It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Saturday 24/2

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Saturday 24/2

Postby Fairie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:32 am

Low GI Cereal with sliced Peach & L/F Lactose free Milk

Lunch (will be)
3 Corn Thins with Hummos
Small Lettuce, Tomato & Cucumber Salad

Dinner (will be)
3 Heart Smart Sausages
Fresh Beans
Green Salad

Snacks (will be)
Mt Bread Chips
Seed & Almond mix

2 Scotch & Cokes (diet)

Postby zoeh » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:43 pm

3 pancakes made from spelt flour and a bit of maple syrup

2 slices of spelt bread with a tin of safcol tuna

Grilled chicken and some raw salad and a few pieces of boiled asparagus

Handful of grapes
2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt
1 fun size crunchie

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:14 am

Zoe if you don't mind me asking what is spelt flour and bread and how is it different to other ones??

Postby zoeh » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:57 am

Ally: Spelt is a grain, its a "subspecies of wheat" if that makes sense.. heres some information it:

This is from wikipedia:

"Usually spelt is sold in the form of a coarse pale bread, similar in colour and in texture to light rye breads but with a slightly sweet and nutty flavour.

Spelt contains about 62 percent carbohydrates, 9.2 percent fibre, 17 percent protein and 2.7 percent fat, as well as dietary minerals and vitamins, including silica. As it contains a moderate amount of gluten, it is suitable for baking. In Germany, the unripe spelt grains are dried and eaten as Grünkern, which literally means "green seed".

Spelt is closely related to common wheat, and is not usually a suitable substitute for people with coeliac disease and wheat allergy. However, spelt is sometimes used as an alternative grain for sufferers of wheat intolerance and mild gluten intolerance."

I eat it because I have wheat and yeast intolerance and spelt bread doesnt have either. It also tastes heaps better, its sort of light and it feels like it sort of melts in your mouth.

There are some brands that have spelt bread a bit thicker and it sort of tasts a little like a scone for some reason. I got my ex housemates on it and they loved it, they were guys and they noticed the difference (hehehe).

Tastes great when made in muffins... mmmmmmmmm

Oh i'm craving some after talking about it...

Postby zoeh » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:02 am

Oh sorry I didnt answer your other question...

I find it lighter and nicer tasting to other wheat and yeast free products such as rye, rye can be a bit heavy at times and a lot of rye products I found had some yeast in it.

I am not sure what bread alternatives are the best ones for you, there are so many on the market so I dont really know which is better or where this one fits on the scale...

Hope this all helps!

Return to Daily Food Diary