It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:08 am

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Food Diary

Postby Cackleberry » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Had a pretty good day with the in laws. I did end up having a small slice of cake, but it was orange so not too high in the cals :) I didn't have any of the nibblies they had on offer there. So, my day today was a coffee for breakky (still full from last night), garden salad w cheese, mushroom and egg, lentil shepherd's pie for lunch, 2 coffees, small slice of orange cake with around 1/2 tbp double cream for dessert, garden salad w cheese, mushroom and egg with some potato bake for dinner. Calories all up is 1012 calories. A bit low for the day, but I think i'll keep it at that as i'm not hungry at all. Might have a coffee later on.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Cackleberry » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Got hungry, so I had 2 slices of peanut butter toast. Now at 1381 cal for the day :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:23 pm

oh I just had combo soup for dinner as the family had honey chicken and fried rice,
I usually get combo soup when we go too dinner before the pigeon club,this was from a different place and it was like I only got stock lol...

ive been going a little over board at the end of the night with biscuits and coffee not tonight,that stopped last night...

look at this for our dinner menu on Friday night,pretty good hey gf..
http://www.intlhotelwagga.com.au/f.ashx ... e-2014.pdf
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Mmmm that menu looks great!! Have a great night. Special night out for anything in particular?

I'm going out for lunch tomorrow for a good friend's birthday. We are trying somewhere new which is a gluten free/vegetarian place, so i'm sure there will more than enough things to choose from to stick within my calories :) I've had a quick look on the website and the pics looks very nice.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:34 pm

that's for the night Courtney has her March Out,we will go somewhere that's very special,open fire place....coctails lol did I say cocktails.....loll

I don't usually drink as a rule but will have a couple on Friday night..lol..

im thinking I like the look of lobster Friday night..:-)
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:35 pm

don't forget too post some photos tomorrow,i sure do love photos...:-)

what do u plan too have tomorrow??whats going too take your fancy?
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Oh yeahhhh, why not kick up your heels? You deserve it. Didn't realise it was this Friday night. Lobster sounds fab.

Not quite sure what i'll have tomorrow as yet. They had some pics, but not many. I'll see what takes my fancy after I see the full menu :) I have to be good as weigh in is the morning after 8)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:41 pm

im sure you will find something yummy and not over the top,
when its weigh in day the night before I try even harder not too over eat and some nights I find its a good night too have eggs on toast,lol have u noticed I eat a hell of a lot of eggs??

eggs are my go to food...

I don't think I will lose anything this week but if I can stay the same I will b over the moon..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:58 am

Karen, it will be very interesting to see how you go at your next weekly weigh in.

Unless you are eating meagre quantities of the foods that you have listed or exercising like a mad fool I can't see how you are going to succeed in your weekly goal.
As your week has progressed I see that you are making more and more reckless choices.
Your food intake seems to be making little allowance to making healthy choices.
Given options between minimising fat, sugar and salt or embracing fat, sugar and salt - it seems to me that you always pick the later.
Every time I point out a healthy option or choice your response has been to either make excuses, thumb your nose to it or ignore the post completely.

Here is a fundamental questions for you - do you really want to lose weight? If so...what changes are you prepared to make in your life to achieve your goal?

I want you to succeed...do you or are you sabotaging yourself? Food for thought.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 am

Oh wow, you'd think i'm posting on here that i'm eating 5 slices of white bread toast for breakfast, 2 meat pies for lunch and fish and chips for dinner every night..

I am shocked. I ate mostly garden salad yesterday and lentil shepherd's pie...oh and gee, 1 small slice of cake with a tiny bit of cream (my bad).

I am leaving this forum, there has been no support whatsoever (apart from Tash who I will stay in contact with off this forum). Just because I do it my way and not your way, apparently that is wrong. I have never been over 80kg in all my life, so I really do not think i'm fooling myself. I only have to lose a small amount. There is no need to crash diet and miss out on the tiny amount of so called 'full of sugar' foods that i'm having :roll: I have lost weight doing what i've done and so have many other people.

Every time I point out a healthy option or choice your response has been to either make excuses, thumb your nose to it or ignore the post completely.

I know what the 'healthier option' is but because I choose not to have it and to live life and still lose weight, i'm making excuses?? I think you really need to stop making people choose your way. Yes, you lost weight doing what you did...fantastic. But not everyone is like you, everyone has their own way of going about it and you need to support that.

I know you and Diva are going to think 'oh there is another gone, not listening to great advice' but it most definitely isn't that. I don't think I need to come on here and have to prove myself each day, it's about supporting each other in their way of weight loss.

Good luck everyone on their weight loss!
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby admin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Cackleberry, Don't go....you are correct, we are all different and take different paths. As long as you are happy with what you are doing then don't let others get under your skin....I personally don't mind a bit of a stouche ... if I know I am right and deal with fact and take the emotion out of it I can take on anyone....but I do understand if this is not what might inspire you....I have enjoyed reading your posts and what you have eaten...we are actually a supportive lot here so not sure what has gone wrong.

Can everyone please calm down, get back and focus on themselves and not judge but help each other. Just remember we are all in the same boat and it takes a lot for others to open up and post their daily lives.

Move forward! and be kinder

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Karen I don't want you to leave the Forum either...I want you to succeed.

Sometimes in my life someone has had the courage to tell me a few home truths that I didn't like to hear. They did it not "to get at me" but because they cared enough to help me. What I write to you is not just to provoke you but rather to provoke you to thought! As they say...a life unexamined is a life not worth leading.

Weight loss is far more than about what you eat or what you do for exercise...it is about what goes on in your head.

My advice is always there. Whether you choose to accept it or reject it is your privilege and option.

Wishing you always...a better future.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Sometimes in my life someone has had the courage to tell me a few home truths that I didn't like to hear.

These are the 'truths' you believe and are a matter of personal opinion.

I want this weight loss to last and the way I believe it will last is if I make small changes, bit by bit. As I said in my other post, you really don't know what I was eating before I came onto this forum. I can assure you that cake, slice, ice cream were all part of my daily dietary intake, so I guess it takes me aback a little when I am told that my diet sucks now. I have made the changes but I hate having to reiterate that every day. I feel like i'm banging my head against a wall.

Thanks admin for your kind words, so much appreciated. I really would love to stay on the forum, but it seems very quiet and the only 'words of advice' i'm getting really aren't helping me. It's only bringing me down. My husband knows of the huge changes i've made already and I think i'll just stick with his daily encouragement :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby admin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Hey Karen, cakes, bread, what ever floats your boat I say you can have but not huge amounts. It is about reducing your habits and not eliminating them altogether. Blitz has had some great advice in the past ie, once you forbid something you crave it. I love pink doughnuts from Donut King, I love cream on my hot weet bix, I love cream on anything (funny though I hate ice cream), I love a wine many nights after work, I love cheese, any cheese, melted on anything! I have never said I am not to have these but I won't have them every day....they are my treat and I have them on occasions without feeling guilty as they are a treat. I counter act it by eating something healthy to balance out. I make sure I have veggies that night, a smoothie or fresh squeezed juice (I hate eating fruit) etc.

I am criticized for publishing recipes on the site with sugar in them, carbs, potatoes, and the list goes on. Our recipes are healthy and middle of the road and don't follow any particular diet. ....except we try to keep the calorie count and sodium and fat down.

People post on Facebook some bizarre comments for example a fruit drink - too high in sugar etc - it is fruit for crying out loud of course it will have sugar so I have my barneys on Facebook.

This forum drifts people in and out. Sometimes it is quite and other times it is busy.....just one of those things - many people now a days do social media but I prefer forums as they are more private and you tend to have a common thread without the crap.

Hope you stay but understand if you leave, we only wish you all the best and you have done well, pat yourself on the back and have cake! :D

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:47 pm

As I posted before. You are free to reject or accept my advice.

I never said your "diet sucks". Firstly, never use the word "diet" and secondly, neither do I use the word "sucks"(dreadful word...almost as bad as "diet"!). I did say that you can make more healthier choices.

I do understand that you have made changes in your food intake...my suggestions are designed to help you further those changes and save you the frustration of failure down the track. No one likes "being told" but sometimes the wisest thing is to stop and consider what is being told to us...just maybe - just maybe...we need to hear it.

Glad to hear that you are seeking your husband's encouragement and I hope that you will also gain benefit from his insights and advice to you on your journey to a better future. :)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary