It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Food Diary

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Cackleberry wrote:Does sound good :) Apart from the fact that I have no tasty cheese corn thins in the house and I can't be bothered going out :oops: 8)

Next time. :D
I make a point of keeping them in stock!!! Mostly because they go with everything; soup, quickie lunch (as I described in another post) or if this polly (me) just needs a cracker without going crackers herself!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Guess what I went out and bought?........ some tasty cheese corn thins and laughing cow triangles (actually I lie...happy cow triangles were much same calories and cheaper 8) ). I had 2 corn thins with 1 triangle when I got and YUMMO!! :D

Sooo, I skipped the apple and had them instead. I have added dinner in which will be spag bol - pork mince with pasta sauce and 1 cup of pasta. Total cals for the day is 1315 which is over my 1200 I wanted to get to, but I went for a 30 min walk and have decided to count that, so with the walk i'm up to 1217 cals.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Cackleberry wrote:Guess what I went out and bought?........ some tasty cheese corn thins and laughing cow triangles (actually I lie...happy cow triangles were much same calories and cheaper 8) ). I had 2 corn thins with 1 triangle when I got and YUMMO!! :D

Sooo, I skipped the apple and had them instead. I have added dinner in which will be spag bol - pork mince with pasta sauce and 1 cup of pasta. Total cals for the day is 1315 which is over my 1200 I wanted to get to, but I went for a 30 min walk and have decided to count that, so with the walk i'm up to 1217 cals.

Hahahaha....so glad you enjoyed them; they are really cheesy, and oh sooooooooooo yummy!! And the great thing about them is they're fantastic with soup (and much lighter than say a slice of bread with butter).

Well done on the walk too; you're ticking all the right boxes there Karen, and I'm sure your efforts will show on the scales come Tuesday!! But whatever you do, don't stress, that won't help and why put yourself through it unnecessarily (as I'm sure you'll be just fine, and you'll see the worry was in vain)!!! :wink:

Keep up the good work!!! :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:08 am

DD Diva wrote:Aside from that, you may have gone up for a million reasons, fluid retention, muscle build up (highly probably given all the walking you've been doing) or your body just needs to keep a little in reserve for a day or so until it processes it properly. Don't worry....

If you weighed yourself either straight after, or the next morning following a heavier meal, you're bound to see an increase. But take heart, it is temporary and most probably fluid. It will come off BEFORE your weigh in day, if you don't let it upset you and affect what you do for the next couple of days!! Really, don't let it get you down, you've been doing a great job, and you'll get through this little glitch (which you'd have been blissfully ignorant of had you not taken a sneak peek)!!! :shock:

You'll be fine!!! :wink:

I concur with all the above from Josie. No number should be taken in isolation. That is why if you weigh yourself daily you should always develop a long term view of it - and a thick hide (as I do)! :shock: 8)

Hey Josie - I'm curious about your calorie counting routine (promise not to shoot ya down)...as it is something I've never done (much too hard work for this lazy guy :wink: )...do you record it each day? Do you have a weekly average target? Do you you strictly count it or can you "judge it in your head"? Share your secret methods with the Forum. Calorie counters of the internet want to know! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:55 am

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:Hey Josie - I'm curious about your calorie counting routine (promise not to shoot ya down)...as it is something I've never done (much too hard work for this lazy guy :wink: )...do you record it each day? Do you have a weekly average target? Do you you strictly count it or can you "judge it in your head"? Share your secret methods with the Forum. Calorie counters of the internet want to know! :lol: :wink:

Kim

It's cool Kim, I don't mind if people take a swipe, as long as they are man (or woman) enough to do it directly and not post snide "passive aggressive" (and childish) comments masked as fairy dust "I'm so nice" pretence!!! :roll:

I count (and record) my calories everyday and enter them into my phone app MyFitnessPal (fantastic app by the way, as is Calorie King!) I use it to record my exercise activity as well, it calculates that too!! :D

I alternate the days between "high" and "low" or whatever title you want to give them. The lows are approx. 400 the highs (min. 1200; max. 2400 though I RARELY get to 2400; it's just too much food for me these days and I am physically ill) :shock:

Most days (mainly the "low" days) I count religiously so that I stay within the set limit. On the "not-so-low" days, I used to count them religiously once but then (being a creature of habit, and with the tendency to eat the same things often) I "guesstimate" the calories based on the portion size (which is pretty much as you do by looking at it). The beauty of the app is that if I plan (and there's another key) a particular meal that I've had before, I can just copy it from my "saved meals" or just select it and copy it to the day that I plan to have it (no working out etc; it's already done)!! Too easy.... :wink:

By mixing up the caloric intake it "keeps the body guessing" and minimises the possibility of it holding on because it doesn't know what you're doing, and as such is reluctant to have it's survival mechanism kick in because it thinks you're starving it. :oops:

You have to be very discipline especially on the "low" days; they are tough going!!! :cry: But as you get through a few, you get used to it. To begin with I wouldn't recommend it for someone who isn't good without a lot of food, maybe start with a low day once a week and a more conventional 1200 calories the rest of the days and work on that until you can manage a bit less. Mix it up, doesn't have to be one low, one high (that's just my preference, and I too also mix it up at times if the occasion calls for it).

But whatever you do......PLAN PLAN PLAN don't (if you can possibly avoid it) not have some idea of what you intend to have for the day. Sure there'll be times when you "wing it" and have the extra piece of fruit etc, but if you map things out, it helps keep you in check which is very important at the start of this regime!!!

Hope that helps, and happy to answer any questions!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:01 am

That is why if you weigh yourself daily you should always develop a long term view of it - and a thick hide (as I do)! :shock: 8)

My weight fluctuates so much during the week at the moment, it does get me down, so best thing for me is weekly weigh in. Definitely not having that peek during the week anymore! Weight was down again this, by a huge amount, so i'm no longer worried about tomorrow's weigh in. I should have just saved myself the worry and waited until tomorrow :? 8)

You're doing well Josie, keep up the great work! :D Thanks for explaining what you do so it helps us to support you too :)

I ended up getting to a total of 1391 cals yesterday (1293 minus the walk I did). So i'm happy to stick to something like that again next week.

This morning's breakfast was 2 slices of toast (helgas) with lemon curd and a coffee. Lunch I think will be leftover crunchy salad (from woolies). I am definitely going for another 30 min walk again today. Felt great doing it yesterday.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:03 am

im unsure if your like me or not,but being a busy mum wife and woman I think I should go for a walk,and some times cant be bothered..
BUT
as soon as ive done the walk I always really enjoy it..

keep it going your doing great work every time you put your joggers on and go for that walk..:-)
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:14 am

im unsure if your like me or not,but being a busy mum wife and woman I think I should go for a walk,and some times cant be bothered..
BUT
as soon as ive done the walk I always really enjoy it..

I am EXACTLY like that! :lol:
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Lunch was crunchy salad (woolworthes) - 1/2 pkt (229 cal). A/tea has been a couple of coffees, 5 pitted dates and a dip and crispbread (297 cal). I have also gone for a 40 min walk :) Dinner is going to be crumbed fish (frozen) with chips cooked in our tefal machine (no oil) and mixed veg. 4 glasses of water down so far. With dinner included, total calories are 1330 for the day. My walk was 130 calories burnt.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:56 pm

water and walking ive got too get back into both of them,got too move and groove ...

the cold weather sure isn't calling either of them too me atm,cant wait till nicer weather,but however I did do my house work and I must say im warm from that so something happened..my day has gone with a click of my fingers,and looking forward too what tomorrow brings...

keep up the good work Karen...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Cackleberry wrote: You're doing well Josie, keep up the great work! :D Thanks for explaining what you do so it helps us to support you too :)

I ended up getting to a total of 1391 cals yesterday (1293 minus the walk I did). So i'm happy to stick to something like that again next week.

This morning's breakfast was 2 slices of toast (helgas) with lemon curd and a coffee. Lunch I think will be leftover crunchy salad (from woolies). I am definitely going for another 30 min walk again today. Felt great doing it yesterday.

Kim's right Karen,
You do have to have develop a thick skin to endure the stress that daily scale hopping brings with it!! :shock:
It's a funny thing the human body, it fluctuates from one moment to the next, and the only thing you can do to stay sane, as you've rightly pointed out is to "not having a sneaky peek" though I confess, it's hard not to look, and sometimes (like you) I wish I hadn't!!!

Thank you Karen,
Though it's been a fairly smooth ride that I hardly feel I've done much to deserve the pats on the back. I'm really not doing anything different to anyone else counting calories, except maybe mixing it up a little, and going to extremes every second day or so (depending on how I feel). Basically I'm just doing what you're doing except my totals aren't as constant as yours!! Either way, I wish I had known about this years ago, I'd have been thinner, healthier and happier without being on the weigh-loss-weight-gain roller coaster for all those years!!! :roll: I'm grateful to the scientists I work with, and their collaboration with the man who brought this regime to the light of day!!! No more eating like a bird, or being afraid to feast like a vulture, with the right checks and balances, you can have your cake (or whatever takes your fancy) and eat it too!!! :wink: :lol:

GOOD ON YOU Karen, your commitment to at least 30 minutes a day is very commendable. It's that kind of dedication that'll help you clock up the miles and shake of the kilos!!! And it won't matter what the scales say if you DO take a peek, any upward shift will soon be a drastic downward plummet (as you've seen this morning) to counteract it!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks girls :)

I am about to have a Jarrah White Chocolatte 60 calories (yum) which will bring the end result for today to 1398 calories (1268 calories if you minus the 40 min walk I did). Bring on tomorrow's weigh in!!
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Cackleberry wrote: I am about to have a Jarrah White Chocolatte 60 calories (yum) which will bring the end result for today to 1398 calories (1268 calories if you minus the 40 min walk I did). Bring on tomorrow's weigh in!!

I'm not going to wish you luck Karen, you don't need it. :roll: I'm confident that all that worrying you did yesterday was in vain. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, after all, you've probably got the blisters to prove it right???!!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Interesting post Josie about your calorie management. You do with food intake what I do with exercise when I was losing weight. Varying the degrees of intensity. High and low days - mixing it up to keep that metabolism on it's toes! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Blitz wrote:Interesting post Josie about your calorie management. You do with food intake what I do with exercise when I was losing weight. Varying the degrees of intensity. High and low days - mixing it up to keep that metabolism on it's toes! 8)

Kim

The difference between the varying of food intake and that of exercise has the same effect on the body!!!
If you eat a certain way, your body will get accustom to it, as it does with the level of exercise BUT regardless of what it is, you have to use both strategies and push hard, managing that what you put out is greater than what you put inside your body to get maximum benefit!!! :wink:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary