It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:21 am

Free Newsletter

Kitty Food!

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Kitty Food!

Postby KittyMul » Mon May 09, 2011 12:14 pm

Evidently, I've decided to start a food diary. I often don't eat enough, or I eat the wrong things, so I'm hoping this will be a way to spot nasty patterns and nip them in the bud. A bit about me - I'm a 24 year old girl (still very much a girl, the word woman gives me the heebie jeebies), I'm a student currently writing my honours thesis in politics, I'm on Duramine 30mg and my name is Kitty.

So, yesterday was a bad, bad day. I dread Mothers' Day because I have a useless mother. I went to see her in the afternoon, and it was predictably awful. Running late, I skipped breakfast which was my first mistake. I was guilted in to eating mud cake ("What, you're not going to have any of my special Mothers' Day cake? You've got to treat yourself...") and then Camembert and some walnut and prune log thing ("But I bought it specially for you because I know how much you love cheese!") AND then champagne ("Are you going to make me drink the whole bottle by myself then?"). Although I could have fought her, it was more effort than I could muster and everyone was given me those looks that said, 'Don't be selfish and ruin Mothers' Day, Kitty." So I caved. I was exhausted by the time I left and got home to a completely empty fridge and got Nando's for dinner. So the day was an epic diet fail.

B'fast:
NADA

Lunch:
1 piece of mudcake
4 lil slices of Camembert
2 flatbread, crackery things
2 slices of walnut and prune roll (I'm pretty sure that's what it was...)
1 glass of champagne

Dinner:
4 Nando's chicken tenderloins
1/2 a Nando's regular chips (I threw the other half away in disgust with myself)

And that was it. Zero nutritional value. Sunday's my rest day so no exercise. I ate breakfast this morning though, woooo! I'm about to go food shopping, so I'll pick up some healthy goodness and post tonight. Please, you're more than welcome to comment (or silently lurk if you prefer), I always appreciate advice and tips!

xx Kitty
SW: 121kg
CW: 96.4kg
GW: Less than I weigh now...
KittyMul

Re: Kitty Food!

Postby KittyMul » Tue May 10, 2011 5:21 pm

MONDAY 9th of May

Wasn't too bad a day overall, although I was unusually hungry... don't know what's going on there. I did break two new Run Keeper records though - Average Speed and Farthest Distance in a Month (already!). I had ankle surgery 'bout two months ago so I'm slowly getting back in to jogging, starting with one minute jogging, four walking. The ole legs are a wee bit sore today! I was ravenous when I got home though which is why "pre-dinner" happened.

B'fast:
2 pieces of oat bread
'Bout two teaspoons of nutella (my guilty indulgence)
Cup of tea

Lunch:
Chicken and cucumber sushi rolls (they were too mayo-y though, so half got binned)
Banana

Pre-dinner:
Palmful of peanuts
Glass of cranberry juice

Real Dinner:
Lil fillet steak
A roasted parsnip
Spritz or two of olive oil
Brownes black cherry yoghurt (the no fat, no added sugar one)

So that was it all up. Plus 3L of water over the day. I reeeeeally hope something shows on the scales this week, all this exercise would kill me if it was for nothing!
KittyMul

Postby KittyMul » Wed May 11, 2011 2:06 am

TUESDAY 10th May

Today was a good day! I looked up some toning exercises and found a really good set by Women's Health Magazine (7 'whole body' exercises). I really want to tone my arms and chest to try and help with the floppy skin situation that's arising. So, the aim is to do it twice a week, starting out with two sets of each, or as many as I can do with my fitness/equipment shortages. Food wise, here it is:

B'fast:
2 slices of oat toast
2 tsps of nutella

I really struggle for breakfast ideas, I'm not a morning person at all so simple, quick ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Lunch:
1 English muffin
1tbs hommus
Some cherry tomatoes
3 pieces of liquorice

Snack:
A pear

Dinner:
Vietnamese rice paper rolls with vermicelli, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, coriander, avocado and cashews. Yum yum!

It's bed time now and I'm quite hungry, so I might have a lil glass of milk before bed too. I replaced the batteries in my scales today so I might have a sneaky weigh in the morning... hopefully it bodes well for Friday :\
KittyMul

Postby KittyMul » Thu May 12, 2011 12:10 am

WEDNESDAY 11th May

B'fast:
Banana smoothie (half a tub of yoghurt, a banana and about 3/4 cup of skim milk)

Lunc:
Met my brother for lunch and had half a "Thai Princess" burger from Burger Edge - it was so disgusting, defs wouldn't recommend it. The veggie pattie was soggy and oily, hardly any salad and the bun was definitely not sour dough.

Snack:
3 pieces of liquorice
Cup of tea (rooibos tea with skim milk)

Dinner:
Palm full of peanuts
Steamed fish fillet
Cob of sweet corn
Tub of strawberry yoghurt (minus bits of soggy strawberry, blech!)

I'm about to have some more tea too :D

I'm still feeling gross from that burger! My brother is a major fast food addict so the alleged "healthy" burgers were our compromise. Never again (I WILL teach him to like Japanese!). My legs are so, so sore after my new toning regime yesterday, so I just took the dog for a gentle walk today to try and stretch them out. I went for 45 minutes, which is ok, but only averaged 3.5km/hour. Ah well! No pain, no gain, right?
KittyMul

Postby KittyMul » Fri May 13, 2011 1:43 am

THURSDAY 12th of May

'Nother day at it. I'm at uni all day on Thursdays so I don't usually have lunch but I take a few small snacks for when I get hungry. All that academic thinking really builds the appetite :P I went for another C25K session this afternoon - it wasn't on such flat ground this time though, so at some points I felt like I could run forever and others I thought I might die. Can't get over the difference the slightest incline makes! Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully all this work pays off one the scales tomorrow morning (if anyone is reading this, please cross your fingers for me!).

B'fast:
2 pieces of oat toast with nutella
Big cup of rooibos tea

Day time noms:
1/2 a skinny latte - Worst. Coffee. Ever.
30g of peanuts (I weighed them today!)
1 and 1/2 pieces of liquorice (I shared with my friend)

Dinner:
2 chicken tenderloins
Ginger and soy roasted carrots
Tub of Brownes black cherry yoghurt

On reflection, there's definitely not enough veg in there. I might start taking carrots and hummus to uni too. I need to get back in to the habit of always having a big salad in the fridge, but cold salad is so unsatisfying in the winter and warm salads don't often reheat well. Sucks.
KittyMul

Return to Daily Food Diary