It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby chook81 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:26 pm

have just started a pedometer challenge through school that i work at. Will be wearing a pedometer for 40 days and recording how many steps I take each day..the aim is to take 10000 steps a day. Heaps of the kids are involved as well. I am going to try and do 12000 each day. Day 2 today and so far so good!
Weight Loss Tickers [url=]

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:36 am

hey chook good on you mate! its also good to see the kids involved :) i wore a pedometer one day just out of interest to see how many steps i did a day around the house and it was something like 4500 and i thought 'what! i thought i did more than that!' so i wore it for a week and really made myself do the 10000 a day. it really keeps you going!

Postby chengbee » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:30 am

Just a question with pedometers....does an expensive pedometer work better than a cheap one? Or are the expensive ones more expensive because they have more functions?

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 am

I dont know...but Ive wondered the same thing, I have old ever had cheap ones (LOL actually most of them were free with magazines or with a tub of medowlea :roll: haha) and they always turn off or stop counting, or they are just inaccurate! :shock: Very frustrating...Im thinking of buying a weight watchers one, but I dont want to waste my money if it will be cr*p like the others I have tried...but then again, maybe it will be of better quality and it will work! :shock: aarrrgh lol Ill keep you posted how I go with it ;)

Postby electrongirl » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:29 am

I've got the WW one and its great. Its very accurate, just make sure you calibrate it correctly when you first get it.

I have been slack and havn't worn it in a while.. hehehe

I also have a really crappy one I got free that recorded 5 steps just from me picking up and clipping it to my pants.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Return to Challenges