It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 am

Free Newsletter

Cass & Tara's C25K Challange

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cass & Tara's C25K Challange

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:53 pm

You girls are doing great :D

I love reading about your C25K progress
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby GumBoots » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:12 pm

I started week 3 here tonight. I thought it was great. I want to do it more than 3 days a week but was told I shouldnt over do it...lol
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:01 am

Well done Gumboots!! You're doing so so so well!! I'm planning on starting week 3 at some point this week too. Just need to find some time between moving house etc!!

Yeah don't do more than 3 times a week otherwise it won't give your body time to heal before the next session.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby GumBoots » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Tomorrow I am doing day 3 of week 3. Really excited as I am finding it quite "easy"
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby Jayla » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi Guys
I started the C25K last week and today just finished my third run - yay!! Week 1 down, starting week 2 on Tuesday.

I really like this running program - I have downloaded the pod casts which makes it sooooo much easier, I don't have to keep looking at my watch all the time.

When I started last week I was really puffed out after the first run (which shows how unfit I am!!). I thought I might not be able to move on to week 2 straight away, and that I would have to do week 1 over two weeks to get my fitness back up. But today, while I was running my third run I felt really good, and actually felt like I wanted to keep going after the time was up - so I guess I am ready to move on to week 2. I'm pretty chuffed about that :D

I will keep you posted on how I go with the rest of it.

J :mrgreen:
[/url]
Jayla

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Well done guys!
Im back at week 1 cos i was lazy for a few weeks. session 3 today....i love running! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby hippy_shake » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:39 am

Hey guys,

Hope you don't mind if I join you? I have managed to get myself signed up to a triathlon (dads idea not mine) and am doing the running leg in our team, which means I need to be able to run 10km (or as close to it) by the first weekend in November. I think I have enough time? I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in aaages and ran for 10mins straight, which came up as 1.16km but I know I was alot better than that when I was going to the gym more often, so I'm going to do spin classes (as I was told alot of triathletes do them) and also alot of jogging in the gym, but also do the c25k which I think I'm starting this afternoon. Just wondering, do any of you guys feel a huge difference between running on a treadmill and just running out in the real world? I know I do- I could run for 20mins on a treadmill but not even half that out on the road. Oh and I was also wondering which c25k you guys use? there seems to be a few different ones with different music so was wondering if you could tell me which one you find the best.

Love, Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Cac33 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:04 am

Hey Jane

I'm still doing C25k but haven't been able to do it 3 times a week lately so haven't really progressed. Each time I run though I seem to be able to last each interval easier than the last & breathing has got a lot better too.
I couldn't tell you whether it is easier on the treadmill as I only have run outside.

I use Robert Ullery podcasts which is the first link on the http://www.c25k.com website. Music is ok. Maybe just download a couple & listen to which you like best.

Good luck with your training & let us know how you go!!

Cheers
Cass
Cass

Cac33

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Hey I did my first run today and it was great!! well, more to the point it was really challenging from about halfway through but I loved it :D and the music is pretty good too, I found the changes in music were so well placed and really helped me push through the last few intervals. Am planning on doing my second run on thursday and am going to focus on making my walks more "brisk" cuz atm its like run run run....collapse :P well not quite, but i'm sure you guys know what I mean :lol:
Looking forward to progressing through the weeks, hope everyones going great with wherever you guys are up to with it :)
Love, Jane

hippy_shake

Postby GumBoots » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:24 am

Hi ladies. I havent run since I went on holidays. It was my plan to run while away but the city was too overwhelming for me so I just stuck to walking.
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:37 am

Hey I did session 2 of week 1 today, technically was supposed to be at the gym but I've lost my keys and they have my swipe card on there...so I decided I'd just do the c25k again until I can find my keys tomorrow! Found it really good, still very challenging but I found that my recovery time is improving so thats good :) Is there a huge difference between week 1 and week 2? I'm glad to have another session of week one left before I try advancing any further :)

hippy_shake

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:17 pm

Finished week 1 and am still loving it :) I can definitely notice an increase in fitness and recovery time even just comparing the three sessions I've done so far. Almost didn't do my run today as it was POURING rain but then it eased off a bit and I just went anyway and it turned out great...well my legs and hands were totally numb for the first bit but by the end I was nice and warm :)

Was wondering tho, do you guys who have gym memberships do c25k and the gym in one day? Its just that I did my exercise timetable and I don't seem to be getting much gym time in at the moment cuz I was either doing c25k or going to the gym, but I thought that maybe if I did the running in the morning and then a weights or group class at the gym at night I wouldn't get too worn out? I know you can go into starvation mode by not eating enough, but is it similar with exercise that your body will stop giving you results if you do too much? I don't think a 30min c25k and then maybe hour at the gym is excessive tho (not everday though and making sure I do have rest days)...but would like to get your opinions.

hippy_shake

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:23 pm

hippy_shake wrote:Finished week 1 and am still loving it :) I can definitely notice an increase in fitness and recovery time even just comparing the three sessions I've done so far. Almost didn't do my run today as it was POURING rain but then it eased off a bit and I just went anyway and it turned out great...well my legs and hands were totally numb for the first bit but by the end I was nice and warm :)

Was wondering tho, do you guys who have gym memberships do c25k and the gym in one day? Its just that I did my exercise timetable and I don't seem to be getting much gym time in at the moment cuz I was either doing c25k or going to the gym, but I thought that maybe if I did the running in the morning and then a weights or group class at the gym at night I wouldn't get too worn out? I know you can go into starvation mode by not eating enough, but is it similar with exercise that your body will stop giving you results if you do too much? I don't think a 30min c25k and then maybe hour at the gym is excessive tho (not everday though and making sure I do have rest days)...but would like to get your opinions.

Oh your a good girl for running even in the crap weather! Think I should do the same at lunch time too.

Yeah I usually do strength on the days I do C25K too. You just don't want to wear out the same muscles so I usally do upper body strength.

Glad to hear its going so well for you Jane.
Cass

Cac33

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:02 pm

As much as I didn't want to I went for a run at lunch time. It briefly stopped raining although it was still quite cold & very very windy but I made myself go out there & do it.

I progressed to week 3 podcast & was happily surprised that I lasted all intervals without needing to stop early (even the 3min intervals), breathing was good & legs were sluggish towards the end but I pushed on. Was really happy with it & am looking forward to doing again on Wednesday. :mrgreen:
Cass

Cac33

Postby Tarz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:32 am

Just thought i would report i have started doing my own version of C25K without the podcast, because its too cold outside and too dark i have done it on the treadmill at the gym and preset the times but have had to alter the times because can only have whole minutes. So i have been doing my own version of week 3 i think. This is what i have been doing.
walk 4 min (i htink 5 is too long)
run 2 min
walk 2 min
run 3 min
walk 3 min
run 3 min
walk 2 min
run 2 min
walk 4 min

Should i actually have another interval in there or is that right? I have lost the sheet i had that said what each week consisted of.
I'm gonna be doing it Mon, Wed, Fri. I started it on Friday and did it again yesterday and i manage both times but very puffed by the end. After i got off the treadmill i went to the bathroom to wash my face to help cool me down and my face and chest were so red.
Tarz

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges