It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:03 am

Free Newsletter

Shelley's Food and Exercise Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shelley's Food and Exercise Diary

Postby JP1 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:04 am

Good one Shelley, off out for my walk now too..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Blitz » Sun May 25, 2014 5:41 am

Sounds all good Shelley! :D

Mushrooms the bane of your existence?...I don't know...what's the world coming to? :wink:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Sun May 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Okay up date on good. Good calorie wise, I find weekends really hard so I'm happy I've kept my head.

Saturday:

Oats with raw sugar for breakfast, ran out of bananas again.! Lunch was cheese and tomato toasty, no butter or anything of that bad stuff, cup of strawberries. Dinner was weird as I was feeling a bit queasy so had an egg sandwich and some oven baked chips and tomato sauce. Then some air popped only pop corn and a Pepsi max (I know, bad!)

Today:

Oats again for brekky, cheese sandwich for lunch with a fruit cup and some popcorn. Dinner will be Thai green curry, hot choc and maybe some more popcorn to avoid bad snacking.

Then the weekend is done!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Sun May 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Ok meal plan. Weekends are always the difficult time. Routines go out the window easily and too much free time can lead to snack attacks!

The Pepsi - your conscience has spoken to you about that! :oops:

Careful with the cheese. A very small amount is alright but can blow you out the water if you aren't careful. What kind of cheese is it btw ?

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon May 26, 2014 8:29 am

Yes, I knew the Pepsi max was a bad idea from the get go, so no more of that!

As you say, weekends are difficult and this first one was especially hard. Saturday wasn't too bad because I was quite busy but Saturday night I wanted SNACKS so that's why I made the popcorn. As for the cheese, not something I have often, it was just the Coles light cheese slices. Something to be kept to an occasional weekend item I think. Overall I'm happy with how the weekend turned out. Sunday was a bit odd with food, I ate within calories but a bit higher than usual as I was trying to deal with solicitors and all of that again and could feel the urge to comfort it come on. If I'd had ANY really bad food in the house, I assure you I would have eaten it. That's how twisted my mental willpower can get :roll:

Anyway, avoided anything really bad, had some healthy snacks to avoid a really bad binge. And then I ended up with a bit of gastro anyway. Sheesh. I call this weekend a success but aim for an even bigger one next weekend ;)

Monday:

Breakfast -

1/2 cup oats
2 x teaspoons sugar (ran out of bananas again!)
1 cup skim milk
tea, skim, no sugar

Morning tea -

Lite n Easy peaches and pears fruit cup (trying to use up my Lite n Easy stuff before it goes off)

Lunch -

1 x can of salmon
1 x slice wholemeal toast
1 x green apple

Afternoon tea -

10 almonds

Dinner -

Thai green curry
Steamed veges

Jarrah hot chocolate (I will defeat this eventually!!)

Exercise -

44 minute walk (Weird number I know but that's how long my route takes :lol: )
45 minute aqua aerobics class
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon May 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Good going all up. Keep the good habits up and then the weekends will tame themselves before you.

I thought we had a deal about one sugar only on the oats if the bananas ran out? :wink:
Apart from that it looks all good. Even the Jarrah hot chocolate in this context isn't so harmful. :D

What I did was try to beat my walk time for my usual route. In that way I made sure that I was always pushing myself and not getting too relaxed. Sometimes I would smash the time...other times I was struggling to make the regular time. Eventually this obsession lead me to jog bits of the route until that wonderful night when I finally jogged the whole route!

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue May 27, 2014 8:17 am

Yes, I really do need to get a hang of that one sugar instead of two business, don't I? :lol: Thankfully I bought more bananas yesterday so today I'm prepared ;)

Yesterday was okay up until I left work and then because I wasn't feeling crash hot and my stomach was horrid, I ate REALLY badly :roll: Let's just leave it at that. It's done and dusted, I don't feel any better for it so time to move on and start afresh...

As for the walking, that's a great idea! I will start doing that from this afternoon, or at least I'll try, as I hit my little toe against the door frame last night and it's feeling quite sore this morning :P

I will keep managing things and avoid adding any NEW bad things to the table, I know what works so now I just have to keep it up!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 pm

I love bananas...developing a real thing for them at the moment. Can't image what I would do if I can't start the day with them in the cereal. Just hope the cheap prices at the shops hold up! :lol:

You've got the right idea about blow ups in food. It does no good whipping yourself over it. The only thing you do need to do though is figure avoidance strategies for next time. That way the experience isn't a waste...what you have learnt will give you another arrow in your quiver. :D

I'm glad that you like the walking idea. I believe it is silly little mind challenges of the like that made all the difference in my success in the exercise department. You should have seen me in the pool frantically splashing my way down the lane it get another extra lap in for the allotted hour's swim. A sharp contrast to the fat ladies and gentlemen who regularly walk leisurely up and down the pool chatting. I was walking laps when I started and looked very much like them but I pushed forward and didn't chat. They stayed the same...I progressed simply because I was always pushing myself further.

Kim
Blitz

Previous

Return to Daily Food Diary