It is currently Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:16 am

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Food Diary

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Thanks Sharelle :)

I never said your "diet sucks". Firstly, never use the word "diet" and secondly, neither do I use the word "sucks"(dreadful word...almost as bad as "diet"!). I did say that you can make more healthier choices.

Sorry, but I can't win. That is what i've been saying all along. I don't 'diet'. I add everything to my daily intake, just in portions. I believe in everything in moderation. And when I said 'diet', I meant my diet as in my 'daily food intake'. Don't be so hung up on what words people use.

I do understand that you have made changes in your food intake...my suggestions are designed to help you further those changes and save you the frustration of failure down the track.

You can't make ALL the changes at once. If you understand i've made changes, then encourage and support that.

Hey Karen, cakes, bread, what ever floats your boat I say you can have but not huge amounts. It is about reducing your habits and not eliminating them altogether. Blitz has had some great advice in the past ie, once you forbid something you crave it. I love pink doughnuts from Donut King, I love cream on my hot weet bix, I love cream on anything (funny though I hate ice cream), I love a wine many nights after work, I love cheese, any cheese, melted on anything! I have never said I am not to have these but I won't have them every day....they are my treat and I have them on occasions without feeling guilty as they are a treat. I counter act it by eating something healthy to balance out. I make sure I have veggies that night, a smoothie or fresh squeezed juice (I hate eating fruit) etc.

Wholeheartly agree. Which is why I eat the way I do. I was making a point of how much I have changed things this past week to Kim. I will continue to add the foods I love into my day. As long as it fits into my calories, i'm one happy girl and my body reacts well to that and loses the weight. It works for me. The main reason for writing this food diary is to prove to people that they don't have to make drastic changes to lose the weight. They can eat all the foods they love, just in moderation :)

This forum drifts people in and out. Sometimes it is quite and other times it is busy.....just one of those things - many people now a days do social media but I prefer forums as they are more private and you tend to have a common thread without the crap.

I just hope that it isn't going quiet again due to people not getting the support they need during the weight loss journey.

Hope you stay but understand if you leave, we only wish you all the best and you have done well, pat yourself on the back and have cake!

Thanks heaps! :D
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Please stay Karen,
you are a mum,a wife and have become a friend too me...I think you understand me and my struggles im being selfish but please stay.if somebody upsets you do what ive done and have nothing at all too do with the poster...you can go into foes and put there code name in and you wont see there posts,its not worth letting then upset you..i understand you doing it your way,im doing it my way also...my ways not right for everybody but its right for me...im off track with my eating atm but I know I will get back and get back into it and I know I need your help...

you are kind and sweet and the most important you are NICE.....

please please don't go,i want you around here....
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:32 pm

The point of my last post wasn't to say that diet is a dirty word but rather that I never said "your diet sucks" (the actual words were "when I am told that my diet sucks now") as you verballed me as saying.

As Sharelle has pointed out I'm a great advocate of all things in moderation. This idea of placing foods in bad and good lists is warped. But having said that there is such a thing as having too much of a good thing. That is why I speak in terms of making healthy and wise decisions. If you are trying to lose weight (the foremost goal of those on this Forum) then it is not helpful to your success blowing your points or daily calorie allowance on high calorie/low gut satisfaction food instead of food that will provide "gut satisfaction" (or as Tams put it well the other day...hearty food). To do so is setting yourself up for failure.

I am trying to encourage and support you even if you don't feel it or see it now. Here is a question for you to think about...why do I bother? Why do I continue to speak out and cajole you into right action? What's it matter to me how you act, believe or think about weight loss? If it is a power or ego trip my day job could satisfy that lust without coming here...the reason is simple - I've been in your shoes - I know what it is like to be overweight and I want to help you and others like you to have that better future that I know is possible.
In sport, the coach is often vilified as he pushes the team or the individual athlete to greatness. You are capable of so much more than you believe is possible and I'm try to rest you out of that place of complacency. Change isn't easy - life isn't easy...but in that struggle is the path to success. 8)

These series of posts started with my casual observation: "Karen, it will be very interesting to see how you go at your next weekly weigh in." and my reasoning why I believe it would be interesting - and a challenge for you to consider.
Clearly you see no problem...so let your next weigh in prove me totally wrong. I, believe it or not, would welcome that outcome! It gives me no pleasure to see you or anyone fail. So Karen have you got the passion to stick it out and prove me wrong? I hope so. If successful weight loss is about anything it is about having the passion to see it through and do whatever it takes to get that better future. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:53 am

I have decided to hang around for a little bit and try to show others that this can be done your own way and still lose weight.

Today is going to be my 'free night' instead of Saturday night as I felt it was too close to weigh in day today so I won't record my food diary today but i'll be back in tomorrow :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby admin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:14 pm

You go girl, that's the fighting spirit!
You do it how you want to do it, tell us about it and be proud.....
Look forward to reading your posts.
Have a great free day!
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:20 pm

That's the spirit...I like a bit of fire in the belly...you show that villain Blitz what you are made off!...hang on that villain is me! :shock: :lol:
Whatever it takes Karen...I can handle it - the main thing is that you are motivated and losing weight...and that's what I care about! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:09 am

That's the spirit...I like a bit of fire in the belly...you show that villain Blitz what you are made off!...hang on that villain is me! :shock: :lol:

:lol: Not a villain but you are hard work at times ;)

Back into it again today. 2 weetbix with 3/4 cup lite milk and banana for breakfast with a coffee.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Coffee for m/tea at a client's house. Lunch was a sweet potato cooked with 100gm of chicken mince. It was quite tasty and something different to have. I also had a coffee with lunch. A/tea was a pkt dip and crispbread and 2 coffees. It's so cold here today!! About to head out to the drs to get results from a x-ray my son had on his toe (he bent it backwards 3 weeks ago and it's still swollen and sore) and also results from my daughter's CT scan on her back. She's been complaining of back pain when she bounces on trampoline and plays sport. Hopefully they both come back clear. Dinner will be beef stir fry with teryaki sauce and hokkien noodles...mmmm. That will take me to a total of 1371 calories for the day :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 pm

you are doing a great job,doing a happy dance for you..... :D
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Thanks Nat :D
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:25 am

Cackleberry wrote: :lol: Not a villain but you are hard work at times ;)

Back into it again today. 2 weetbix with 3/4 cup lite milk and banana for breakfast with a coffee.

Funny...my wife says I'm hard work at times as well! :? :lol:

Good breakfast choice...try cutting up the banana and putting it on weetbix for that extra taste treat. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:51 am

Good breakfast choice...try cutting up the banana and putting it on weetbix for that extra taste treat. 8)

That's what I did - YUM!! :)

This morning, I woke up with a head cold thanks to my 2nd son :( Feeling a little miserable but off to work I go. At least I only have 2 smal jobs today. My son's x-ray showed that he did indeed fracture his toe. He does complain about so many things though, so it's so hard to tell when it's something or not. Not much you can do for a fractured toe though, just rest and strap it together with the other toe. He had district athletics coming up which he will have to miss.

Breakfast this morning consisted of 2 slices of vegemite toast and a coffee. I also had a small glass of apple juice to have my cold tablets with, for some reason it's harder to take the tablets with just water - blergh!
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:52 pm

M/tea was 10 almonds and a cup of chai tea (1 sugar). Lunch was mushroom, tomato and one egg on 1 slice of toast. Calories are up to 756 so far with 584 leftover for a snack this afternoon and dinner.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Cackleberry wrote:M/tea was 10 almonds and a cup of chai tea (1 sugar). Lunch was mushroom, tomato and one egg on 1 slice of toast. Calories are up to 756 so far with 584 leftover for a snack this afternoon and dinner.

How many calories was that for lunch???
Only asking because I had that "quick" lunch snack of corn thins, cheese and tomato, and all under 200 cals which is great because I like "leftover calories" it means I can sneak in a "treat"!!! :lol:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary