It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's 12-day food journal

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:28 pm

Woah!! A Fruit-Only day!!! That's full on!! Well done girl, you're doing really well :) :)

So the last lot is the Low-Fat? Easy compared to what you've just done!! I bet you'll be happy to stop counting carbs!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:45 am

Yes very happy! But the bloating is so bad (I'm up 1kg this morning) I don't think I'll be eating a whole lot of carbs anyway :( And stupid me has already eaten like 30g of fat... and it's only 5:30am (2 bags of protein crisps and two protein shakes will do that!!) :cry: The rest of today and the weekend are going to be perfect!
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:53 am

Ahh well, Sarah! I'd say your body definitely needed some fat after yesterday's eating of fruit, fruit and can we say - more fruit!! I bet all that fruit made you a bit farty too! Hahha poor people that sit near you at work today :P :P Jokes
GOOD LUCK this wekend :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:00 am

Arrggh, sorry I'm such a grumble bum this morning :( Right, now I will pick myself up, dust myself off and get on with it! Posting my food diary early today because I know what I'll be eating, and I'm going to stick to what I write!

DAY 8 (Friday 2nd February)

Overnight: Protein shake, 2 bags of protein crisps (bad, bad, bad... but at least I had some protein and carbs in my sytem ready for the morning's workout :roll: )
Early morning: FatBlaster protein shake w. glutamine & benefibre
Breakfast: Start the Day protein shake, Musashi muscle slice
Morning tea: 1/2 HPLC Bar
Lunch: Power wrap w. soy sausage & salad
Afternoon tea: Salad w. tuna
Right, at this stage I will have eaten an entire day's worth of calories, plus over 140g of protein (the suggested amount is 1g per pound of body weight, so for me, that's 107g protein lol). The plan for this evening is...
Dinner: Big bowl of steamed veggies w. mushroom sauce
Dessert: Diet jelly
Late night snack: Sugar-free aloe vera drink w. benefibre (discovered this last night - yum!!)

That's it and I don't care if I starve :shock:

Now, time to bore everyone with theory, as I've been a bit slack on this and you all must wonder what on earth I'm up to! The idea of my ghastly experience yesterday was to starve the body of protein, thus setting up a desperate need for protein. So, today when I start eating tonnes of protein, the body hangs on to it and stores every bit it can. Then, with the heavy weights training, the idea is that this stored protein gets converted into muscle tissue... and more muscle means a higher metabolism!

Also, with the low-carb eating, the same thing. The body is starved of carbs and has to rely on body fat to produce energy. Then, when you start giving it carbs again (which I started to do yesterday with all that damn fruit!), it hangs on to the carbs and stores them as glycogen in the muscles (hence the massive bloating!). Now, I can only assume that this is a good thing as there's a ready energy store in the muscles ready for the intense weight training. I'm still grasping the carb-loading concept :oops:

The increase in carbs also causes an increase in insulin, which is the body's storage hormone.. it helps the nutrients to get where they need to go. So, all the carbs and protein are going to get stored and used more efficiently - which is good :)

OK end of rant! If anyone actually reads this... sorry! :oops:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:05 am

Yes Em I'm filled with fluid, gas, you name it! I'm meant to be keeping the fat to a minimum, because as well as my body going to store protein and carbs, it will also store fat if I eat it - doh! Should be heading for about 50g today which isn't tooo bad but could be better :roll:
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:06 am

That was really interesting, Sarah!!! Will be great to hear about the results and whether you think it has done what it's supposed to!
Not long to go on it, hang in there!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:28 am

I agree with Em, its a good theory and very interesting to read too! :D :D
Liz
bluebox451

Postby SarahC » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Whew glad you found it interesting :D

Having a bit of trouble with the overeating today... being by myself and feeling a little stressed/anxious over nothing much at all :( I'm in damage control mode now so hopefully I'll be able to be good next week. The bikinis have now found their new home in the kitchen :P

DAY 9 (Saturday 3rd January)

Breakfast: Wheat bran w. protein & diet yoghurt
Morning tea: HPLC Bar
After gym: Fatblaster protein shake
Lunch: Tofu & vegetable kebabs, Sliced banana w. diet jelly & carb-smart icecream
Afternoon snacks: Boost smoothie on a stick x2 :oops:
Dinner: Soy sausages w. salad
Dessert: Nutrisoy tofu dessert
Late night snacks: Protein crisps, another HPLC bar :oops: :oops:

Well and truly ate enough protein today! Plus I'd say there'd be less than 50g fat amongst all that (I normally eat low fat anyway, so I'm not up with the fat counting lol). But, my calorie deficit has been wiped out yet again :(
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:50 pm

you will be ok sarah- not long til your trip now :) are you excited? how did the altering job go on the bikini top?
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:47 am

More stressed than excited now :shock: Just looking forward to the glass of champagne that I'm going to order on the plane (It's an 8:30am flight but you worry!!). I took the bikinis to a dress alteration person... we've decided to go with press studs!
SarahC

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:16 am

are you a nervous flyer Sarah?? Don't worry I would be right beside you with the bottle of champers AND several backup chuck-up bags!!! LOL

Umm pardonmybegman, but with the press studs, is that so you can remove them if you want to??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:25 am

oh i love flying! when i went to africa i went on 12 plane trips all up in 6 weeks. it was awesome! the bigger flights like with qantas are the best, movies, sleeping mask thing, blanket, socks, and the meals are yummy! oh and the peanuts! n

try and relax sarah- you might meet the man of your dreams whilst there- the pool guy!! theyre always hot!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:47 am

No I'm not a nervous flyer - I love it especially the turbulence lol. I am more a nervous packer. I absolutely cannot stand packing!! The champagne is recovery from the packing :lol:

Yep the press studs are so I can remove the padding if I have to. And also I have three tops, so I can move them from one to the other.
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:52 am

so they dont think you have boobs one day and then they disappear overnight :P good idea. i HATE packing- i also fret im going to forget something. i think its gotten better since having a baby because when you go out you have to be pretty organised. but i still have times where i think 'jeez i shouldve brought that along!'
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:02 am

oops my mistake Sarah!! maybe I should come and pack for you (love packing up) and then you could return the favour by flying to where I would like to visit and tell me all about it!!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary