It is currently Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:16 am

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Food Diary

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Lunch was 270 calories.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Cackleberry wrote:Lunch was 270 calories.

Oh so not that much more; that's pretty good!!! :D

You know I thought I was being really clever the other day, decided to buy myself a "low carb, gluten free chocolate bar" and was so chuffed thinking I could have a choccie treat guilt-free and that it'd be low in calories....SO WRONG!!!! :oops: The 50g bar of LC,GF pretty yucky tasting chocolate I might add, was 350 calories!!! :shock: and was horrified to learn that I could've had a 42g 4 finger Kit Kat for less than 250 calories which would have tasted a whole lot nicer!!! Not happy!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:45 pm

You know I thought I was being really clever the other day, decided to buy myself a "low carb, gluten free chocolate bar" and was so chuffed thinking I could have a choccie treat guilt-free and that it'd be low in calories....SO WRONG!!!! :oops: The 50g bar of LC,GF pretty yucky tasting chocolate I might add, was 350 calories!!! :shock: and was horrified to learn that I could've had a 42g 4 finger Kit Kat for less than 250 calories which would have tasted a whole lot nicer!!! Not happy!!! :cry:

Haha, yes i've done similar before. I try to enter it in before I have it now, but it's not always possible.

A/tea I had a dip and crispbread and dinner was a lazy one tonight as i'm not well :( Chicken burger on multigrain bread with mayonnaise and baby spinach. Total calories for the day is 1247.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:39 am

They are out to get you...those food guys are a tricky lot.
You've got to read the fine print on the packets to get the real skinny on them...and I do mean fine print!...these poor old eyes of mine struggle!
A mantra I have that has steered me out of a lot of trouble...when in doubt - leave it out!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:26 am

A mantra I have that has steered me out of a lot of trouble...when in doubt - leave it out!

That is fast becoming my mantra now too! :)

I ended up having a lemon and honey hot drink before bed last night which took me to spot on my calories for the day - 1340 :) Couldn't believe how exact it was!

I feel really horrible this morning :( But off to work I must go. Busy day today too. Breakfast was 2 weetbix with lite milk and a banana, with a coffee (only half as I can't stomach coffee at the moment - I know weird for me right?). For lunch I am bringing a tomato, baby spinach, cheese and mayo sandwich and an apple.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:26 pm

I made it through the day!! Felt so sick last night and was so close to calling in sick today but I got through it!! :D Now nothing at all planned for the weekend...woohoo!!

For m/tea I ended up having a honey and lemon drink and strawberry yoghurt muesli bar. I had my sandwich and apple for lunch. At a client's home, I had a banana shake made with goat's milk...quite tasty. When I got home this afternoon, I had a small pkt of light and tangy chips and a coffee. For dinner, we are having chicken risotto. All up my total for today is 1330. Very happy with that. I was also given some cooked chicken drumsticks to take home from a client this afternoon, but I have put them aside for my son to take to work tonight. Normally, I would have eaten them myself :oops:
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:56 pm

http://food.ninemsn.com.au/recipes/ichi ... an-risotto

This is what I had for dinner...nomnomnom...very filling too!
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:22 am

Get plenty of rest and keep those liquids up...try beating down that sickness before it gets a real hold of you!
It got a real hold of me...and it took me ages to kick it to the kerb.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 am

Cackleberry wrote:http://food.ninemsn.com.au/recipes/ichicken/8338568/chicken-and-parmesan-risotto

This is what I had for dinner...nomnomnom...very filling too!

Yes that does look YUMMMMMMMY, and once upon a time I'd have eaten the full serves on my own!!! :shock: :oops:
Sure it may not be the lightest food choice, but the saving grace would be that by the time you divide it up amongst your brood Karen, you've only managed to down a fraction of the total calorie content!!! Not sure if that's entire a good thing?? Well it I guess it could be, but sad (i.e. leaves you wanting more) at the same time!! :?
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:02 am

Get plenty of rest and keep those liquids up...try beating down that sickness before it gets a real hold of you!
It got a real hold of me...and it took me ages to kick it to the kerb.

Thanks Kim, I plan to do just that this weekend :)

Yes that does look YUMMMMMMMY, and once upon a time I'd have eaten the full serves on my own!!! :shock: :oops:
Sure it may not be the lightest food choice, but the saving grace would be that by the time you divide it up amongst your brood Karen, you've only managed to down a fraction of the total calorie content!!! Not sure if that's entire a good thing?? Well it I guess it could be, but sad (i.e. leaves you wanting more) at the same time!! :?

You're right, divided between us all, I started to wonder if we were all going to have enough! But it was just the right amount and so filling. I tweaked it a little. We didn't have much parmasan cheese, so it only got a little sprinkle of dry grated parmasan. I also added baby spinach to it :)

Today i'm going to try and be extra good. I think the meal last night was a little heavy. I just had 50gm of tradional muesli with 1/4 cup lite milk and a coffee. Lunch is going to be chicken and corn soup with one slice of toast (no butter). Dinner tonight is take out for the family, but i'll be having a grilled piece of fish with crunchy salad (from Woolies). I would love to get a walk in somewhere, but I will see how I feel.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 am

Cackleberry wrote: You're right, divided between us all, I started to wonder if we were all going to have enough! But it was just the right amount and so filling. I tweaked it a little. We didn't have much parmasan cheese, so it only got a little sprinkle of dry grated parmasan. I also added baby spinach to it :)

Today i'm going to try and be extra good. I think the meal last night was a little heavy. I just had 50gm of tradional muesli with 1/4 cup lite milk and a coffee. Lunch is going to be chicken and corn soup with one slice of toast (no butter). Dinner tonight is take out for the family, but i'll be having a grilled piece of fish with crunchy salad (from Woolies). I would love to get a walk in somewhere, but I will see how I feel.

Well done Karen!!!! :D That's the spirit, taking an everyday recipe and being innovative enough to tweak so that it leans (no pun intended) towards the healthier end of the spectrum!! And, even if it doesn't, the fact that you had to SHARE it with a few mouths makes less of it to go in yours (boo!!!) :cry: is a blessing in disguise!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:47 am

Re the 'gluten free' nasty surprise...yeah. I can't eat wheat (due to the fructans, not the gluten), so gluten free is recommended for us. But I try not to even go there, and just cook from scratch with carbs I can eat. The same of ANY processed food is true - they will put something horrid in it to shave costs and keep it tasting ok to the consumer. Gluten free goods are notorious for adding moisture (without gluten it is not moist) by adding really really bad fats (palm oil aka trans fats - these are super cheap). So they are not at all healthy. You are far better off just eating a chocolate bar. Even if the chocolate bar and the gluten free variety had exactly the same calories, the gluten free bar will do more damage and make you fatter (if it has palm oil in it). Not all calories are equal - if you eat trans fats, you are getting a fat injection that the body finds extremely hard to metabolise, so it stores it, plus it does all sorts of nasty chemical things to your body aside from the laying down of more fat.

Here are some other nasties to watch out for:

- 407 or carageenan in any 'lowfat' things you buy (often dairy). It is often added to make it feel 'creamy'. It is banned in Europe, because it is linked to bowel ulceration and bowel cancer. We are too lax with our food controls here.

- 'LOW FAT' again, often in the dairy section, can mean that they pack it full of sugar to keep the 'taste' value up for consumers. Look at your yoghurts! It is better to buy a full fat natural yoghurt (without 407), as the fat in the milk promotes satiety and stops you from needing as much sugar - and then add your topping. Just one teaspoon of sugar goes a long long way, and maybe some fruit, and you have a far healthier, and stable weight promoting yummy thing to eat.

-HFCS (high fructose corn syrup). Tastes even sweeter than normal cane sugar and messes severely with the body, promoting (amongst health problems) weight gain and obesity. This is a sugar that has been created by humans for economic reasons- just avoid fake sugars and you'll be much healthier, and much skinnier! (That's right, eat real sugar for better weight management!)

That's all for now...hope it was interesting.
Tams

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Tams wrote:Re the 'gluten free' nasty surprise...yeah. I can't eat wheat (due to the fructans, not the gluten), so gluten free is recommended for us. But I try not to even go there, and just cook from scratch with carbs I can eat. The same of ANY processed food is true - they will put something horrid in it to shave costs and keep it tasting ok to the consumer. Gluten free goods are notorious for adding moisture (without gluten it is not moist) by adding really really bad fats (palm oil aka trans fats - these are super cheap). So they are not at all healthy. You are far better off just eating a chocolate bar. Even if the chocolate bar and the gluten free variety had exactly the same calories, the gluten free bar will do more damage and make you fatter (if it has palm oil in it). Not all calories are equal - if you eat trans fats, you are getting a fat injection that the body finds extremely hard to metabolise, so it stores it, plus it does all sorts of nasty chemical things to your body aside from the laying down of more fat.

Here are some other nasties to watch out for:

- 407 or carageenan in any 'lowfat' things you buy (often dairy). It is often added to make it feel 'creamy'. It is banned in Europe, because it is linked to bowel ulceration and bowel cancer. We are too lax with our food controls here.

- 'LOW FAT' again, often in the dairy section, can mean that they pack it full of sugar to keep the 'taste' value up for consumers. Look at your yoghurts! It is better to buy a full fat natural yoghurt (without 407), as the fat in the milk promotes satiety and stops you from needing as much sugar - and then add your topping. Just one teaspoon of sugar goes a long long way, and maybe some fruit, and you have a far healthier, and stable weight promoting yummy thing to eat.

-HFCS (high fructose corn syrup). Tastes even sweeter than normal cane sugar and messes severely with the body, promoting (amongst health problems) weight gain and obesity. This is a sugar that has been created by humans for economic reasons- just avoid fake sugars and you'll be much healthier, and much skinnier! (That's right, eat real sugar for better weight management!)

That's all for now...hope it was interesting.

Yes it is interesting, and although I'm aware of it, it's always good to be reminded of this...so thanks Tams! :)

Actually, the reason I opted for the Gluten Free (GF) choccie was because it was "sugar free" more than Low Carb (LC) I just didn't realise it was not as low in calories as a full sugared chocolate bar!!! :shock: Would have enjoyed a full fat, high sugar Kit Kat ten times over!!! :roll:

I generally steer clear of anything GF, LC (low carb) because I know that they are generally loaded with other things that I really (a) can do without, and more importantly (b) don't want to be paying a king's ransom in price for!!! All those GF or LC things are on par with the "low fat" items in that they are usually twice the price of their full fat counterparts!!! :evil:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Yes it is interesting, and although I'm aware of it, it's always good to be reminded of this...so thanks Tams! :)

Same :) But yes, thanks for posting! It is very interesting. I too try to steer away from low fat, low carb etc etc. I like to eat what I feel like (as you can tell by my food diary :oops: ) but do feel that is the way I will keep the weight off this time around.

Lunch ended up being vegetable soup instead of chicken and corn as the boys stole them before it was even lunch time :lol: Ah well...vegetable soup was really yum. We only have white bread in the freezer (bought in an emergency when the shops were out of multigrain....they always run out of that first!!). So I opted to have no toast with my soup. I am now feeling full and satisfied :D I actually really love soup. Should really make my own...
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:20 pm

I like to eat what I feel like (as you can tell by my food diary :oops: ) but do feel that is the way I will keep the weight off this time around.

In saying that though, I am learning day by day that there are tasty healthy options out there. It doesn't have to consist of eating lettuce and carrot sticks each day. There are really so many options of food choices out there, you just have to look.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary