It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:39 am

Free Newsletter

My own Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

My own Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Challenge

Postby razzyjazzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:30 pm

I am desperately trying to lose weight, after the birth of my daughter 5 months ago. I started the pregnancy at 64kg's and ended up weighing over 90kg's, partly due to fluid retention and extremely bad pelvic pains which prevented me doing very little exercise at the end of the pregnancy. Any way, enough of the excuses...I am endevouring to lose around 20 kilos (my starting point is 81kg's), and would like to invite other people to join me in weekly weigh-in's, support etc.

I'm not in a rush to lose weight, I want to be reasonable and do it right, as I am still breast-feeding, so I need to be careful not to overdo it.

I am open to any support, input or advice available.

Jaz
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDCk55i/]
[/url]
razzyjazzy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:10 pm

welcome to the group jaz and best wishes for your weightloss journey :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:47 pm

Welcome RazzyJazzy to the forum :D Congratulation on becomming a mommy you daughter is so beautiful, Best wishes for your journey & goodluck.
Chelle

Postby boo_24 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi, Im only new here to and I probly should have introduced my self first, but anyway I saw your post and its the exact same reason I joined this forum.
My son is now 14 months old and pre pregnancy I was only 65kg and while i was pregnant I got to a whopping 97kg :oops: I had alot of complications also, I suffered form preeclampsia ( I think thats how you spell it) So I was hospitalized for a lot of my pregnancy and was not allowed to do anything.
I am currently 85kg and would like to get back down to at least 70kg. I also would like to start trying for another baby shortly but I realy want to loose the weight first.
What have you tryed or what are you doing to lose the weight?
boo_24

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:27 am

Hi Jazz and Boo!

Can I join the gaining over 30kg in pregnancy club?? :lol:

However I, unlike you girls, was overweight to start with. 88kg to 118kg with my daughter (2 1/2), and then 92kg to 122kg with my son (9 mths) (yep, exactly 30kg both times!!).

I have managed to get down to my original weight of 88kg after both kids, but am really struggling to lose the weight I needed to lose before I even had kids!

Good luck to both of you :wink:
SW: 106.8kg CW: 100.3kg Total Lost: 6.5kg

Goal 1: Under 100kg
flutterby

Postby Sharee » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:15 am

Hi guys, I can completey relate to this one! I gained about 20 kg when I was pregnant and strangely left the hospital after giving birth without losing anything!!??? My baby is 11 months old now and I'm finally getting back on top of my weight. My best advice is to take your time and do it in a healthy way. For me it really was a matter of making smart food choices and doing more excercise. Id like to have another baby as well boo but am so paranoid about having to go through this weight loss again!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVEnpO2/]
[/url]
Sharee

Postby boo_24 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:10 am

Sharee wrote: Id like to have another baby as well boo but am so paranoid about having to go through this weight loss again!

sharee I totaly know what you mean about being paranoid, I just dont want to be that big again :oops: I want another baby desperatly and know that its not going to happen until my current weight gets down.

flutterby, It would be great to have someone eles join in. I think at times like these we need as much support as possible. Im finding it dificult also to shed the weight.

What have you's tried or what are you doing to lose the weight? Im thinking of trying either celebrity slim or kate morgan meal replacement shakes!
boo_24

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:45 am

Hey Boo

I have joined weight watchers. It is slow going, but only because I have good and bad weeks, but I've still had 6 losses, with 4 gains, for a total 6kg loss, so I'm still doing well.

Shakes and meal replacement aren't something I'm interested in, because my excess weight will be a lifelong battle, and I'm not keen on shakes for the rest of my life. The only way I know I can lose this weight and keep it off, are through eating sensibly and excercising more. Weight Watchers keeps me focused with the weekly meeting and weigh in, and I find counting points straightforward.

Another big thing for me is finding time to excercise. I've joined a gym, but finding time with the little ones is really really hard (I've moved to Innisfail for my husband's job, and I have no friends or family to help out).

So, that's me :)
SW: 106.8kg CW: 100.3kg Total Lost: 6.5kg

Goal 1: Under 100kg
flutterby

Postby boo_24 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Hey again flutterby,
Im going to do the shakes first and see how i go, I realy want to lose as much weight as possible as quickly as possible (lol, who dosnt :roll: ) If i dont have any luck with the shakes weight watches will be my back up plan.

I got out the cross trainer this morning, oh my god :shock: :shock: :shock: after 15min my legs are throbbing, but theroy: if it hurts it works!!!! Right? :( . I use it when my son has his nap, its the only time i get.

Hopfuly you will make some new friends soon enough, in the mean time we are online for you :wink:
boo_24

Return to Challenges