It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:15 am

Free Newsletter

Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Steph's Food Diary! Yay :)

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:11 am

I really do feel for you steph. I did try my hand at disability care & I had many similar situations to the one you have described. It’s easy for others to tell you not to take those moments personally, especially for those whom have found there emotional off switch so that they can keep coming back. I know that every generation has it’s own set of hurdles to overcome, however the World is seemingly throwing bigger ones at us all the time. I commend you for sharing this as it shows me that not all community care workers are heartless. We need more people that care as obviously as you do. No doubt there will come a time when perhaps you may have to brace yourself more often that your used to; however the way in which you have thus far kept your weight loss diary, is more than testimonial enough, as to your ability to do so.

We Learn from moments like these as well as grow...Stay the course and when the storms calms you will feel so much more stronger the next time you hit the exercise and also a much deeper sense of peace.

I think you handled your day quite well Steph.Image
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:26 am

9:20am Chocolate optifast bar 217

1:30pm: Chocolate optifast bar 217
Monster lo carb drink 26

6:30pm 400g steamed vegies 114
Steak 170
Rice 170
Multigrain dinner roll 129
Apple 45
Orange 81

9:30pm two rows cadbury marble chocolate 270
Forme passionfruit yoghurt 72

Calories: 1511. Also walked for about 50 minutes.
Dave wrote:I really do feel for you steph. I did try my hand at disability care & I had many similar situations to the one you have described. It’s easy for others to tell you not to take those moments personally, especially for those whom have found there emotional off switch so that they can keep coming back. I know that every generation has it’s own set of hurdles to overcome, however the World is seemingly throwing bigger ones at us all the time. I commend you for sharing this as it shows me that not all community care workers are heartless. We need more people that care as obviously as you do. No doubt there will come a time when perhaps you may have to brace yourself more often that your used to; however the way in which you have thus far kept your weight loss diary, is more than testimonial enough, as to your ability to do so.

We Learn from moments like these as well as grow...Stay the course and when the storms calms you will feel so much more stronger the next time you hit the exercise and also a much deeper sense of peace.

I think you handled your day quite well Steph.Image

Thankyou so much for your very kind words Dave!
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 am

Breakfast: Weetbix hibran 143
Vanilla forme yoghurt 78
Coffee+xylitol+creamer 60

Snack: Fruit bar 168
Ham 23

Lunch: 2 slices burgen soy and linseed bread 198
Large can of tuna in springwater 139
100g low fat cottage cheese 88
Apple 45

Dinner: 500g steamed vegetables 155
Hoki fish 129
Oil 89
Mango frozen yoghurt 103

Snacks: Passionfruit forme yoghurt 72
Nestle diet vanilla yoghurt 74

Calories: 1564, swam for an hour and walked for 40 minutes :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 am

Prunes 119
Weetbix hibran 143
Yoghurt 76
Coffee 60
Rice crackers 110
Forest fruits bar 111
Salt and vinegar chips 221
Vegies 155
Orange 85
Lemon 20
Bread 198
Tuna 139
Cottage cheese 88
Olives 30
Mustard 31
Frozen yoghurt 103
Cheese 70
10 lindt chocolate 779

Calories: 2538, and walked for 87 minutes. :( Yes I binged. But I will eat lightly tomorrow then...
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:17 am

Breakfast: optifast cappuccino bar 238
Skim milk cappuccino 100
1/8 of a muffin 70

Snack: forme yoghurt 71

Lunch: 110g french sourdough bread 238
Cheese 140
Margarine 48
Vegemite 20
Orange 81

Dinner: 110g bread roll 239
130g bread roll 282
Honey 84
Peanut butter 123
Margarine 24
Mango frozen yoghurt 103

Calories: 1861, spent an hour on the exercise bike. I actually enjoyed the exercise on the exercise bike this time! I think because of the intensity I was doing it at (also the Rolling Stones I was playing!). My calories were a bit higher than I would like, but I went grocery shopping and got a six pack of fresh white rolls. It has been SO LONG since I've eaten white bread....I was just going to have the one roll with some nice toppings but I impulsively grabbed a second roll and gobbled it all up!

Also I didn't eat any vegetables yesterday which was a shame but what can i do now? lol. Will try and eat some today.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:25 am

Breakfast: 60g bran plus cereal 186
220g strawberry forme yoghurt 84
Coffee+xylitol+vanilla creamer 60

Snack: apple bar 126

Lunch: 110g white bread roll 239
Baked beans 194
2 pieces coon reduced fat cheese 140

Snack: 300g steamed vegetables 93

Dinner: chicken tonight lite creamy mushroom with vegetables 380
Small red apple 50
2 cruskits 56

Calories: 1608. Also walked for 65 minutes and spent an hour on the exercise bike. I'm still 80 kilos which is disappointing, and I've been this weight for 3 weeks now. :(
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:22 am

You'll get there Steph. Even if the scales aren't showing it, healthy living is still good for you.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby dragonfly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:37 pm

dont give up steph, I have had weeks like that, then suddenly a 2kilo loss almost overnight.
hang in there, keep going and the results will show soon!!!!

oooh and lindt chocolate.
I tel ya, u and me must be long lost twins LOL
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:53 am

Thankyou for the encouragement butterfly and Karin. Last month I had seemingly two kilos drop off in a couple of days so I think that's what is happening at the moment (at least I hope so lolol). I think I'm retaining fluid :D I've managed to find 3 and 5 packs of Lindt chocolate so I think that's a better option for me to buy the next time I've got a craving rather than a box!

Yesterday's intake:
Breakfast: 60g bran plus cereal 186
220g strawberry forme yoghurt 84
Mocha 63

Snack: locarb monster drink 26
Fruit bar 168

Lunch: Orange 100
Apple 54
White bread roll 260
Baked beans 184
2 pieces cheese 140
Carrot 41

Dinner: Sweet chilli chicken stirfry 518.

Calories: 1834, loads of exercise too. 83 minutes walking and 60 minutes on the exercise bike. I had a terrible time wanting to binge eat last night! Thinking about the 5 rows of cadbury chocolate I have leftover from a couple of weeks ago, the fruit bars, the frozen yoghurts, cruskits, rolls and margarine etc. It was awful. I'm pleased I didn't do any overeating. I was thinking about today because I have to work with this little girl who is disabled again. Fingers crossed she's ok because then I will be.

Also wanted to mention: I won a Bon Jovi ticket on ebay over the weekend, the seller didn't mention what kind of ticket it was so I assumed it was the worst. Well it arrived yesterday and it wasn't the cheapest $99 kind like I thought...its one of the $199 ones. I won it for $45! I feel a bit guilty to have gotten it for so little but I'm looking forward to the concert.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:36 am

Was really happy with how I went yesterday, both in terms of the healthy food I ate, the calories I consumed and the exercise I did :D

Breakfast: 60g Bran Plus Cereal 186
220g forme yoghurt 86

Lunch: Burgen bread 198
2 slices cheese 140
Cottage cheese 44
Ham 26
Lettuce, carrot, eggplant negligible cals
Apple 72
Monster locarb drink 26

Snack: 55

Dinner: 180g hoki fish fillet 119
Oil 71
500g vegetables 155
Mango frozen yoghurt 103

Snack: Lucky roasted almonds and yoghurt coated sultanas 160

Calories: 1441, also walked for 62 minutes and spent 45 minutes on the exercise bike. :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 am

Hi Steph,
Glad to here you enjoying that session with the rolling stones and the bike the other day. It's great to get a good sweat up...just knowing your strong enough to get on the bike and do that is really reward enough. I've posted some before and after pics to remind me of this fact. I have to look at the overall all picture now to keep going as it's not only just the physically draining, trying to rid the body of all that past abuse; but emotionally draining as one tries to logically calculate and fine tune the different methods that best fits for an easier outcome and one that's going to last with no more ups and downs.

Just keep that Desire that has gotten you so far, keep it real with respect to what your eating...be aware of the overall chemical constituent as often there are many underlying factors that tend to outweigh the common theme many hold to with respect to why it's OK to eat this or that...no doubt it comes down to exactly what your goals are, but my point is simply to see the foods you eat for what they are. When I eat something full of sweetener that was best left out of my plan...I do so knowing that my immediate exercise bouts will not unclog my cells after those workouts. For every bad food choice we tend to take 2 steps back & only one forward in our attempts to correct the issue on the bike or treadmill the following day. It's in this light that we should consider just how important food choices are over energy expenditure...particularly as we get older and are less able to put in the higher intensities required for such bad foods later in life.

STEPH.........I don't mean to indicate your doing these things at all.........I'm just trying to encourage you to look at the bigger picture as sometimes this helps regardless of weather we are struggling with those few kilos here and there...I'm also trying to remind myself of a few key issues as well. In some cases it may be better to be a few killo's heavier eating the right foods as opposed to eating foods high in additives that end up making you lighter...Heavy metals/allergies/cells clogging up & so on... Finding a balance that allows for enjoyment of life as well ... I guess it's the case of the Jolly Santa Vs the Old Wise Elf. As for those that boast about burning out like some short lived star...I can't see what's so bright about their hangovers, both alcohol or junk induced. By the time you add up their discomfort, they look more like crippled Santas in their fifties ready to shrivel up rather than going out with a bang :lol: Often such claims wind up in nursing homes with today's meds, add to this the fear of death keeping most clinging on!...(scare tactics...whatever works hey :wink: )

LOL...sorry Steph...wishing you the best of luck...heading back now :roll:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Yesterday's intake:
Breakfast: 60g bran plus 186
240g yoghurt 94
Mocha 63

Lunch: 198
Cheese 140
Cottage cheese 44
Ham 25
Apple 72

Snack: fruit bar 127

Dinner: mushroom risotto 384
Frozen yoghurt 103

Snack: doritos 232

Calories: 1568, can't remember how long I walked for (but at least 40 minutes) and spent 45 minutes on the exercise bike.

Dave wrote:Hi Steph,
Glad to here you enjoying that session with the rolling stones and the bike the other day. It's great to get a good sweat up...just knowing your strong enough to get on the bike and do that is really reward enough. I've posted some before and after pics to remind me of this fact. I have to look at the overall all picture now to keep going as it's not only just the physically draining, trying to rid the body of all that past abuse; but emotionally draining as one tries to logically calculate and fine tune the different methods that best fits for an easier outcome and one that's going to last with no more ups and downs.

Just keep that Desire that has gotten you so far, keep it real with respect to what your eating...be aware of the overall chemical constituent as often there are many underlying factors that tend to outweigh the common theme many hold to with respect to why it's OK to eat this or that...no doubt it comes down to exactly what your goals are, but my point is simply to see the foods you eat for what they are. When I eat something full of sweetener that was best left out of my plan...I do so knowing that my immediate exercise bouts will not unclog my cells after those workouts. For every bad food choice we tend to take 2 steps back & only one forward in our attempts to correct the issue on the bike or treadmill the following day. It's in this light that we should consider just how important food choices are over energy expenditure...particularly as we get older and are less able to put in the higher intensities required for such bad foods later in life.

STEPH.........I don't mean to indicate your doing these things at all.........I'm just trying to encourage you to look at the bigger picture as sometimes this helps regardless of weather we are struggling with those few kilos here and there...I'm also trying to remind myself of a few key issues as well. In some cases it may be better to be a few killo's heavier eating the right foods as opposed to eating foods high in additives that end up making you lighter...Heavy metals/allergies/cells clogging up & so on... Finding a balance that allows for enjoyment of life as well ... I guess it's the case of the Jolly Santa Vs the Old Wise Elf. As for those that boast about burning out like some short lived star...I can't see what's so bright about their hangovers, both alcohol or junk induced. By the time you add up their discomfort, they look more like crippled Santas in their fifties ready to shrivel up rather than going out with a bang :lol: Often such claims wind up in nursing homes with today's meds, add to this the fear of death keeping most clinging on!...(scare tactics...whatever works hey :wink: )

LOL...sorry Steph...wishing you the best of luck...heading back now :roll:

You have nothing to say sorry for, I appreciate your comments. With regards to additives etc, I agree with what you're saying. Health is really important and I know I have probaly lost years off my life already considering how I've eaten so much fatty food even without gallbladder which I had out at 16. I suppose what keeps me motivated is how I will feel physically once I've lost those kilos (LESS TIRED!) and also how I will feel after I've eaten healthily (fantastic). Thankyou for the encouragement and for sharing your thoughts :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:15 am

Yesterday's intake:
Breakfast: Prunes 119
Bran plus 186
Yoghurt 71

Snack: fruit bar 116

Lunch: Bread 198
Cheese 140
Cottage cheese 44
Ham 25
Apple 72

Snack: yoghurt 71

Dinner: went out for dinner so these are estimates-
Rib eye steak and vegetables 500
Apple pie and small scoop ice cream 500

Calories: 2042 and I walked for an hour.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Yesterday's intake:

Breakfast: Crispbread 45
Yoghurt 71
Bran plus cereal 186
Mocha 63

Lunch: 260g mushrooms 65
2 eggs 139
40g grated cheese 135
Olives 39
2 pieces bread 181
Mustard 16

Dinner: went out to dinner, at a sushi train. This is my estimate: 6 Prawns+oil 179
Sauce of some sort 50
3 pieces raw salmon with avocado+ rice 170

Then went to a gelato bar, I had one scoop of lychee sorbet on a waffle cone: 185 maybe

Snack: starving later that night, had one orange 100
And an apple 50

Total calories: 1718 and did ALOT of exercise! One hour on the exercise bike and walked for 90 minutes, so two and a half hours of exercise in total lol. I know its alot I guess that's why I'm going over my cals a bit because I'm so hungry...
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:56 pm

hi steph, hows it going, have you had the shift in the scales yet?
I had to wait a few days for mine, as I did overeat last week, but they have dropped again TG.
but the whole chemical thing, I would never have belived it until I did it myself, but its amazing with less censored in the mouth, the better you feel, and the fake sugars, fake additives, all may be low in calories, but ultimatley do the exact opposite, and actualy make you GAIN!!! also the whole eat more food thing, seems crazy, how can eating more, make you loose more, but it does. and when you feel hungry after doing exercise, you eat more, and thats being in tune with your body. starving is not fun, and cant be good long term. besides I like food now. i never used to like food. i love chocolate lol, but food never interested me. now I love textures and tastes, spices and herbs, and i love food :) and the more good stuff and good foods i put into my mouth the more I am loosing and the better I feel!!!

so yep, keep going, and I do belive we can undo some, maybe most? of the damage we have done. the body is an amazing thing, and sooo good at healing itself :)
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary