It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:57 am

Free Newsletter

Brookes Food Diary!

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Brookes Food Diary!

Postby brookeemily » Sun May 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Hey everyone! Decided to start a food journal online to keep track of everything I eat.

In January 2009 I lost a total of 35kgs, I went from 98kgs to 63kgs and put on 16kgs in the last 1.5years making me 79kgs today :(

Ideally i want to get in shape again, loose some flab and get toned up.

All the calories are just estimates using Calorieking

Breakfast:
1/2 cup porridge with dried fruit - 145 cals
1 cup apple juice - 108 cals

Snack:
Small bowl of lettuce and shredded carrot with light french dressing - 30 cals

Lunch:
1/2 Chicken breast in mixed herbs and garlic - 140 cals
Steamed mixed vegetables, Peas, Corn & Carrot - 60 cals

Dinner:
Wholemeal pasta with chicken breast, vegetables and cooked in cream of chicken soup - 230 cals?

Water:
1.5 liters - I hate drinking water!

Exercise:
45min walk
brookeemily

Re: Brookes Food Diary!

Postby brookeemily » Tue May 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Yesterday! 16 May 2011

Breakfast -
Large Chocolate up & go - 270

Lunch -
Foot long Subway roll with grilled chicken, chedder cheese, honey mustard sauce and salad - 657 Cals
Can of coke - 108 cals

Snack -
Tuna sushi roll - 200 cals

Dinner -
1 baked chicken Breast - 180 cals
Mashed Potato - 140 cals
large portion steamed mix vegetables - 120 cals
500ml bottle of apple juice - 215Cal

Desert -
1 coles choc chip cookie - 81 cals
Hot Milo with full-cream milk - 180 cals

Water -
600mls

No exercise, did plenty of brisk walks around the city for work.

Today!

Breakfast -
Up & Go Chocolate - 270 cals

Snack -
Tuna sushi Roll - 200 cals

Lunch -
Hokka Hokka Noodle box with Prawns, vegetables and Oyster/Soy sauce - not sure, ill say about 300cals
Can of coke - 108 cals

Snack -
Tuna sushi Roll - 200 cals

Dinner -
Latina beef ravioli in tomato based sauce - 650 cals
Glass of breakfast juice - 96 cals

Water - 600mls

30mins brisk walking to meeting

Started taking various vitamins today too! Multi vitamin, Primrose oil, Skin Hair & Nails and Vitamin C.
brookeemily

Postby Metalcharm » Tue May 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi Brookeemily - congrats on making some healthy decisions!

Are you up for an observation?
I do wonder about how many calories you're drinking .. around 500 worth a day which I feel is really high and I wonder if you could cut that down somewhere?
Fruit is always better than fruit juice.
and, really, coke has no place in a healthy living plan :D

all the best!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby brookeemily » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:03 pm

So, iv neglected this a bit but since getting engaged and putting on a further 14kgs, its time to get back into it all.

Im devestated iv put on so much weight the past few years, and even more since meeting my fiance but i refuse to go down that aisle with flabby arms!

As at today...i'm 93kgs.

Breakfast -

Two slices wholemeal bread with an egg ontop and tiniest bit of tomato sauce - 380cals
Nescafe vanilla latte - 85cals

Lunch

Two wholemeal rolls with light cheese and deli ham - 565cals? seems a little high.

Dinner

Homemade green thai curry with light coconut cream, chicken, snow peas, broccoli, onion and carrot with steamed rice - 350cals, im assuming.

Exercise

20 minson treadmil at 3.5mph
Forgot to grab my towel, couldnt do any weights.

I really need to work on the exercise. I live literally a 5minute walk from the gym but find it so hard going!

I also eat...and eat but 5minutes later i'm starving. i feel empty in my stomach, what gives?
brookeemily

Postby brookeemily » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Breakfast

Two slices rasin toast with marg - 200cals
350ml Apple juice - 172

Lunch
Minstrone Soup - 230cals
wholemeal roll with tomato and onion tuna - 275

Dinner
Left over chicken curry, minus the chicken...was mostly rice and veg. 300cals?

Snack
Weak skim flat white - 60cals
Skim milk with milo - 150cals
Will probably have some wholemeal toast with peanut butter after the gym - 170cals

Gym
3.5 on treadmil for 30mins.

Will weight myself at the gym tonight to know exactly how much i am..argh
brookeemily

Postby Rhonda » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 pm

I love minestrone soup one of my favourites
Rhonda

Postby SydneyPT » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Going over on macronutrients, specifically carbs and fat, not enough protein, especially with last meal eaten.
Check out my Facebook page- Insanely Fit Personal Training
SydneyPT

Postby brookeemily » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:50 pm

So, Iv gone back off the rails hah.

I had abit of an injury monday night at the gym, I tried lifting 20kgs and did something to a muscle in my arm. Everytime i moved my arm i could feel it pulling on my shoulder and it was not a great feeling at all! The pains still there but better.

I went to the doctors tuesday about my arm and the doctor prescribed me duromine... :shock: We checked my weight and heigh (165cm 87kgs) and he decided i should try it for a month for a boost and see how it goes, Im still unsure.

Breakfast

Wholemeal toast with butter and peanut butter
large skim chai latte

Lunch
Assorted sushi - salmon and prawn sashimi and a cucumber and tuna roll.

Snack
Weak flat whtie with 1/2 sugar.

Dinner
3 slices home made ham and pineapple pizza with some baguette with garlic butter
Apple juice popper.

Didnt go to the gym tonight, or last night...Will try and get back into it tomorrow night.

Maybe im not eating enough? or not eating enough protein. My fiance is a shift worker so I find it hard eating 'proper' meals when hes not home.
brookeemily

Postby SydneyPT » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:17 pm

It sucks to be injured while working out, on the road to achieving your goal/s and I know it can put people down.

Don't listen to the Doctor and don't take Duromine. It is a temporary, short-term solution. Once you come off it, you will gain all the weight back, IF you don't fix your eating habits.

You can still do cardio while you wait for your arm to heal. Shouldn't be an excuse at all to completely stop exercising if you have already stopped.

Your diet is bad, considering your goals. Here is why.
Breakfast: Butter? Really? Then on top of that you put on peanut butter. How much? Butter and peanut butter both contain fats and will lead to weight gain.
Lunch: Again, what is the quantity? Yes, the proteins you mentioned are good, but you have to keep in mind that protein is a tradeoff between fats as well. So again, adding to the fat intake from breakfast.
Dinner: Pizza, baguette, apple juice (all containing carbs, amount depending on the portion size) and again with the butter. Yes, garlic has carbs in it too, and again add more to your daily fats consumed.
Snack: Coffee, with milk and 1/2 sugar. Again, carbs. Why not an artificial sweetener? Or even better, have you tried coffee without the sugar?

Not eating enough? Definitely eating enough and OVER AND you are having foods that people who are looking to lose weight are avoiding and should be avoiding.

And yes, you are not eating enough protein.

"Will try" is a negative. Don't tell yourself and others 'will try'. Just go to the gym tomorrow. Set your priorities straight. Do you want to lose body fat or not?

Fiance is a shift worker so you find it hard eating 'proper' meals. Do you cook? What do you mean by 'proper' meals? Why don't you make food in advance and put some aside considering you already know you are not having 'proper' meals. Again, this is another excuse.

Sorry if I sound like I am bashing you, but I need to say what must be done so you can take a step in the right direction. Tough love. You will hate my guts now but if what I have said in this post has made you change, then I have done my job. It is a hard journey and good luck.
Check out my Facebook page- Insanely Fit Personal Training
SydneyPT

Return to Daily Food Diary