It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:24 am

Free Newsletter

Cass & Tara's C25K Challange

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cass & Tara's C25K Challange

Postby Cac33 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:39 am

Yeah its pretty similar, week 3 is:

Warm up walk 5min
run 90sec
walk 90sec
run 3min
walk 3min
run 90sec
walk 90sec
run 3min
cool down walk 5min

Good on you for doing it on the treadmill as an alternative because it's too cold/dark outside.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:43 pm

GUESS WHAT!!! I've just done my first c25k run!!! It wasn't too bad - my hips and pelvis felt like they were weighted down with lead :( but I kept going, and heated up very well (the wind is freezing today!)

I'm off to the osteo now for a checkup, so hopefully he can loosen me up in the middle. I'm going to do week 1 for two weeks, as I will do today and Wednesday but the next day I can do is Saturday, so will do Sat, Mon and Wed as the three days.

Woo hoo!! Back on track!

Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:57 pm

ok guys....ive taken longer to do the weeks because ive had things interrupt my schedule....and i wanted to do more sessions.
I did week 4 session 1 yesterday....1st 5 min run i finished but the second i couldnt....my lungs were ok to keep going but my legs gave up on me!
Tomorrow is session 2...will c how it goes. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby ali76 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:59 pm

ooohhh.....I might need to get on this band wagon...
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Hey guys I started week 3 today and loved it!!
Its odd but I'm kinda not feeling this week as tough as last week, not sure if its a change in fitness levels, or mindset...possibly a bit of both. But either way I can't wait for my next run! Seriously need some new joggers tho... Oh and I'm thinking about doing the bridge to brisbane as I just found out they have a 5km option and I think I could manage that :) Anyone else doing it this year?
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Cac33 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 am

wilmawalrus wrote:GUESS WHAT!!! I've just done my first c25k run!!! It wasn't too bad - my hips and pelvis felt like they were weighted down with lead :( but I kept going, and heated up very well (the wind is freezing today!)

I'm off to the osteo now for a checkup, so hopefully he can loosen me up in the middle. I'm going to do week 1 for two weeks, as I will do today and Wednesday but the next day I can do is Saturday, so will do Sat, Mon and Wed as the three days.

Woo hoo!! Back on track!

Lisa xx

Lisa sorry I only just saw your post - well done!!! That's so exciting because I know you have been wanting to do it but haven't been able to do due to injury. How did you go at the osteo? Set for your next run today?

Siana-leah wrote:ok guys....ive taken longer to do the weeks because ive had things interrupt my schedule....and i wanted to do more sessions.
I did week 4 session 1 yesterday....1st 5 min run i finished but the second i couldnt....my lungs were ok to keep going but my legs gave up on me!
Tomorrow is session 2...will c how it goes. :D

Hey Siana don't worry I'm about to start week 4 too & am very behind because I haven't been doing it regularly enough. Good luck for your second session & let me know how you went.

ali76 wrote:ooohhh.....I might need to get on this band wagon...

Yeah why not Ali? If you can do bootcamp you can do c25k

hippy_shake wrote:Hey guys I started week 3 today and loved it!!
Its odd but I'm kinda not feeling this week as tough as last week, not sure if its a change in fitness levels, or mindset...possibly a bit of both. But either way I can't wait for my next run! Seriously need some new joggers tho... Oh and I'm thinking about doing the bridge to brisbane as I just found out they have a 5km option and I think I could manage that :) Anyone else doing it this year?

I love week 3 too & found it easier than week 2 for some reason. I was going to do b2b but I'm going to be in India that date. Good luck though if you decide to do it

I'm waiting for my ankle to heal a bit before I start doing c25k again. I over did it with a 4km run then 4km walk back on Saturday & seem to have done some muscle damage :evil: So not happy jan.
Cass

Cac33

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:45 am

Yep, I'm set!! Going to the osteo was good on Monday as I had a massage which I'm positive stopped my legs from becoming too sore (they were a little bit sore above the knees). I just did a few stretches yesterday (ran out of time for Pilates proper), so I'm ready to go - planning for mid-morning when it's a little warmer.

Hope your ankle comes good quickly Cass!

Lisa xx

wilmawalrus

Postby Siana-leah » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:59 pm

Well done to everyone thats still in it and starting it....
i did week 4 session 2 today...and i made it!! :D :D I just kept pushing and made it....
the great thing about this program is that you feel a great sense of achievement each week. I am especially happy that i can now jog for 5 mins at a time...
i cant remember the last time i did that! I always avoided running like the plague.
Anyway...i think i may do an extra session or two of week 4 and after that i may have to go back and do it again cos i have to get my wisdom teeth taken out on the 23rd so i dont think ill be able to do much for about a week :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 pm

I did my second session on Wednesday, and am amazed I'm not sore!!! I keep running out of time to do much in the way of stretches on the days in between, but even so, I'm really fine today.

I'm so impressed that it's so doable!!

wilmawalrus

Postby Cac33 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:31 am

Well done girls!!! Great news, you're both doing fantastically!!

My ankle is still giving me grief so will need to hold off for a little bit longer I think :x
Cass

Cac33

Postby Zoe2312 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:59 pm

I've just been checking out the C25K website and I'm going to give it a go too! Running is my biggest challenge so hopeuflly this will give me the boost and training I need!! :D :D
Zoe2312

Postby GumBoots » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:54 pm

I am starting again tonight. I havent had a proper run since last month and I now have my new ipod so nothing to stop me.
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby Zoe2312 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:01 am

i did my first session on saturday! doingmy second tonight! woo hoo! it wasn't to bad at all :D
Zoe2312

Previous

Return to Challenges