It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:41 am

Free Newsletter

Kates food diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Kates food diary

Postby kate28 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Going to start this up :)

Okay day I'd say, bit out of the usual seeing I was out with a friend from 10am till 4pm, we were at a shopping center so lots of temptation to resist (maccas, kfc, pasta, etc), she had pasta and I got subway, and couldn't resist a good old boost juice :)

Brunch: (didn't have enough time for breakfast before we left at 10 got to sit and eat at about 1130) 12" multigrain meatball with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and pineapple from subway.
Snacks: half a cucumber cut up to eat with a bit of hommus
Drinks: original tropical crush from boost juice, 350ml bottle of coke zero, and just over 1.5l of water.
Dinner: minced beef with some seasoning, salad and a bit of brown rice.

Not sure if I should be eating more but I've been pretty satisfied all day. Did 25 mins on the cycling bike in the garage going medium to fast pace, stopping for a minute to get my water bottle but other than that i was consistently cycling for 25 mins. Very proud of myself :) I'm not one for exercise and I'm just starting out :lol:
Plus I walked around the shop and supermarket for a bit, carried some fairly heavy groceries for about 10 mins. Hey, everything counts :mrgreen:

When I was in the supermarket my friend commented on how healthy everything I was getting was :) definitely stuck to the tip of staying outside the aisles of a supermarket and it'll help resist the temptation and stick to fairly healthy stuff.

But anyway it all comes down to that I'm fairly pleased with my day. Wouldn't mind sticking a bit more exercise into my days though so I'll plan for that tomorrow.

SW: 103.6 kg (started 8/11/10)
G1: 98 kg (achieved 13/12/10)
G2: 93.6 kg
GW: 75 kg (will reassess once I reach it)
kate28

Re: Kates food diary

Postby kate28 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Today I wasn't hungry at all, I don't know if I should be happy or upset, I guess a bit of both. Mostly because I couldn't/didn't want to force myself to eat so I didn't have very much during the day.

Breaky: bowl of porridge (cooked a serving size of one - never done that before usually I'd eat enough for 2 or 3)
Lunch: I brought a small greek salad, only managed to eat a about 3 spoonfuls.
Snack: 1 and a half mild twiggy sticks
Dinner: Mum wanted to go to the noodle bar for dinner so I got a serve of satay beef noodles, but I got it without the noodles :) very proud of myself, and it tasted just as good.
Drinks: Half a coffee with breakfast, and about 2.5Ls of water so far.

I didn't manage to do any exercise outside my normal work routine today. But work routine consists of walking 5 mins to the bus stop, walking up 8 flights of stairs (then down again obv :lol:), and walking around work for 4 hours (just slowly though). I would've liked to have done exercise but I didn't have anytime today. I will tomorrow :)

kate28

Postby kate28 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Have had a bit of problems since I last posted. Stomach problems are flaring up again and the meds I'm on are making me sleep for over 12 hours. However, received a call from a gym today (Contours and I'm going in for a trial Wednesday), even though I haven't felt up to exercising since I last posted, and I haven't been eating too much.

For example, yesterday:
Brunch: A wrap with roast beef, cucumber and a tiny bit of hommus.
Snack at work: 2 cocktail frankfurts
Dinner: Porridge
All my days have been similar to that. Not enough for my body, I know but I can't eat anymore at the moment. I've lost .5 a kilo in 5 days though.

kate28

Postby kate28 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:28 am

Been sucky at keeping this up to date
Quite proud of myself. Went to a birthday party tonight, was surrounded by all the foods I shouldn't be eating :( but I managed to resist temptation. Was so close to having pizza, cheesecake and rumballs :( wanted them so bad I could taste them lmao.

Breaky: 1 bowl of porridge (just a little over the recommended serving for 1)
Lunch: 2 sushi rolls, 1 avacado and crabmeat, 1 chicken.
Snack: 1 mild twiggy stick
Dinner: 2 chicken skewers, 2 seasoned bits of chicken and a side of salad.

I'm so happy with myself. No one probably reads this but just have to get it out - I am ecstatic with myself. I've lost a good amount of weight in the 2 weeks I've been on this diet. I'm prepared for it to slow down (which is good and bad, I don't want loose skin so slow is a plus but I can't wait to get this weight off me!) And I'm so happy with myself that I can resist the temptation. For me it's all about that moment when you're seeing it and wanting it. Then you end up eating something you should be eating and immediately feel good for resisting that temptation and making the right choice for you, yet regretting it because what you were tempted by would be so good and taste so good.
I've had some slip ups this week by going into my boredom eating. Although they were healthy choices and I didn't binge, it frustrates me because I know I'm not hungry, I'm just bored so I think I'm hungry. I'm falling into this right now. I'm bored so I'm tempted to go to the cupboard. Will be resisting this until I go to bed. I did so well with the temptation tonight, I should be strong enough to defeat eating from boredom (such a big part of the reason why I'm so big).
That's it for today!

kate28

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Did you manage to resist the lure of Boredom Eating?
CronicBadger

Postby kate28 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Ahh yes I did :)
Fighting the temptation now though :lol:
Hopefully I'll make it.

kate28

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:23 am

Congrats on your successes! You have every right to be chuffed with yourself!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Daily Food Diary