It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Cass & Tara's C25K Challange

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Cass & Tara's C25K Challange

Postby Tarz » Wed May 07, 2008 11:59 am

Hey guys, Well as you may have read in our post Cass (Cac33) and I are both starting C25K. Both for our own reasons, Cass wants to do the B2B in September and I would love to be able to jog long distances and maybe do a fun run or 2.
I am sure there are many others wanting to do the C25K or that have already started, so if you do want to start or are already doing it join in on our challange to let us know how you are doing.

If you want the website here it is:
http://c25k.com/

Cass and I will be doing our training on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays starting this afternoon and we will let you all know how we are doing. Have I missed anything Cass?
Tarz

Re: Cass & Tara's C25K Challange

Postby Cac33 » Wed May 07, 2008 12:08 pm

Yay how exciting! Only other thing I could think of to tell you guys is in case you haven't heard of the C25K program it is a 9 week training program to get you up off the couch & to be able to run 5kms.

Tarz wrote:
Cass and I will be doing our training on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays starting this afternoon and we will let you all know how we are doing. Have I missed anything Cass?

We're doing it Wed, Fri & Sun (today is Wed although I really wish it was Thursday) lol :lol:

I'm super pumped to try it out & will let you know how the first session goes this afternoon. :mrgreen: :D 8) Good luck Tara & I can't wait to hear how you went too.

Anyone who wants to join in please do, the more the merrier!!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Wed May 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Cac33 wrote:Tarz wrote:

We're doing it Wed, Fri & Sun (today is Wed although I really wish it was Thursday) lol

Ooopppsss :oops:
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:50 am

I posted this in my normal thread but I should have posted here too.

Well I just did the c25k & boy did it feel good!! I checked & I walk/jogged 3kms which is about my average anyway but I was much more in control of my breathing & did the full 60 sec without needing to stop earlier than that. Pretty stoked with that considering that was only the first session. The music is good too because it really gets you going & keeps you going at a good pace.

Week one podcast consists of 5 min warm up walk, 8 x 60 sec running followed by 8 x 90 sec walking, then finish off with a 5 min cool down walk.

Feeling pretty good today, not to sore but could definately feel my thighs burning when I started walking again this morning.
Cass

Cac33

Postby Tarz » Thu May 08, 2008 10:02 am

I also completed session 1 last night and was happy with it, although i really need to find a flatter course, way to much up hill!

The podcast is easy to follow and the music is okay. Upbeat and suitable for running.

Cac33 wrote:Feeling pretty good today, not to sore but could definately feel my thighs burning when I started walking again this morning.

I'm not sure if i am sore at all from the jogging cos my muscles are still sore from the pt session on Monday.
Tarz

Postby shelbel » Thu May 08, 2008 11:46 am

Good job girls! Your going to be joining the running brigade on here soon! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Cac33 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:04 pm

shelbel wrote:Good job girls! Your going to be joining the running brigade on here soon! LOL

Thanks Shelley!!!

I just went for my second c25k session & it was great!! I was a little worried I wouldn't do so well as I walked 6kms this morning to work but I did better than last time!! Last time I did exacly 3kms today I did 3.3kms in the same time (30mins).
Legs are burning today & I was dripping in sweat by the time I finished but well worth it. I have burnt off over 600 cals today!!! Woohoo

I just realised that means I did 9.3kms today which is almost the same distance of the b2b! haha now I just need to be able to run the whole time & do it in one go!! Well I've still got months to master that one!

Good luck for tonight Tara, I'm sure you'll be racing up those hills!
Cass

Cac33

Postby Cac33 » Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Just did last session of week one, was going really well, each time the 60sec was finished I was like oh over already!! Was totally pumped to start week two podcast on Wednesday until I was just finished 6th interval & stepped from the road to grass to foot path I slightly rolled my ankle. The bloody grass was deceiving (sp?) & it was un even so I slightly rolled my ankle. It hurt a bit to start with but kept walking & it seemed ok so I just took it slowly on the last 2 intervals. Was feeling ok & elevated it & put ice on soon as I got home. Have had some arnica tablets so will hopefully be ok & will just give it a full rest tomorrow & just do some strength training I think.

Pretty p!ssed off to be honest because I was doing really well & hopefully this will be all ok in a day or so.

Tara how did you go?
Cass

Cac33

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Congrats on finishing week 1 Cass and Tara.

Tara looking forward to hearing your recap of week 1 :D

Cass, rest that ankle sweets and fingers crossed by Wednesday your ankle will be healed up and won't cause any discomfort or disruption to your running.

Keep up the great work girls :mrgreen:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby milkyway » Sun May 11, 2008 6:47 pm

Whoo hoo! More runners amongst us. Way to go, Cass and Tara - I look forward to reading about your progress on the C25km program.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Cac33 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:31 am

OMG I'm over the moon this morning. I forgot to track my run yesterday so I just did it now & yesterday I ran 3.7kms in 30 mins (with a sore ankle for the last say 8 or so minutes)!!!

This is my running record for week one (30 mins)
Wed - 3kms
Fri - 3.3kms
Sun - 3.7kms

I'm so surprised I ran that far to be honest because I was breathing so well my stride was consistant & wasn't sweating any where near as much. Some how I think I'm getting fitter!! Makes sense but still feels really odd!
Cass

Cac33

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon May 12, 2008 4:31 pm

You've done so well Cass - I'm jealous!!

Just got back from the osteo, and until we find out what's causing my feet to hurt, he's recommended that I do something other than walking ie. swimming or cycling, so I'm not pounding my feet. I'll see what the podiatrist says on Wednesday, but I'm a bit bummed out that I can't even go walking!!

Glad it's going so well for both you and Tara, and hopefully I'll be able to join in soon!! Keep it up!!

Lisa xx :D

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby LillyPilly » Tue May 13, 2008 10:54 am

Well done on your running.
LillyPilly

Postby Cac33 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:19 pm

wilmawalrus wrote:You've done so well Cass - I'm jealous!!

Just got back from the osteo, and until we find out what's causing my feet to hurt, he's recommended that I do something other than walking ie. swimming or cycling, so I'm not pounding my feet. I'll see what the podiatrist says on Wednesday, but I'm a bit bummed out that I can't even go walking!!

Glad it's going so well for both you and Tara, and hopefully I'll be able to join in soon!! Keep it up!!

Lisa xx :D

Not good Lisa, take it easy & listen to the doctor. You can join our challenge at any time so don't rush it just let your feet get better. :D :wink:

LillyPilly wrote:Well done on your running.

Thanks Lillypilly!! :D

Ankle is doing heaps better, just a little sore on the outerside of my calf muscle. Think it got a little strained when I rolled my ankle but its not to sore to walk on or anything just a bit of discomfort.
Bring on week two! Looking forward to tomorrows run.
Cass

Cac33

Postby Tarz » Wed May 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi girls

I haven't been around too much over the past few days but doesn't mean i haven't been doing the jogs.
I did all of week 1 last week and will be starting week 2 this arvo on an extended route, i found last week it was the perfect length, i would start from the front door of the apartment block and finish right when i got back to my street so with more jogging will need more distance so my distance will be 4.68km.

Still need to download the podcast this week (haven't had time) but looking forward to do it.

Lisa it would be great if you could join but listen to your osteo and podiatrist, they know whats best for you and youu can always do it later, i'm sure Cass and i will update our jogging on here even after we finish the challange so you can start at anytime.

Goodluck for your run Cass you must be going on it soon.
Tarz

Next

Return to Challenges