It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Chubby bels food diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Chubby bels food diary

Postby ChubbyBel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Well, here i am again. I have recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure and im only 33, so it isnt good!! My doc says i have 6 months to lose weight or i may haveto go on blood pressure medication. So this is my motivation, no more stuffing around!

Im not doing any special diets, or even counting calories. Im just being sensible, eating balanced and cutting down on portion sizes.

I have a lot to lose! I am at 111.5 kg, and ideally would like to get down to 65kilos. I know this is going to take some time!!!!

So today i have eaten:

Breakfast - 3 slices of fruit toast with margarine

Mid morning - apple, pkt rice wheels

Lunch - sunbeam brown rice cup, banana

Arvo - pkt rice wheels

Dinner - spinach &pea omelette (two eggs) with a handful of homemade baked wedges & a bite or two of the kids pastry (oops)

And im about to attempt 40 minutes on the tready :-)
ChubbyBel

Re: Chubby bels food diary

Postby ChubbyBel » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:24 am

Well, I didnt end up getting on the tready last night. I was seriously pooped after the kids went to bed :/

But I weighed in at 110.7 this morning. So a loss of .8 since Monday. Happy with that. Hopefully next week I will be able to see 109 on the scales! One can only hope :)
ChubbyBel

Postby Tea85 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 am

Great work :) good luck with your weight loss! There is no better motivation then you health. I look forward to reading more :)

Tegan xx
Tea85

Postby ChubbyBel » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Hmmm. Didnt do as well as I had hoped today :-( And I am craving something sweet tonight! Be strong, be strong.

Breakfast - Porridge and blueberries

Mid Morning - Big berry muffin

Lunch - Stirfry Veggies with a tin of tuna and four bean mix

Arvo - Banana

Dinner - 2 low fat sausages with a handful of oven chips and loads of vegetables

I have also had a few squares of chocolate :oops:

Not sure even the calorie amount of today is, but even this is soooooooo much better than how I would normally eat!!
ChubbyBel

Postby ChubbyBel » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Forgot to add that I did 30 minutes on the tready today :P
ChubbyBel

Postby admin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 am

Great going. As long as you are eating better than before and improving everyday you are on the right path. Hope you are feeling a little mor energized. Just keep in mind not to miss out on calcium.....

Keep it up.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby matchbox » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:20 pm

best of luck!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby ChubbyBel » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks guys :-)

I went to dinner at a friend's place last night and went completely off track :-(

I really need to learn to stay on track and accountable under ALL circumstances!!!

Oh well, new day today. Still have 5 days to make up for it till weigh in day haha
ChubbyBel

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi ChubbyBel

Are you eating less than you need to maintain your body weight? I did a quick estimate of the food energy from one of your food entries. Hopefully it will provide you with some useful information:

"Breakfast - Porridge and blueberries"
50g plain porridge (no milk): 800Kj, 100g blueberries: 250Kj

"Mid Morning - Big berry muffin"
Berry muffin 100g: 1500Kj

"Lunch - Stirfry Veggies with a tin of tuna and four bean mix"
100g lean meat: 600Kj, cup veggies: 400Kj, sauce: 250Kj, sm tuna: 400Kj, 100g 4bmix: 400Kj

"Arvo - Banana"
150g Med banana: 350Kj

"Dinner - 2 low fat sausages with a handful of oven chips and loads of vegetables"
70g ssg: 400Kj, 100g srv chips: 600Kj, 2 cup veg: 800Kj

"I have also had a few squares of chocolate"
3 squares: 350 Kj

Total: 7100 Kj

Just a few thoughts:
Try low Glycemic Index foods, which may minimise sugar cravings.

If you're doing everything right and eating less than you need, then your body will eventually (and grudgingly!) start reducing its fat stores. The fat cells will take in water to replace the lipids and you may see no change, or there will be wild swings. Once your fat stores are reduced, the wild swings due to water weight and muscle buildup will not be able to hide it. You'll just have to grit your teeth and stick it out regardless of what the scales tell you (and they WILL lie!). So, don't give up if you hit problems. Just keep doing the right thing and over time it will work.
CronicBadger

Postby ChubbyBel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey there! Thanks for the great advice :)

Im aware that that wasnt the best of days lol, but compared to how I normally eat that was an amazing day! But even so, if I want to get ontop of this weight loss I need to do my very best

So today

Breakfast - Porridge sachet with a handful of blueberries

Mid Morning - Apple

Lunch - 2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms, tomato and some mixed veg (done with a small spray of olive oil)

Dinner - Stirfry veggies with some chicken breast and gravy

Snack - Greek yoghurt with a few blueberries

Also had a few bites through the day of things I prob shouldnt. I really need to get on top of not taking little bites here and there, cause the calories do add up. But overall I am happy with today
ChubbyBel

Postby ChubbyBel » Wed May 01, 2013 12:24 am

Ok i am back, and really need to lose this weight!! Ive lost a couple of kilos and put it back on. Not much has changed since i last updated here.

Today was good, then bad.

Breakfast -blueberries, mixed seeds and yoghurt

Lunch- tuna and bean salad

Dinner - vegetables and lentils

I also drank too much coffee and ate way too many homemade biscuits!!! I really need to stop baking its my biggest downfall. Im also going to get on my tready every night

Ill weigh in in the morn :-)
ChubbyBel

Postby ChubbyBel » Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 am

OK so I weighed in this morn, 114 kgs. Far out. I have a longggggg way to go
ChubbyBel

Postby admin » Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Well at least your back and willing to do something about it and not let it get too out of control.
Don't mentally stress too much as that can tip you over the edge so just have your plan, action it and keep your mind clear for positive good thoughts. Winter is coming so just make sure that your comfort food is good for you and not fatty comfort food. Make some casseroles and curries with loads of veges, freeze some and even soups are great as long as no cream.
Good luck!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Fri May 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Learn from the past...change your today...and tomorrow will be a better future! :D

Each step forward brings you closer to success. Believe in yourself.

I did it...and so can you. :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Daily Food Diary