It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:06 am

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Food Diary

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:03 pm

How can anyone resist BD it is just sooooooooooooooo "more-ish" especially when it's freshly baked and hot out of the oven!!!
And their seeded breads are so much better that the preservative filled ones that line our supermarket shelves!!!
Attachments
imagesBNF3FUV1.jpg
imagesBNF3FUV1.jpg (12.98 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:56 am

If I was inclined to freshly made bread - at $9 a loaf I would be seriously looking at making my own bread! It's got to be more cheaper (although making bread in your house could be a serious mistake...the wonderful smell of warm fresh bread might lead to a serious binge or two!). :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:25 am

im better off not buying the nice breads I just cant go there ...lol
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Lol, yes, if I DID eat Bakers Delight bread, I think I would certainly find it difiicult to stop. I buy BD for my hubby - I can't generally eat it as can't eat wheat, so that saves me! And I stick it straight in the freezer so you have to defrost just the right amount for your meal and leave the rest in there...it is quite a good 'circuit breaker' on the "MORE" instinct to have to work to get it! (Although he eats a staggering amount when he wants to!!)

My expensive bread does not taste good enough to binge on :( But at least I can have some bread in my life - makes going out for breakfast do-able!

On the expense note, did you know that in other countries, health systems COVER THE COST (at least partially) for special breads that people medically need? (for example, coeliacs). Amazing.
Tams

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Tams wrote: My expensive bread does not taste good enough to binge on :( But at least I can have some bread in my life - makes going out for breakfast do-able!

On the expense note, did you know that in other countries, health systems COVER THE COST (at least partially) for special breads that people medically need? (for example, coeliacs). Amazing.

That's kinda sad Tams, the fact that you pay a king's ransom for bread that you don't really enjoy but then again, I suppose if you can't eat wheat, you don't have much of a choice!!! :(
And yes I know that (especially in Europe) of various types of foods that cater for those with certain conditions like coeliacs. Our health system could certainly take a leaf out of the books of those of our foreign counterparts that's for sure!!! :roll:
DD Diva

Previous

Return to Daily Food Diary