It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Walking challenge Week 4

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Walking challenge Week 4

Postby Groovychic » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:15 am

Rochelle's walking log week 4, 10/4 to 16/4 :

Mon 10/4 - 5.9km
Tues 11/4 -
Wed 12/4 -
Thurs 13/4 -
Fri - 14/4
Sat - 15/4 -
Sun 16/4 -

Total - 5.9km

Goal - 45km

A smaller goal this week as I did battle to get there last week but also with easter I have people staying for most of the weekend etc etc! So if I get higher than my goal it will be a bonus! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Groovychic » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:23 pm

O my gawd what a day I had! I got up and did 6.6ks on the treadmill, then I did this bushwalk because we are going to get the kids to do a walk-a-thon for fundraising for the soccer club so thought i better check out this walk as I was told it was 9k and was a little dubious that it would be too far for them. Well it ended up being a 11.2km walk. I missed the first km because I started further down the track.....yep was being a tab bit slack!!! Anyway so I figured I walked about 10km. When I was about 4.5km down the track I just had this feeling I had lost my keys. So I checked and sure enough they weren't there!!! Bugga!!! Anyway I thought maybe they had fallen out in a certain place so when my mum picked me up I asked her to drive back to this place, which luckily was on the edge of a track that crossed it but they weren't there. It was at that spot that I had been trying to get my water bottle out of my bag without taking it off my back, yeah I know a bit silly!!!, and everything fell out!!! Anyway I stewed on it over lunch and decided I had to go back. So got my mum to drop me off on a track that crossed just passed where I discovered I had lost them and walked backwards. And BINGO I found em about 2ks down. I was thinking along the way I wonder if they fell out there because I was doing the same thing, mucking about with my backpack trying to get my notepad back in without having to take it off.......doh!!! And it was where they were. Thank goodness. I was thinking oooo how I am going to explain the lost keys to the lord of the manor!!!! He would have spat it! Now I have them and all is fine. So I walked about another 3ks this arvo while looking for my keys. And it wasnt a slow walk either. I was fairly motoring again because I only had a short amount of time. So it looks like I should make it to goal this week.......yay!!! And you know what, I feel fine even tho I have done nearly 20ks today. I am going to do that trail again one day soon. Not with my car keys in my backpack tho!!! Mind you maybe I should invest in a back pack with a zip instead of a draw string and magnetic press studs!!!! And I will walk there and back and have a picnic at the natural pool, which is where I walked to. The trail was great and is clearly marked. It carries on for another 8.8km to another area, which I want to do as well, and get someone to pick me up! O the possibilities are endless. Gotta get a better back pack tho!

Mon 10/4 - 5.9km
Tues 11/4 - 19.6km
Wed 12/4 -
Thurs 13/4 -
Fri - 14/4
Sat - 15/4 -
Sun 16/4 -

Total - 25.5km

Goal - 45km
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Groovychic » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:45 am

Well the morning has come and I feel just fine and dandy!!! I'm not sore at all, which proves to me that I am getting much fitter. I'm very pleased.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Groovychic » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:21 pm

Mon 10/4 - 5.9km
Tues 11/4 - 19.6km
Wed 12/4 - had too much on and didn't feel 100% so didn't exercise.....felt guilty about it
Thurs 13/4 - 9.2km
Fri - 14/4
Sat - 15/4 -
Sun 16/4 -

Total - 34.7km

Goal - 45km
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:07 am

HHHMMM I think we will just call this Rochelle's walking challenge from now on. Come on guys. I need someone to join in with me here!!!

Mon 10/4 - 5.9km
Tues 11/4 - 19.6km
Wed 12/4 - had too much on and didn't feel 100% so didn't exercise.....felt guilty about it
Thurs 13/4 - 9.2km
Fri - 14/4 - 9.1km
Sat - 15/4 -
Sun 16/4 -

Total - 43.8km

Goal - 45km

Yay I am nearly there and 2 days to go. Mind you sunday I'm not likely to get on the treadmill so I will make sure I do 4 or 5 ks tomorrow.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:19 pm

Rochelle, you are amazing. I would join you if I didn't have knee trouble.
Congratulations for walking all that distance.

Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:29 am

Thanks Dolly. You must be careful with your knees mate. Just small bits at a time and see how it goes. How are you going on that shake thing you were taking. Can't remember what it was called.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:28 pm

No will power to stick it through. I gave one to my sister-in-law who ate a dinner straight after it saying she couldn't believe they were trying to brainwash me that those watery Tony Ferguson shakes were supposed to be filling.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:35 pm

Mon 10/4 - 5.9km
Tues 11/4 - 19.6km
Thurs 13/4 - 9.2km
Fri - 14/4 - 9.1km
Sat - 15/4 - 4.4km
Sun 16/4 - 0

Total - 48.2km

Goal - 45km

Yay I made it to my goal, and considering it's easter and all. I am very very pleased.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

You're not alone!

Postby Ed » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:04 pm

Hi Rochelle,

you're not alone, I just haven't recorded my walks this week (last week) yet.

Here tis:

Mon: 15km (actually a 50km bike ride converted into walking km's)
Tues: 2.5km (got my treadmill back but it's still busted)
Wed: 2.5km (treadmill stopped dead in the middle of my walk again!)
Thur: 12km
Fri: 0km
Sat: 0km
Sun: 12km

Total for week: 44kms

Not a bad total for the week!

Glad I did it because easter isn't exactly a great time to be watching your diet now is it?

Keep going Rochelle, your a star!!!

Ed. :D
Ed

Postby Groovychic » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:46 am

Wow a 50km bike ride Ed that is incredible. My butt would be sooooo sore after that. I don't ride my bike very often cos I don't like to wear the helmut, particularly in summer because you sweat more, and I get a sore bottom!!! :lol: My mum has just started to get back into bike riding and it was her birthday on Sunday so my sister and I bought her this new gel bike seat. I said to her look it even has butt cheeks to rest your butt cheeks on!!! I said you can get a breeze going through that to cool you down! So I am hoping it is comfy for her.
And I am very glad that you are still doing the challenge Ed. It's a bit lonely on my own!!! I hope your treadmill gets fixed soon.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Return to Challenges