It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:01 am

Free Newsletter

One week Challenge - Fruit (or vegies) only for snacks

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

One week Challenge - Fruit (or vegies) only for snacks

Postby LookingGreat2008 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:09 am

My challenge is to eat fruit (or vegies) only for snacks. 30/12/2008 - 5/1/2008 but feel free to join anytime throughout the challenge.

Otherwise, 3 small-regular sized meals, tea, coffee, diet drinks allowed.

My plan is to keep favourite fruit cut up in fridge (rockmelon and watermelon).

Do not eat kids unfinished biscuits (Keep telling myself - I am not a human garbage bin!!).

K
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjEEmOP/]
[/url]
LookingGreat2008

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:17 am

Great pledges! Let us know how you go :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby LookingGreat2008 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:55 pm

Day one done!!! and I feel better already!

Child took one bite out of a choc-coated ice-cream and said he didn't want it!! Normally I would inhale this unfinished treat. I put it in the bin!! It was difficult but I am proud of myself!

One day at a time.

K
[/url]
LookingGreat2008

Postby mummy2three » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:36 pm

Well done K :D! It's harder than it sounds, isn't it. I find food hard to throw away, but ice-cream :shock: now that's a challenge. Good on you!

At weight watchers I learnt to cut up my fruit/vege in the morning so it's handy to snack on during the day. I have been a little slack with that lately, but it's a great idea.

Good luck with the rest of your week. Lane xo
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

Snacks

Postby ec » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:26 am

Great idea to jump start the programme. Only joined this morning and feeling motivated. Love your idea of only having fruit or veggies for the snacks. Although I have already had the last few squares of chocolate (6am) I am now ready to start the challenge (only joined in last hour!).

I am going to also abstain from alcohol for the week. So here we go all those yummy mummies out there, lets be proud of ourselves this week.
Cheers EC
ec

Postby LookingGreat2008 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:20 am

Thanks Laney!!

Hi EC

Glad you are joining me, party season sure is a tough time to be giving up alcohol, Good Luck, We can do it!!

I have to say I love the accountability the site is giving me, its just that little bit of strenght to do right by myself in those times of weakness.

K

I have been on my (diet), I mean new healthy eating plan for only 3 days and I know much of my weight loss is probably water but it and the ticker are really keeping me motivated!!
[/url]
LookingGreat2008

Postby ec » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:27 pm

K,
I would be motivated by your ticker too. I have yet to determine my weight (can't find any scales yet! May go to Harvey Norman and test their merchandise).
How is the best way to tell what weight you should go down to after you have your starting weight though?

I agree with the accountability, not to anyone else, but to ourselves. I have never entered such communication with the 'outside invisible world' but if it works to get the few kilos off, it will be well worth the investment in time.

We will be fit and sexy for 2008... NO MORE JELLY BELLY

EC
ec

Postby LookingGreat2008 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:11 pm

I use BMI (Body Mass Index) to determine my goal weight. I am 172cm tall and 68kg would be about in the middle of ther healthy weight range for these measurements. Also I have no memory of weighing anything less than 72kg which I feel comfortable at, so this would be a great achievement for me.

I made it through another day of my challenge, still feeling strong, wondering if I could adopt this healthy habit for life or if I am a little delirious from dieting!! (lol) (I guess my actions will speak louder than my words!!)

K
[/url]
LookingGreat2008

Postby milkyway » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:34 pm

Good on ya K! Who knows - maybe this will become a permanent habit. It's OK to have the occassional treat, but if you're reaching for the healthy snacks first, awesome :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby LookingGreat2008 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:09 pm

Thanks for your support, I'm sure this forum is the only thing that is keeping me going today.

I have done Weight Watchers before, I thought it was great (having the weekly weigh in). So armed with what I learnt there, this forum is now where I weigh in, with the added advantage of being able to vent at other times too.

I am feeling a bit sick in the stomach, possibly from hunger or eating too much fruit. I could really go a massive hamburger or steak sandwich for lunch but thanks to the forum I am going to settle for a Baked Bean Sandwich (wow that does not really compare in appeal), oh well.

Hanging on by a thread....

K
[/url]
LookingGreat2008

Postby LookingGreat2008 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Well this was a dumb week to challenge myself. I'm afraid NYE celebration got the better of me (or the worst??). Back on the band wagon again tomorrow.

K
LookingGreat2008

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:38 pm

I think I'll join you on this challenge this week, K! I avoided doing so until now because I knew I'd fail over Christmas and New Year, but hopefully I'll manage this over the next week!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby LookingGreat2008 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:07 am

How are you going?

I'm trying hard again.

I think its an easy rule to follow, if I can just stick to it it enables you not to have to stress to much at meal time (as long as they are regular size), as you've done all the hard work in avoiding snacking.

K.
[/url]
LookingGreat2008

Postby sassi » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:14 am

have you noticed any difference in energy levels or how you feel in general?

it sounds like a great challenge to me!
sassi

Postby LookingGreat2008 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:44 pm

The best thing for me is feeling more relaxed about food. I'm not stressed about eating too much or thinking about what to eat next because of the challenge (only 3 meals to plan).

I find myself doing more with the kids (walking to the park, gardening, swimming etc.), I guess this means my energy levels are up.

K.
[/url]
LookingGreat2008

Next

Return to Challenges