It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:12 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's weekly challenges

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:59 am

Thanks Ellecee :D

I had a reasonably successful night last night, only minor picking. Giving myself half marks for that :P
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:00 am

Ok another "half success" last night. Didn't eat from about 8:30pm till bedtime. But woke up (at 11:30pm :roll: ) and had a go of my nut stash, estimating about 100cal worth :( Try again tonight. Determined for a "full success" at least once by the end of the week!!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:35 am

:roll:

Same again.... but just substitute "nuts" for "icecream". About the same cals too. Grr. I know it's not much, but it all adds up. Two more days lol.
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:40 am

Ok, same same last night. Not brilliant, but not overly bad either. I'm going to crystal ball gaze and say that my night tonight will be a reasonable success, reason being I'm weighing in in the morning, so I'm generally pretty good.

So, results from this weeks challenge? Average at best. Really could have been better, but it's my toughest area so I wasn't expecting any brilliance. I will keep up my efforts at improving though!!

As for next week's challenge. Some of you may know of my stupid silly habit of "cheating" when it comes to writing out my food diary. Sometimes, well 99% of the time lol, if I eat any extras during the evening, I won't record it under that day's intake. It will be listed under the next day, or the one after that.... up to a week ahead!! It's kinda like a "buy now, pay later" principle, which I guess gives me permission to snack as I like during the evening, and just make up for it later :shock:

So the challenge will be...

Week 4 Challenge

If I eat any extras, I will adjust my food diary FOR THAT DAY accordingly. Even if that means I need to scribble things out and the page looks all messy :roll:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:04 am

I think this week's challenge has been pretty much a failure. Out of 7 days, I only managed to start of 2 with a "clean slate" so to speak. Plus, because I didn't want to write anything extra down, I just picked, teeny little mouthfuls at a time that I couldn't measure or record :oops:

So for this week, starting today through to Friday...

Week 5 Challenge

No picking, especially after dinner.
If I do pick, I will weigh/measure and record on a separate peice of paper, then tally up all the "additions" and record them in my diary as one "lump sum". Tedious, but I think neccessary. Plus it will be a big wake up call for me to see what it's all adding up to!! :shock:
SarahC

Re: Sarah's weekly challenges

Postby SarahC » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:08 am

Well, this week's challenge was reasonably successful, in that I managed to record some (not quite all) of my picking.

This week's challenge will be

Week 6 challenge

1. No eating of protein powder (disgusting and expensive habit!) and no sipping milk from the carton (another disgusting habit!) All the little bits really do add up, very significantly!!!

2. Instead, I challenge myself to listen to my hypnosis tapes at least once every day.

Now, I just had about 5 teaspoons of protein powder and a couple of mouthfuls of milk ( :roll: ) so the challenge will start from now!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:42 am

Day 1 (Sat)
1. No milk, just put some in my tea and straight back into the fridge, no sips in between! Half a serve of protein powder, but mixed it with a little milk and added it to my food diary.
2. Listened to three hypnosis tracks and fell asleep on the couch!! lol.

Day 2 (Sun)
1. Measured 100mL of milk and added to food diary. 2 small tsp of protein powder, before I realised what I was doing!!
2. Made it through about 5 mins of a hypnosis cd before I fell asleep.... god I was tired!!!

Day 3 (Mon) & Day 4 (Tues)
1. 15g protein powder each day, mixed with a little milk and recorded in diary
2. Fell asleep while listening to cds lol.

Day 5 (Wed)
1. A couple of really small teaspoons of protein powder, and a couple of tiny sips of milk :|
2. No cds tonight.... was just sooooo tired it wasn't funny!!! Hence the picking. Damn!

Day 6 (Thur) & Day 7 (Fri)
About the same story, listened to the cds, wrote down my pickings lol.

All up, a reasonable success. Could have done without the protein powder even though it was weighted and counted in the diary. Better than eating out of control with the teaspoon directly from the container :roll:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Bit late with this... but starting tonight, until the end of next week:

Week 7 & 8 Challenge
1. I will be in bed by 10pm regardless, even if I'm not sleeping, I will at least be lying in my bed at this time
2. I will stop eating by 8pm, giving me two hours free of food before bed

On the weekend, I'll just aim to stop eating two hours before bed. Will only be a little later to bed, maybe 11pm at the latest :)
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:31 pm

Quick update. I'm recording my late-night picking etc in the food diary section. I think I'll keep that up for a while yet, so that will be ongoing. As for going to bed by 10pm... well, I averaged about 10:20pm last week, which is okay, but still too late. Definitely aiming for 10pm this week, or I will not make it to the end of the week!!! I'll report back next week how I went :)
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 am

I've been very slack updating this :oops: My challenge for week 9 was the same, to be in bed by 10pm and to listen to my hypnosis tapes each day. Most days I did acheive this, but a couple of days did slip back to about 10:15 - 10:30pm. I am still going to aim fr 10pm at the latest, 9pm would be ideal, bt it never seems to happen :roll:

Week 10 challenge

Ok, all of my tempting foods are secured and neatly arranged on the top shelf of my pantry. The contents at this stage are...
- Protein powder (I have two giant containers, 2.2kg each, that I got on a pretty good special!)
- Almonds (unopened packet)
- Brazil nuts (in a jar)
- A small quantity of Bran Plus
- Protein crunch (about 2 servings remaining)
- The last 2 of my $1.60 Slim Secrets Rev Up bars
- An unopened box of FibreX cereal and half a jar of almond meal.
- 5 peanut and sesame bars
- a packet of doritos (not mine, saving for friends' visits :roll: )

The challenge is that if I absolutely have to get up onto the top shelf to nibble on the contents, I will record everything eaten on a piece of paper that will be located up there. In a weeks time, I'll post what's written on the paper in this thread!

It will be a short post :twisted:

Determined to not embarass myself hahahahaha!!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:17 am

Well, I completed the above challenge. I won't post my list, because it's pretty boring, plus I don't have it with me at the moment lol.

This week's challenge is...

Week 11 Challenge

To get myself onto the damn plane to Sydney on Thursday night, all packed, organised and NOT STRESSED. (I'm off for three days for an Internet Marketing seminar).

Shouldn't be too hard hahahahahaha!!!!!!!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 am

I didn't set myself a challenge for last week. Just recovering from the trip to Sydney was a challenge enough. Gosh that knocked me around. I am still recovering!!!!

Almost now at the end of my 14 weeks, woo hoo. Here's my next challenge, starting NOW.

Week 13 Challenge

On my kitchen bench I have an espresso coffee machine.
On top of the machine are small, short-black-sized glasses.
My habit is to get one of these glasses and fill it with bran plus or with protein powder as a "snack" and think that because it's so small, I don't need to count it!! But I will have 2, 3, 4 or more of these every day!

The challenge is.... nothing to be eaten out of the glass. GLASSES ARE FOR DRINKING, NOT FOR EATING!!!! :twisted:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Ok this week's challenge had mixed success. I put the glasses away in a cupboard and have not got them out. But I've been using a small glass bowl instead.... and last night... my coffee mug!!! I think I have reduced it a little bit though :roll:

Here is my FINAL challenge!! This will be the MEGA CHALLENGE and it goes a little something like this..... (shouldn't have written that, now I want to sing hahahaa)

Week 14 MEGA Challenge

Each day from Saturday 29th March to Friday 4th April I will achieve the following.....
1. No picking after dinner, only one allowed snack per night
2. Everything I eat will be recorded in my diary under the correct day. No more robbing Peter to pay Paul!!!
3. Maximum intake will be 1500cals (weekend included!!)
4. Bed before 10pm
5. Fifteen minutes of EXTRA excercise Monday to Friday, burning 150cals per day (this is to make up for the two HPLC bars that I indulged in this week, 380cals each, so 760cals for the two.... over 5 days that's 150 cals!)

Then..... free for all Saturday 5th!!!! I'll be packing to go to the Gold Coast that day, that's enough stress for one day without worrying about eating :wink:

I WILL report on this DAILY. Scoring out of 5...
Saturday 2/5
Sunday 3/5
Monday 3/5
Tuesday /5
Wednesday /5
Thursday /5
Friday /5
SarahC

Previous

Return to Challenges