It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Valentines Day Challenge :)

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Valentines Day Challenge :)

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:31 pm

The boy and I are going away to Bali on the 14th of February (VALENTINES DAY) for 4 days and 3 nights :D

As there is 1 month until we depart for our little holiday I'm dreading being seen in my swimmers (every girls night mare lol).

I told my PT that I want to aim at losing 4kgs by then. He said its very doable as long I as I put in the hard work.

What I'm going to do to achieve this:

:arrow: to go to the gym 5 days a week
:arrow: go for 3 weekly runs
:arrow: during my lunch time instead of meeting friends for lunch go for a walk for 30mins to an hour then eat lunch afterwards at my desk (I got this idea from Em :D )
:arrow: not slack off and whinge during my PT sessions because PT is pushing me to hard :P
:arrow: to stick to my calorie limits
:arrow: have 1 treat meal on saturday and only 1 glass of wine (ensuring I still stick within my cal limits)

Also because four weeks is so long away I'm going to tackle this weekly. Just focus on the week ahead.

And if I don't lose those 4kgs I am not going to get upset, because in my heart I will know that I did everything possible to achieve weight loss, and if the scales don't show it I know my body will be grateful for making it a more healthier body :D

Well that's my challenge. If anyone wants to join in to try shift some kilos by valentines day so you can look and feel extra special for that special someone in your life than your more than welcome to join in :D

For the singletons, don't be deterred about the day being for "couples" join in too and you never know if you head out that night you might just meet that someone special :wink:

Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:34 pm

Sounds great! I'll join in the challenge Bella :)

I'd love to lose 4kg over the next month.. realistically though, at the rate I lose weight, I'd be happy with 2.

But I pledge to help me get closer to goal for Valentine's day, I WILL keep my star challenge percentage in the "pass" range (over 50%) and I will aim for FOUR three star days a week!
Mandie

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:34 pm

hehehe can you tell I'm bored at work :wink:

Well I'll be going for my lunch time walk soon. There's a beautiful botanical garden near my work which I walk through. Haven't been there in years :D

Lucky I have my gym gear with me otherwise I would have to walk in heels and that’s not very comfortable if walking briskly (NO of course I'm not making up excuses already LOL :D )
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Mandie wrote:Sounds great! I'll join in the challenge Bella :)

I'd love to lose 4kg over the next month.. realistically though, at the rate I lose weight, I'd be happy with 2.

But I pledge to help me get closer to goal for Valentine's day, I WILL keep my star challenge percentage in the "pass" range (over 50%) and I will aim for FOUR three star days a week!

Fantastic Mandie, You can do it :D

Your pledge sounds great :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:32 pm

i wanna lose 4kgs by then too!!!

um i pledge to stay within my calories, and i want to workout 5 times a week (i mean 20mins a day is nothing) and drink more water :)

might start walking at lunch too, if its not pouring or boiling hot :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:52 pm

That's right Rach, 20 minutes is nothing and passes so quickly.

You can do it :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:27 am

Sensational idea. Who wouldn't like to lose a bit by Valentine's day? I'm in. And I think it is quite doable too. Not only are you going to have lost the weight, but you'll be nicely toned from all that exercise so you are gonna look good in those swimmers.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:43 am

To help me reach my challenge I pledge not to buy any:
* lollies from the charity snack box across the passage from my office
* chicken chips from the snack machine down the passage to the left
* twistie's from the snack machine down the passage to the right
* chocolates from any of them

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Bri » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:25 am

I'll join the valentines challenge, I don't see much hope in losing four kg but I will pledge to lose 3k by then.

I will make an effort to go to the gym four times a week

I make the effort to walk to the fruit and veg shop to buy more fruit rather than relying on the small amount they sell at Aldi's.

I will continue to eat healthy (and within my calorie range if I knew what that was :lol: :roll: :oops: ).
Bri

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:55 am

3 kg is a good goal; we are all different.

there is a calculator on this site to work out your energy needs: http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... ulator.htm

also http://www.calorieking.com is a useful site

I'm sure you can do by following your plan. :)

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Great challenge Bella! I reckon you'll do this for sure :D

I'd be happy to be 59kgs on V day!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Nikerz82 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Aww nice romantic getaway and in Bali of all places, how nice. :D My partner and I are going in March for 12 nights so im doing the exact same thing as you, taking drastic measures to be bather-licious!

so YES you can definatly count me in on the challenge. ;)

where abouts are you staying bali, have you been before?
Nikerz82

Postby lng86 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:11 pm

That's a fantastic idea, Bella!

You'll do it!!! I know you always give 110%!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Bri » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:28 pm

The boy and I are going away to Bali on the 14th of February (VALENTINES DAY) for 4 days and 3 nights

Lucky you going to Bali, you'll have to tell us how it was after you get back especially as I'm hoping to go with my mum in July.
Mum to three kids, second mum to my 18yo sister, and married to the biggest kid my DH. Also pet mummy to one dog, two cats and three fish.
Bri

Postby JP1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:14 pm

as per the other thread... target is 83 Kg in next four weeks... am 87 Kg now
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Next

Return to Challenges