It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:28 am

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Food Diary

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 am

Are you noticing that you have lost weight?Can you feel in yourself you are feeling better with what you are doing?
I believe come summer I will really notice ive lost weight once I get my lovely summer dresses on,i cant wait.The
sand between my toes the water on my face,i cant wait.

Ummm, not really as yet because I was at 75kg only a couple of months ago. I really gave up over the past couple of months and gained around 4kg :oops: That's when I thought that enough was enough, something had to be done!! I was a little disappointed starting 4kg heavier but realised that if I didn't start doing something about my health, it would sky rocket over the 80kg mark no worries at all. I know once it gets under that 75kg mark again, i'll start to really feel it :D Not too far to go now! I do feel much better eating less and healthier. My body is thanking me :) It's much better feeling a little hungry than bloated/guilty and sluggish.
What are you looking forward to with losing weight?

Like you, i'm looking forward to summer and wearing some nice dresses. I told my husband that once I reach my goal weight, i'll brave it and buy a bikini lol. His support for me losing weight is now amazing!! :lol:

But I am mostly looking forward to having more confidence in myself. I know my husband doesn't mind what size I am, but I mind. I feel very self conscious when we go out and it gets me down that I can't wear what I want to wear.

I do have a goal of buying a really nice fitted pair of jeans when i'm down to goal weight, with a nicely fitted top :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:16 am

you will do it,i cant wait till you and I get too goal...:-)
keep it up !!
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:19 pm

you will do it,i cant wait till you and I get too goal...:-)
keep it up !!

Thank Tash! I can't wait either. I get impatient and once i've made my mind up, I just want it to happen....NOW!! :lol:

Had a good day today. Breakfast was a coffee, m/tea was a fruit stick and an apple, lunch was a sandwich with baby spinach, cheese and mayonnaise, a/tea was a lite milk cappuccino and a small slice of lamington sponge (at a client's house) and when I got home, I had a coffee and some arnott's fun sticks (these are delish and if anyone is looking for a cheeky treat for only 85 cals, these are so chocolatey - they are those chocolate filled wafer sticks YUM). Dinner i'm not sure of yet, hubby is picking up something at the shops on his way home from work. I have 291 cals left.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:23 pm

291 cals left so will your husband find something with in that range?
I know hes a good guy and he knows whats going on with your weight
lose journey,so will he take that into consideration.

I don't do cals so can you tell me what you could have for dinner
with 291 cals?
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Most meats are around 200-300 cals per serving so it's fairly safe. If he gets something that I can't have, i'll have an egg with a plate full of vegies :) Then I may even have some calories leftover for a Jarrah white hot choc later on ;)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:30 pm

ive found a nice chocolate drink also,i will heat it up a few times during the day,its either one of these or a coffee I try too stick too one hot drink a day sometimes I might hit two...:-)
just went too take a photo and guess what its Jarrah...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:38 pm

ive found a nice chocolate drink also,i will heat it up a few times during the day,its either one of these or a coffee I try too stick too one hot drink a day sometimes I might hit two...:-)
just went too take a photo and guess what its Jarrah...

Feels like such a treat! I love it :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:29 am

Cackleberry wrote:But I am mostly looking forward to having more confidence in myself.

I do have a goal of buying a really nice fitted pair of jeans when i'm down to goal weight, with a nicely fitted top :)

When I was a fat guy for many years I didn't wear jeans...something that in my teens was my daily wear. Finally I bit the bullet and went into one of those "big men" shops and bought myself a pair of tent size jeans. Only wore them a few times - I looked dreadful in them. When I reached goal the first thing I did was buy two pairs of the tightest jeans around. Felt like a million dollars in them! 8)

I'm with you on the confidence front. Clothes is okay but the inner person is more important. For me, I've become even more confident...not that I lacked too much of it before! It's just now I can walk into a room full of strangers ready to perform for them knowing that they haven't prejudged me before the performance! Also the confidence of just achieving something you set out to do gives you a boost in other areas of your life. :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:13 pm

Also the confidence of just achieving something you set out to do gives you a boost in other areas of your life. :)

Absolutely! It's what i'm looking forward to :D

Had a busy day with work today and another busy one tomorrow. When i'm working, I usually make up myself a sandwich to take but I don't think they are filling me enough. Tomorrow i'll try something different.

Breakfast was muesli with lite milk and 2 coffees :oops: I had to wake myself up!! :lol: Lunch was a vegemite and cheese sandwich on Helga bread (really felt like this as I haven't had it for ages, in fact, I was looking forward to it all day!!). Snacks have been pkt choc fun sticks, dip and crispbread, 5 pitted dates and 2 coffees. Dinner will be forequarter chop with mixed vegies. Total calories for today is at 1301 at the moment.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Hey Karen,

I can see why you're so tired, apart from the lack of sleep, it's your sugar levels. This is what I meant in that post when I was blunt; not to upset you but highlight that although you can lose weight consuming sugar, it will leave you feeling unsatisfied and hungrier than you were before you ate a thing!!! :(

My suggestion would be try to reduce the amount of bread, which is packed full of sugar anyway, and opt for (what I jokingly call) cardboard (biscuits) or bird crackers (like corn thins) they're still not the best option but are much better than bread.

I really feel for you....I know you've been working really really hard on your weightloss, and although I believe you'll keep going (and doing well) it saddens me to see you struggling. :?
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:24 pm

I feel Im addicted too bread and im better off too try and stay away from it,when I have one slice I want two three and seven..my way of looking at it is too try and just keep it away from me.when I bring home fresh bread it frightens me as I know what im like with it,butter and vegemite,or peanut butter...
Yeap that is my down fall and I find it doesn't do anything too help me feel as if ive eaten...

im finding white = evil

I try and not eat anything white...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:28 pm

I can see why you're so tired, apart from the lack of sleep, it's your sugar levels. This is what I meant in that post when I was blunt; not to upset you but highlight that although you can lose weight consuming sugar, it will leave you feeling unsatisfied and hungrier than you were before you ate a thing!!! :(

Can I just ask where is all the sugar in what i've eaten today? I know the fun sticks weren't great and coffees, but what else?

I really feel for you....I know you've been working really really hard on your weightloss, and although I believe you'll keep going (and doing well) it saddens me to see you struggling. :?

Not struggling really, it's just one of those days. Can't be easy every day :) I am still working a lot of my thoughts in this journey and what goes through my head when I think i'm hungry. Is it true hunger? Or stressed/bored hunger? I still have my goal very much in mind so I will get there, no doubt about it!! I just have to experiment with a few different food choices :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:30 pm

I feel Im addicted too bread and im better off too try and stay away from it,when I have one slice I want two three and seven..my way of looking at it is too try and just keep it away from me.when I bring home fresh bread it frightens me as I know what im like with it,butter and vegemite,or peanut butter...
Yeap that is my down fall and I find it doesn't do anything too help me feel as if ive eaten...

im finding white = evil

Yeah, i'm the same with bread now that you mention it. We don't have any white bread in the house though. I don't really like it and my kids actually prefer to have the multigrain :shock:
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Cackleberry wrote:

im finding white = evil

Yeah, i'm the same with bread now that you mention it. We don't have any white bread in the house though. I don't really like it and my kids actually prefer to have the multigrain :shock:

I love wholemeal bread also...lol multi grain bread...oh baby I love bread and pasta also....I try too be have with it...:-)
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Cackleberry wrote: Can I just ask where is all the sugar in what i've eaten today? I know the fun sticks weren't great and coffees, but what else?

Breakfast was muesli with lite milk and 2 coffees :oops: I had to wake myself up!! :lol: Lunch was a vegemite and cheese sandwich on Helga bread (really felt like this as I haven't had it for ages, in fact, I was looking forward to it all day!!). Snacks have been pkt choc fun sticks, dip and crispbread, 5 pitted dates and 2 coffees. Dinner will be forequarter chop with mixed vegies. Total calories for today is at 1301 at the moment.

Bread
Fun sticks (ok, no mystery there)
Pitted dates (natural sugar) I know it's better than the refined processed sugar, but it is still loaded with natural fructose

I know there was ALOT of it, but even the small amounts is having an effect on you. It's making you tired, and whenever we're tired, we don't think clearly and as a result start experiencing feelings (real or not) of boredom, frustration and basically plays havoc with our mental well being.

You need sleep, definitely but you also need to find substitutes that will keep you going (kind of like that energizer bunny; you know the one!!) :wink: :lol: otherwise you'll get lethargic and that can lead to snacking (and we all know what that can do for our waistlines) :cry:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary