It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Free Newsletter

The Trials and Tribulations of My Poor Tummy.

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

The Trials and Tribulations of My Poor Tummy.

Postby hopefully » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 pm

So I've decided in order to keep myself honest I will not only keep a personal food journal but each night I will then copy my food from the journal to this thread. If there are a bunch of people waiting everyday to read what I've eaten that is a WHOLE lot of pressure to make sure it was something good.

My 'eating right' started today after a bit of a breakdown so my food today will be pretty bad. Tomorrow I plan on doing a big shop after work so that tomorrow nights post can be better!

26/01/2011

Breakfast:
1 x bowl of Kellogs "Just Right" cereal
1 x cup soy milk

Snack:
Probably 1 8th of a watermelon? how do you measure something like that? Should I get a kitchen scale?
10 or so rice crackers

Lunch:
Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich on turkish bread.
600ml can of V

Snack:
1 x 'mini serve' packet salt and vinegar chips :(!! [I did say my diet didnt start until today :( will be my last packet, though]
8-9 x strawberries

Dinner:
2 x sausages
1 cup peas and corn
1 cup broccoli
1 cup mashed potato
[all guesses there - will need to get a kitchen scale i think]

I've also had about 5 600ml bottles of water over the course of the day.. so hot here in Brisbane.

Wish me luck everyone!

xx. A.
//CW: 130kg
//FG: 120kg
//EG: 80kg
hopefully

Re: The Trials and Tribulations of My Poor Tummy.

Postby hopefully » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:08 am

First REAL day of eating properly and exercising yesterday and it wasn't TOO hard but there were definitely a few terrible moments in which I didn't know if I could trust myself.

I went shopping before work and got stuff for a salad and snacks, I think that's the first time I've ever eaten a 'home made' meal at work. I also used the stairs whenever I needed to go between my floor and reception, so my calves are killing me today but I'm really proud of myself.

27.01.2011 food

Breakfast
1 x bowl of Kellogs "Just Right: cereal
1 x cup soy milk

Snack:
1 8th watermelon
probably 10 grapes

Lunch:
Salad comprised of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green and red capsicum, beetroot and corn

skipped afternoon tea and was STARVING by the time I got home, never doing that again.

Dinner:
"Burgers"
- Vegetarian patty
- Lettuce, tomato, cheese, beetroot
- Soy+linseed bun

Was still hungry an hour or so after dinner so I had a LeRice. I know these arent really good for me but I still have 3 in the fridge so I'm going to use them as treats for having a good day [hopefully I'll have 3 more good days before they expire]

Exercise:
- Got off the bus early, probably about 25 minutes walking total.
- 4x up and down the stairs between reception and my office. I know it's not much, but I usually use the elevator so..

All in all, not a bad day.
xx. A.
hopefully

Postby hopefully » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Quite a stressful day at work yesterday. I'm a personal assistant so my days can go from wildly lazy and laid back to "OHMYGODWTF" in just a few moments. I'm quite proud of myself because - while I'm usually the kind of person who eats my feelings - I managed to stick to my guns throughout the day AND get a bit of incidental exercise in too.

28.01.2011 noms -

Breakfast:
Was in a rush to get to the bus so some diced watermelon

Morning tea:
Some leftover potato salad [I know, BAD! but I'm trying to get rid of the stuff in my pantry/fridge from pre-diet, I cant really afford to just throw good food out .. so just trying to eat in moderation]

Lunch:
Was in a conference for work so didn't have much of a choice but tried to stick to the healthiest option - lettuce, carrot, tomato, ham on a turkish bread bun
+ 2 cups orange juice

Afternoon tea:
Kellogs "just right" cereal.. I know I know, wrong time of day for that particular meal.

Dinner:
got home late so just threw together a quick salad, lettuce, tomato, carrot, celery, cucumber, beetroot and wrapped it up in some mountain bread

Exercise:
Got off the bus 1 stop early, about 25 mins walking [up hill! owch!]
7x up and down stairs at office setting up stuff for lunchtime conference. /flex!!

xx. A.
hopefully

Postby hopefully » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Breakfast:
Kellogs "just right"
1 cup milk

Lunch:
Ham, tomato, cheese & lettuce sandwich on wholegrain bread
1 x apple Le Rice

Afternoon tea:
1 box saltanas&dried apples
1 x apple
1 x coke zero

Dinner:
2 x chicken kebabs
1 cup corn
1 cup peas

Snack:
Snow Peas

I've been terrible about exercise today.. :( I'm feeling sick and mopey. I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I went for a quick walk (like 20 minutes) but nothing else. I guess it's a long road, and I can be happy I only partially fell off with a soda. Oh well.
hopefully

Postby hopefully » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:01 pm

Another low day today. I skipped work and laid in bed and hated myself. I didn't eat enough, but I didn't stray from the diet either. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

2 x slice wholegrain bread
2 x slice swiss cheese
half a tomato

3 boiled potatos with butter and parsley

2 x apple
dont even know how many grapes

Going to force myself to go for a walk in the morning and MUST go to work. Tomorrow is a new day.
hopefully

Return to Daily Food Diary