm Chocolate optifast bar 217

8:15pm can of chicken & sweetcorn soup 311
2 pieces of toast 166
Apple 63

Calories: 1292. No exercise other than a boring trip to the supermarket to do grocery shopping.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:40 pm

laughing_sheep wrote:I'm going to update this now because its almost 9pm and I'm full lol. Food today:

10am: Prunes 119
Mocha 77

1pm 2 wholemeal crispbread 62
1 slice of reduced fat coon cheese 70
Slim & trim vanilla shake 207

4:30pm Chocolate optifast bar 217

8:15pm can of chicken & sweetcorn soup 311
2 pieces of toast 166
Apple 63

Calories: 1292. No exercise other than a boring trip to the supermarket to do grocery shopping.

My calories for yesterday ended up being 1403 instead because I got hungry at 11:15pm. Doing well so far today too, fingers crossed it stays that way because I've just dinner but I'm still hungry :(
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:56 am

I woke up at 4am and I couldn't go back to sleep, I've got work from 10am til 6pm with a group of 3 year olds who can't play outside because its pouring with rain! Not sure how this day will go, especially because I don't think I will be motivated enough to walk in the rain after work lol. Anyways, here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: Coffee+xylitol+vanilla creamer 60
Forme black cherry yoghurt 70
Weetbix hibran 143

Snack: Forme black cherry yoghurt 70

Lunch: Lettuce, carrot, grilled eggplant- not sure of calories, but negligible
Bread 166
Cheese 70
Ham 23
Mustard 31
Apple 59

Snack: Nature's Way Skinny Snack bar 152

Dinner: Italian chicken casserole (served with vegetables not pasta) 400
Mango frozen yoghurt 103
Weight watchers forest fruits bar 103
2 wholemeal crispbread 62

Calories: 1520, also walked for 45 minutes.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:37 pm

Hope things went well at work Steph...you must be exhausted?
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby laughing_sheep » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:53 am

Dave wrote:Hope things went well at work Steph...you must be exhausted?

Thanks Dave! Things at work weren't as bad I thought they were going to be. But I was extra hungry because of my early wake up, and also because for the two days before that I had gone below my recommended calories from calorie king.

Breakfast: Blackcurrant forme yoghurt 68
Apple 50
Cheese 70
Bread 198
Oil 44
Eggs 136

Lunch: Bread 198
Cheese 70
Ham 23
Mustard 31
Apple 54
Mini babybel 70
Strawberry Up and Go 259

Dinner: Roast beef and vegetables 500
Fruit bar 168

Calories: 1939. Walked for 51 minutes. Although my calories are a bit high I was so hungry that I wanted to eat my hand! I know that some people might be fine with just sticking to their cals but if I'm hungry then I'm hungry lol. I'm sure it will all even out.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:09 am

Yesterday I had one of the worst days at work ever. I was working with a lovely a little girl who has something called Prade-Willie Syndrome, and she was ok in the morning but after lunch when she was suppose to go to the toilet she started screaming at me. I asked her something like ten times to go to the toilet and she just kept saying 'No no no', I took out the mini timeglass that the staff said always works to get her to do something...and it didn't. I asked her again, let's go to the toilet. Still 'no no no.'

And then I lost it, I had to leave the room because I'd started crying! Seriously I was so embarrassed. But I knew it wasn't just me because when I got back the other staff in the room were trying to get her to the toilet and they had to force her, and she was in the toilets screaming for about an hour!

To say I wanted to binge was an understatement. I started thinking about a Big Mac, fries and Cadbury Marble Chocolate!

9:20am Chocolate optifast bar 217
2:35pm: chocolate optifast bar 217
Monster locarb drink 25
5pm: BINGE! 5 ferrero rochers 350
2 rows of cadbury marble chocolate 270
7pm: Chicken tonight lite 386
Plus more veg 57
Slim and trim chocolate shake 205
1am Passionfruit forme yoghurt 70

Calories: 1798. Did alot of exercise- when I came home from work I'd walked for 52 minutes, after I binged I got on the exercise bike for an hour. After dinner went for a walk with mum to Woolies and back where the dvd vending machine was which took 40 minutes. So all up I exercised for 2 and a half hours yesterday.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary