It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 am

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Food Diary

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Oops.....sorry......I know there WASN'T a lot of it. :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:38 pm

multi grain bread...oh baby I love bread and pasta also....I try too be have with it...:-)

All the good stuff!! :lol:

Bread
Fun sticks (ok, no mystery there)
Pitted dates (natural sugar) I know it's better than the refined processed sugar, but it is still loaded with natural fructose

So pretty much what I thought. Thought I was missing some added sugar in there I wasn't aware of :?
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Pitted dates (natural sugar) I know it's better than the refined processed sugar, but it is still loaded with natural fructose

All fruit has natural sugar in it but alas, it has to be added to the diet somewhere during the day. I hate fruit :evil:
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Multigrain bread is better than white, definitely! :)
But....it is much higher in calories.
So you need to find a balance, because (as detailed in another post) not all calories are created equal!!!
Bread is bread, whether it's white, brown, grained/seeded, thick or thin.
Don't get me wrong.......I LOVE IT TOO.....but I eat it sparingly because it (tastes gorgeous YES YES YES) it doesn't fill me up!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:02 am

Karen also takes sugar in her coffee as well Josie (what a dobber! :wink: ).

As for breads...they all much of a muchness - unless you get the real fancy ones then you can buy more trouble than you thought possible.
Interesting to note that a slice of Mighty Soft White actually has less calories, fat or carbs than any of Helga's offerings.
Best thing to do is keep bread consumption to a minimum. You can eat more of something else for greater benefit and heartiness.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:19 am

Blitz wrote:Karen also takes sugar in her coffee as well Josie (what a dobber! :wink: ).

As for breads...they all much of a muchness - unless you get the real fancy ones then you can buy more trouble than you thought possible.
Interesting to note that a slice of Mighty Soft White actually has less calories, fat or carbs than any of Helga's offerings.
Best thing to do is keep bread consumption to a minimum. You can eat more of something else for greater benefit and heartiness.

Kim

Hey Kim, I didn't realise Karen had sugar in her coffee, though I think the odd teaspoon in a cuppa is reasonable!! I mean let's give the poor girl a break; she does some pretty intense work there as a support worker (my hat off to her for that; I couldn't do it) and so in the words of Mary Poppins "a spoonful of sugar" ain't gonna do too much damage!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
The bread on the other hand, well that's a different story......... :oops:
As I said, non-white or grain breads are better BUT not only do they cost more in $$$ they cost more in calories!!! So as the saying has it "what you lose on the swing, you gain on the merry-go-round"!!
I'd probably opt for breadless sandwiches if you can; you have to be creative but it can be done....here's a few suggestions (I've used one or two of these myself and they are yummmmmmy)!!! :D
http://www.diabeticconnect.com/diabetes ... h-ideas#12
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:39 pm

From what i've seen on this forum so far, it just isn't a very nice place to be. It's a shame really, as so many people who need to lose the weight can get so much out of it :( It is a negative place to be and I really need positivity in my life right now, so thanks everyone for your input so far and I may just pop in when i'm at goal weight :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Cackleberry wrote:From what i've seen on this forum so far, it just isn't a very nice place to be. It's a shame really, as so many people who need to lose the weight can get so much out of it :( It is a negative place to be and I really need positivity in my life right now, so thanks everyone for your input so far and I may just pop in when i'm at goal weight :)

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to the revelation that you've got to goal Karen; you're on the right path and I'm sure you will make it to goal and to maintenance without any problem. :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Gosh...all I did was point out some sugar that Josie had missed in her calculations...nothing further was meant.
A bit sensitive there Karen. :roll: :wink:

Also I was just pointing out to Josie that her statement ("Multigrain bread is better than white") wasn't necessary as true as most people believe. The case in point being that Mighty Soft White has less calories than any of the breads offered by Helga's. The good rule of thumb (which I'm sure Josie well understands) with ALL breads...is moderation for ALL types and brands. Each slice can be from very best 60 calories(Country Grain Vienna) to upwards and beyond 200 calories (the average sits between 75 and 110 calories).

As for the "spoonful of sugar" quote...I'm certainly not worried about one spoonful - its when it is in more than one tea or coffee that you have to start worrying about it all adding up! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Gosh...all I did was point out some sugar that Josie had missed in her calculations...nothing further was meant.
A bit sensitive there Karen. :roll: :wink:

Had absolutely nothing to do with that comment made. It has to do with all the other negative comments made on this forum. A bit sensitive on your part there perhaps? :roll: :wink:
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 pm

No...I like to take the blame first up - experience has shown that it saves time in the end! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:43 am

Sensitivity is not necessarily a bad thing, it helps keep us humble too.

It is how you react when that sensitive side is compromised that will reveal your true strength of character and maturity! Wear your sensitivity with pride, it has it's merit in shaping who you/we are as people!!! :D
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:00 am

Karen,
you are doing ever so well with counting your calories..are you weight is dropping.thats what it is all about to see the munbers on the scales go down.they are going down and this is the way Karen is able to make it work for her.
good work Karen,
you will get go goal and you will make it work for yourself.x
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Ok, ready for another person's perspective on bread? :lol:

I prefer to focus more on the health of a product, over the calories, so when you look at ANY supermarket bread, they are full of preservatives. My gastroenterologists opinion, after observing the 'rise' of supermarket bread, and the rise in gastro health problems, is that these preservatives are probably to blame. The good news? You can feel good about having some lovely freshly baked bread (Baker's Delight in particular do not use preservatives; you will have to keep the loaf in the freezer or it will go dry and mouldy within a couple days, but it being frozen also helps you not to wolf the entire loaf!!) The other good news is that it makes it slightly more difficult to buy bread, if you only buy freshly baked no-preservative bread,...so you enjoy it more, and eat less 'cause it needs to the 'rationed' until you can next get to the bakery!

(Sadly, I only get to eat wheat in limited amounts with days of 'rest' in between, so the bread I buy is not nearly so delicious. It does mean I don't eat that much, with 1 loaf lasting me around 3 weeks...which is a good thing since one loaf costs $9!! )
Tams

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Tams wrote:Ok, ready for another person's perspective on bread? :lol:

I prefer to focus more on the health of a product, over the calories, so when you look at ANY supermarket bread, they are full of preservatives. My gastroenterologists opinion, after observing the 'rise' of supermarket bread, and the rise in gastro health problems, is that these preservatives are probably to blame. The good news? You can feel good about having some lovely freshly baked bread (Baker's Delight in particular do not use preservatives; you will have to keep the loaf in the freezer or it will go dry and mouldy within a couple days, but it being frozen also helps you not to wolf the entire loaf!!) The other good news is that it makes it slightly more difficult to buy bread, if you only buy freshly baked no-preservative bread,...so you enjoy it more, and eat less 'cause it needs to the 'rationed' until you can next get to the bakery!

(Sadly, I only get to eat wheat in limited amounts with days of 'rest' in between, so the bread I buy is not nearly so delicious. It does mean I don't eat that much, with 1 loaf lasting me around 3 weeks...which is a good thing since one loaf costs $9!! )

Hey Tams,
That's expensive bread, is that the Baker Delight bread that costs $9??? :shock: Though if it is, as expensive as it is, BD bread is very nice and much healthier than those preservative laden ones!!! Problem is, regardless of the fact that it's better, stopping at just one hot freshly sliced piece of bread (even their bread) is too irresistible!!! :oops:
Soooooo love Baker's Delight, they bake the absolute best bread products!!!! :wink:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary