It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:16 am

Free Newsletter

Get gorgeous for spring!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Get gorgeous for spring!

Postby surfchick33 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:29 am

Hello, I'm new to this forum & I thought it a great idea to start a "get fit for spring" team.

My background is that I suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) - so weight is always an issue for me.

But not any more! I'm determined to change my attitiude & change my life. I want to look great, feel healthy & wear a god damn T shirt in Spring without feeling self conscious about my arms!

I've just joined a program called MassAttack - my endo said they can help with my PCOS.

Anyhow, who's going to take the challenge with me and look gorgeous this Spring? Come on girls, let's cut some grunt & show to ourselves what we're made of!

Let'sunleash the 'inner goddess within!'

Weight 80kg
Exercise - walking, spin class
Aim 65kg
surfchick33

Re: Get gorgeous for spring!

Postby ali76 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:05 am

Hey surf chick!

I'm in! My exercise is still a little limited at the moment as still slowly getting over an accident (I was hit by a car!!) but I've joined a brand new gym that opens on the 11th August - so just in time :P

Between now and then though, I'm going to concentrate on healthy eating and start walking every day (i walk most days but not every day) and on the days its raining, I'll go on the cross trainer.

Look out for the hot spring chicks!!!

Ali
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Minni3068 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Hey, I'm in ... Purrr, look out for the sexy minx this spring. I'm going to really get down & move this weight this Spring. But I'm simply not going to chat unless we are positive, and focused on looking great. :D

After many years of drama, failed diets & grizzling, this is my time to shine and it's also yours.

So let's get moving girls ... :wink:

x
Minni3068

Postby surfchick33 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Hey ali, you poor darling!!! A friend of mine is also recovering from a taxi incident - remember, you can still excercise, its about finding what works best for where your health is at. Eating healthy foods is a great way to start feeling positive about your health.

Minni, you are far too funny ... sexy minx for spring! As long as I don't get mistaken for a dolphin in my wetsuit I'm happy!

Which brings me to the topic of the recent stats released that so few of us women think we are beautiful ... probably right. WICH IS SO VERY WRONG!!!

I think the healthier I feel, the more beautiful I feel .. what do you think?

So as much as I'm in this to lose weight, I really am in it to look & most importantly feel beautiful. I don't a the moment ... but watch out when I do! Meow!

cio :P
surfchick33

Postby Boo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:27 pm

I would like to join too please :D

I also have pcos, so I am kind of following a diabetics eating plan :), as with 'diets' I GAIN weight rather than LOSE weight.
Boo

Postby surfchick33 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Hey boo, no problems ... how much do you have to lose? What have you tried so far?
surfchick33

Postby Tarz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Hey Surf Chick,

I'm in too but not to lose weight. Even though it would be a positive i'm joining because of the comment you made:
surfchick33 wrote:So as much as I'm in this to lose weight, I really am in it to look & most importantly feel beautiful. I don't a the moment ... but watch out when I do! Meow!

I am joining to help me feel better about myself, toning, eating well and all that jazz. I want to look good for Spring and although i am close to my goal weight my body fat is still to high so i am not looking at losing until that percentage is in a correct spot. And i want to be a sexy minx too.

Good luck girls
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:17 pm

I just came up with a goal for myself. To fit into a gorgeous frock for the Spring racing carnival (legs toned not stumpy looking/ they will not resemble salami anymore!) and reward will be a day at the races look stunning.
Tarz

Postby surfchick33 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Hey Tarz,

I agree, spring racing carnival is a really good goal. As for the salami legs ... walk baby walk! Ytru to do 8kms at a time, even just once a week will help to tone them. Twice is always better though!

I've started a saving account & depositing the amount that I would normally spend on take away & booze into it. It will be my "new frock & sexy minx outfit fund".

So far i've eposited $120 .. not bad I think!

Hey boo - what's happening?

Ps - I'm only going to weigh myself on a Friday .... wish me luck girls!
surfchick33

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Hey surfchick count me in!!

I'm also in the 'My winter challenge' but i figure it can't hurt to be in both?
Do you surf? Lol my forum name is usually 'wannabeasurfer' we have the kombi and the surfboard, but atm am still very much a learner! Can't wait till this summer tho, I'm gonna be fit and ready to hit the waves :)
Also I noticed we have the same starting weight and same goal weight! So thats pretty cool :)
So are we doing any specific group challenges in this thread, or just gonna work it out as we go?
Hope you guys all have a fantastic week!

Love Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Tarz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:57 am

Hey surf chick, i already do lots of walking and jogging, i have started doing mor strength in an attempt to tone them but i think i have just been born with solid legs, but no bother i will focus on my good features. 8)
The depositing money idea is really good, and you could end up getting alot saved up, but all my moeny is currently being poured into my wedding fund but when i find a dress that is perfect i will be making a debit from that fund. :mrgreen:
So whats everyones plans to make themselves sexy minxes for Spring?
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Hey girls how are you going? Any updates?
I'm happy to say that i am still toning up and going dress shopping hopefully this weekend or the next.
Tarz

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi surfchick33, I'm a pcos sufferer too. Doesn't it suck, not getting periods, I've only been given a 2% chance on ever conceiving and that's even on IVF :(, the hair growth, the depression, the hormones going crazy and taking over :twisted:, the acne . I've been on a number of different pills to try regulate my cycle unfortunately my body reacts badly to the pill. Last year I can count on three fingers the number of times I got my period. My doc told me to eat low GI foods as it would help with my pcos. I haven't been told about massattck- can you tell me a little bit about this? Might need to google it and if it does have great success for pcos sufferer i might need to look at going on this program. Anyways, i like your idea of looking gorgeous for spring. As you would know losing weight for us sufferers is very hard, its going to be a constant battle to keep the weight down in saying this i'm in on the challenge. 1st day of spring is september 1st so 2 months on working on a gorgeousness here we come. :mrgreen:
Strawberry

Return to Challenges