It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Food Diary

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 pm

It makes sense to me. I know that mixing my food intake up in the past (ie having a porterhouse steak) though should be "bad" usually with the right timing shows up well on the scales in the days after.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Blitz wrote:It makes sense to me. I know that mixing my food intake up in the past (ie having a porterhouse steak) though should be "bad" usually with the right timing shows up well on the scales in the days after.

Kim

Hey, that happens to my husband too!!!
He swears that having a steak gives him a better result on the scales (though I can't figure how???) and okay, he doesn't indulge in a steak often but when he does, he loses heaps the next morning!!!
I wish I could, but nope...just can't bring myself to eating a big thick slab of meat, ESPECIALLY (as he has it) pink and bleeding on the plate!!! Ewwww !!! :shock:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:49 am

DD Diva wrote:Hey, that happens to my husband too!!!
He swears that having a steak gives him a better result on the scales (though I can't figure how???) and okay, he doesn't indulge in a steak often but when he does, he loses heaps the next morning!!!
I wish I could, but nope...just can't bring myself to eating a big thick slab of meat, ESPECIALLY (as he has it) pink and bleeding on the plate!!! Ewwww !!! :shock:

For me it is a good protein boost at the right time. I don't have it often either but usually have it when I've been very active. So the body is really ready to grab it when it is on offer. My portion size is modest...gone are the days when I could eat a whole cow and still be up for more. I too like it rare (blue)...or as I tell it to the waiter at a restaurant "show it the flame and bring it back before it gets lonely!" :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 am

I'll be back tomorrow as today is my day off 8)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 am

What I am going to start to do each week is show the amount of calories i've had daily and the total calories for the week which allowed me to lose what i've lost for that week.

This week I lost 900gms. This is what I did....

Tues Weigh In Day (Day Off)
Weds 1371 cals
Thurs 1340 cals
Fri 1330 cals
Sat 1300 cals
Sun 1391 cals (-98 cals 30 min walk)
Mon 1398 cals (-130 cals 40 min walk)

Weekly total - 8130 cals Total Exercise - 228 cals
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

Cackleberry wrote:What I am going to start to do each week is show the amount of calories i've had daily and the total calories for the week which allowed me to lose what i've lost for that week.

This week I lost 900gms. This is what I did....

Tues Weigh In Day (Day Off)
Weds 1371 cals
Thurs 1340 cals
Fri 1330 cals
Sat 1300 cals
Sun 1391 cals (-98 cals 30 min walk)
Mon 1398 cals (-130 cals 40 min walk)

Weekly total - 8130 cals Total Exercise - 228 cals

It's that small fluctuation in calories that will have helped contribute to the loss. Mixing it up have significant advantage, and benefits to not only your progress but in realigning the metabolism. The greater the mix the higher the loss!! Well done again Karen, you're starting to "get it" that is, the science or the mathematics of caloric value!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:41 am

When I lost the weight with WW, it used to make sense to me. I used to add up my weekly total of points had, some days were worse than others, but it would average out. I could calculate how much I was going to lose each week. I hate math normally, but do love the math that is involved in energy in vs energy out. I love when it makes sense :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:47 am

Cackleberry wrote:When I lost the weight with WW, it used to make sense to me. I used to add up my weekly total of points had, some days were worse than others, but it would average out. I could calculate how much I was going to lose each week. I hate math normally, but do love the math that is involved in energy in vs energy out. I love when it makes sense :)

I don't want to knock the "points" system as there are people here who use it and the way I look at it is, it's not about what works best but rather what WORKS BEST FOR YOU!!! :wink:
Points or calories, or simply just portion control.....whatever works, stick with it and (above all) try to enjoy the ride otherwise you risk boredom and ultimately, falling off the wagon. :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:51 am

I would probably be using the points system again honestly, as it did work for me before, but because I sold all my points books etc and don't want to pay the money to rejoin WW to be able to count them again, I am counting calories instead which is free :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:04 pm

Cackleberry wrote:I would probably be using the points system again honestly, as it did work for me before, but because I sold all my points books etc and don't want to pay the money to rejoin WW to be able to count them again, I am counting calories instead which is free :)

You could ask someone who counts them to send you a photocopy??!!

Only problem, is Runtastic doesn't calculate points!!! :roll:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:33 pm

I am happy to stay with calories now :) stick with what is working for me :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Cackleberry wrote: stick with what is working for me :)

That's it; do what works for you!! As the ol' saying goes "if it ain't broke, no need to fix it"!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:41 am

The great unknown in all this maths...is the calories consumed on the days off.
Assuming that the intake on those days is within moderate boundaries - what is the figuring in of this in your weekly calculations?

A mantra I liked to recite to myself when I losing weight - "there are no days off in weight loss"...I've now extended the premise for myself "there are no days off in maintaining my weight loss".

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:07 am

The great unknown in all this maths...is the calories consumed on the days off.
Assuming that the intake on those days is within moderate boundaries - what is the figuring in of this in your weekly calculations?

Really have no idea to be honest, but don't really care :D It's working over the 6 days that I am calculating them so that's all i'm working with ;)

A mantra I liked to recite to myself when I losing weight - "there are no days off in weight loss"...I've now extended the premise for myself "there are no days off in maintaining my weight loss".

Glad that's working for you :) I have my day off for many reasons. A couple of them being that by the end of that day off, I feel so full that i'm more than happy to go back to my 1300 cal days again eating healthier and also I get those cravings that i've had during the week out of the way so I can focus on a new week. Works for me :)

Back to it today, having a coffee and that actually may even do me for breakfast. I have such a busy day today with work, about to go make myself a sandwich to take with me.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:28 am

Karen,
Are you noticing that you have lost weight?Can you feel in yourself you are feeling better with what you are doing?
I believe come summer I will really notice ive lost weight once I get my lovely summer dresses on,i cant wait.The
sand between my toes the water on my face,i cant wait.
What are you looking forward to with losing weight?
Tash
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary