It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Free Newsletter

18 Week Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

18 Week Challenge

Postby Trace » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi all, I am only new to this website, but I want to get motivated straight away and start loosing those unwanted kilo's that I have put on. Is anyone interested in undertaking a 12 week challenge with me starting on Monday 21st July? I think it would be nice to have someone to chat and keep motivated with. It is always hard to do it by yourself, but i have found that if I see someone losing weight faster or better than myself, it will entice me to work harder.
Let me know if anyone is interested in undertaking this challenge with me. I am hoping to lose atleast 10kg during this time if I can stick to a good routine. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whJgqyd/]
Trace

Re: 18 Week Challenge

Postby V-Woman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:19 am

Hi Trace,
Count me in on your challenge. I'm hoping to get to 80kg. The mutual support will definately help. Let me know how you are hoping to lsoe weight and if you have any good secrets!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whLv5XG/]
[/url]
V-Woman

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:48 am

Hi Trace, I would love to join the challange. I'v e been on the forum for 1 month now and i havent joined any of the previous challenges, but now is the time to do it. So count me in.

Question: is it 12 or 18 weeks? The title of the thread says 18, but u say 12 in your invitation. Either way i'm in.
12 weeks would take us from Mon 21st July to Mon 13th Oct.
18 weeks would take us from Mon 21st July to Mon 24th Nov 2008.

I would really like to be down to 60 by the end of this challenge and i think this will be just the motivation i need.

I must just warn u that i may be M.I.A for a few days from the 26th of July. I'm moving to Japan. So, i'll get back to the forum as soon as i've set up an internet connection and all those necessary things. But, i'll definitely try to use internet cafes and the like so that i can post as often as possible.

I'm so excited!!!!!

Here's to weightloss ;-) ;-) ;-)

kat

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:57 am

Just an after thought: Good thing we're starting on Monday coz i'm having my farewell party this Saturday (19th). There is going to be copious amounts of alcohol and brazillian food (we're going to a Brazillian restaurant here in Joburg).

I dont think the scale will forgive me wen i weigh in on Monday morning. But, i will try my best to be sensible and stay within my calorie allocation.....yikes!!!!

Wish me luck ;-) ;-) ;-)

kat

Hurricane Katrina

Postby Shalimar » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:38 am

I'm already doing the 100kgs. by Christmas and the 12 week challenge but best of luck to you ladies willing to go for it.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:28 pm

Shalimar wrote:I'm already doing the 100kgs. by Christmas and the 12 week challenge but best of luck to you ladies willing to go for it.

Thanks, Shalimar. And best of luck for ur challenge! U know, i got a fright yetserday coz i realised that xmas is only 23 weeks away!!!! EEEKKK!!! And then it made me think of how much of the year i've already wasted in terms of my weightloss!! I'm kicking it up a notch and get into "kick-ass-mode" ;-) ;-)

kat

Hurricane Katrina

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:44 am

Hurricane Katrina wrote:
Shalimar wrote:I'm already doing the 100kgs. by Christmas and the 12 week challenge but best of luck to you ladies willing to go for it.

Thanks, Shalimar. And best of luck for ur challenge! U know, i got a fright yetserday coz i realised that xmas is only 23 weeks away!!!! EEEKKK!!! And then it made me think of how much of the year i've already wasted in terms of my weightloss!! I'm kicking it up a notch and get into "kick-ass-mode" ;-) ;-)

kat

I'm like that , it's either kick ass mode or sloth mode. At the beginning of the year I decided it was time for kick ass mode.
I wish you all the luck with your challenge.
23 weeks until Christmas. Yikes :? .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi Ladies,

I hope the 12/18 week challange has started well for you thus far. I survived my farewell party and was quite well behaved mite i add ;-) ;-) Infact, i've even lost o.5 kilo since last week's weigh in ;-) ;-)

So, i'm starting this challenge at 67.5kg and will be aiming to be 60kg by the end. I think its very do-able. I'm so amped and excited!!! Now to throw some exercise in.......... :twisted:

Best of luck ;-) ;-)

kat

Hurricane Katrina

Postby V-Woman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Well Done! I've just gone out and bought some reliable scales. I'll do my weigh in in the morning and from then on, on Mondays. My last weight was taken last wedesday so that's kind of in between. Let you know the scores on the doors tomorrow. Off to gym tonight. Wishing you all a good week. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whLv5XG/]
[/url]
V-Woman

Postby Trace » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:50 am

Hurricane Katrina wrote:Hi Trace, I would love to join the challange. I'v e been on the forum for 1 month now and i havent joined any of the previous challenges, but now is the time to do it. So count me in.

Question: is it 12 or 18 weeks? The title of the thread says 18, but u say 12 in your invitation. Either way i'm in.
12 weeks would take us from Mon 21st July to Mon 13th Oct.
18 weeks would take us from Mon 21st July to Mon 24th Nov 2008.

I would really like to be down to 60 by the end of this challenge and i think this will be just the motivation i need.

I must just warn u that i may be M.I.A for a few days from the 26th of July. I'm moving to Japan. So, i'll get back to the forum as soon as i've set up an internet connection and all those necessary things. But, i'll definitely try to use internet cafes and the like so that i can post as often as possible.

I'm so excited!!!!!

Here's to weightloss ;-) ;-) ;-)

kat

Hi All,

Sorry about the confusion Kat. I want to do an 18 week challenge, but I begin my 12 week challenge at my local gym on the 1 September and thought "why not start now" and make it an 18 week challenge. I thought it would be good so I can see what weight I lose on my own, before participating at the gym, and see what difference it really does make to go to the gym.
I have a treadmill at home, but that is it.
I was unfortunatley sick yesturday so I didn't get to weigh in, but weight today is at the 87.5kg. I can't wait to be back into the 60's. Good luck
Trace

Postby Trace » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 am

I have started off this week slow. I have the flu and was bed confined yesturday so I did not weigh in. I don't know how all these cold and flu tablets are going to contribute to the weightloss this week, but we will see. I have started, as of today, a low calorie and low carbohydrate plan. I am going to try for the next 10 days to keep my calories at 1500 or below, carbs at 200 or below and fat 200 or below. My biggest hurdle is that of not being able to have an alcoholic beverage!
It is so nice to come home from work and have a glass of wine or beer, but I think for the sake of my health, that I will have to fofiet this treat for the time being until I am happier and healthier than ever. I also hope that maybe I learn to live without it. :-0
Also on my agenda this week, is to try and do atleast one hour of exercise a day and for me, it will be walking on a treadmill at about 6km / hour for an hour. Again, I kinda buggered this up yesturday with being sick :cry: .
I am really glad to see a few people taking interest in my challenge, and hope that I can be of much help and support to you as you are hopefully going to be for me!
Good luck for the rest of the week!

START DATE: 21.07.2008 (87.3kg)
WEIGH IN: 28.07.2008
Trace

Postby V-Woman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Everyone,
So I gor the new scales and start weight for the challenge is 91.4. I hope to get to 80kg. Going to gym 3 times a week and watching what I eat. Good luck to all and hope you are feeling better Trace.
Veronica
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whLv5XG/]
[/url]
V-Woman

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:49 pm

Trace wrote:Sorry about the confusion Kat. I want to do an 18 week challenge, but I begin my 12 week challenge at my local gym on the 1 September and thought "why not start now" and make it an 18 week challenge.

Oh, ok. I'm with you now ;-) That will be very interesting to see how well you do on your own.

Trace wrote:I have started off this week slow. I have the flu and was bed confined yesturday so I did not weigh in. I don't know how all these cold and flu tablets are going to contribute to the weightloss this week, but we will see

Shame Trace. Being sick is the pitts! I was down the whole of last week wit flu. It makes u feel sluggish and just down right wretched. But i still managed to lose a bit of weight, so dont despair!! Hope u get better soon ;-)

V-Woman wrote:Well Done! I've just gone out and bought some reliable scales.

Thanks Veronica. Funnily enough, i was also looking to buy some new scales yesterday. I'm tired of the old manual scales and wanna buy a set of digital scales. So, i went to the store and checked out some prices. But then i decided not to buy one coz i'm having such a nightmare with packing for the move and staying within th luggage weight limit (which is only 20kg for Cathay Pacific!!!! EEEEEEEKKK!!!!). So, in order to reduce the burden, i'm gonna buy a new set of scales a soon as i'm in Japan. I have to get the rest of my things shipped to me during the course of the next 2 months.

Trace wrote:I have started, as of today, a low calorie and low carbohydrate plan. I am going to try for the next 10 days to keep my calories at 1500 or below, carbs at 200 or below and fat 200 or below. My biggest hurdle is that of not being able to have an alcoholic beverage!

As for my plan of action: I'm also aiming to keep my calorie intake to 1500 or less with a specific focus on limiting the following weaknesses: bread (i eat way too much of it) and carbs in general, and cheese (one of my vices). And of course. i'm gonna throw in some walking/jogging for the first few weeks. I'll try to aim for 45 mins of exercise, 5 days a week. As for the alcohol, i know how u feel since we all like a glass of wine at the end of a long day. We tell ourselves that its to "take the edge off", but we just end up over-indulging. Cutting alcohol out completely can be hard and it can make you feel miserable or like ur missing out. So, if you want to, I would suggest that you perhaps leave it as a treat for the weekend. That's what i do nowadays. It works coz at least u dont feel like ur missing out and it wont realy derail you from ur weightloss if you make it a part of ur calorie allocation for Friday and/or Sat.

Lastly, i must just share with u what i did last night: I decided to take "before" photos of myself. Boy did i get the shock of my life!!! Its funny to see a picture of yourself coz that's a reflection of how the world see's you, which is far different from how you see yourself!!! I know i'm overweight (i'm very short), but i didnt think i was that FAT!!!! I felt gutted after looking at the pics i took! It made me feel so depressed that i wanted to just stuff my face with food (ironic since that's what's got me here in the first place). But, i didnt. Instead i sent myself off to bed so that i wouldnt have a comfort binge. As i lay in bed, i thought about the options that i have: 1) i can either throw in the towel and concede that i have a lot of work to do and simply carry on in my unhealthy ways and continue being fat and unhappy, or 2) i can accept this mammoth challenge (well, it seems like a mammoth task) and just get on with the business of turning my life around and regaining some self-esteemback into my life! Option 2 made me very excited and i feel more determined than ever. As much as the photos depressed me, i'm glad i took them so that i could see where i am staring from. If i'm diligemt about my weightloss efforts, i'll be able to look at those pics at the end of this challenge and see what a difference i've made to my body :P

Sorry for rambling.

Enjoy the rest of your day ladies. Keep going.

kat ;-) ;-) ;-)

Hurricane Katrina

Postby Trace » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi Kat, I know exactly what you mean! I just got married and we got the photo's back and I am so ashamed of what I have become. I am so dissappointed that when we look back on our wedding photo's I am going to see this huge white blob. However, I do think if I lose all this weight, I can look back and say, "hey, look how much weight I have lost". It isn't until you see yourself through a photo (mirror's don't count as you can see what you want to see) that you get the real picture of what other people see you as. There was a time when I was a nice weight (bout a size 12), and I always covered up thinking I was fat and now, I wear whatever I want and look terrible and when I look back on those size 12 photo's I think to myself "why did i not wear something more flattering?"
I am going to take some before photo's of me tonight and take some measurements of my body and see how we go. I am one of those people that donn 't have a lot of patience for weight loss and I get really bored really quick if I am not seeing results. I have yo-yo dieted for a long time, I only hope that I can commit myself to this challenge! I want to be Thin and Healthy again.
As much as I encourage myself up to start losing weight, it is so hard to start off. For example, this morning I was planning on getting out of bed early to walk for an hour on the treadmill but it was so cold and the bed was so warm and comfortable, I didn't get out. I am so annoyed with myself now that I couldn't get my lazy butt out of bed to do a little exercise. This flu isn't helping the situation either.
Trace

Postby V-Woman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:20 am

Hi Ladies,
I hope your week is going well. Photos are a great motivator aren't they. We were just on holidays and looking at me in the photos was scarey but motivating also.
As for my wedding, I was so stressed about losing weight I think I ended up putting on weight! Typical.
Good luck with the move Kat, on Sat I think you said. I'm a Melbourne Girl but living in Germany for 2 years with my husbands work. Since being here I've put on 6 kg so want to lose that and some. There is always an excuse to try some new food but figure after being here for 7 months now I can't use that anymore.
Sounds like you are both on pretty strict diets. I'm doing a lower Carb Version of Weight watchers but also having meal replacement shakes for 1-2 meals a day. Trying to take my mind off thinking about food all the time.
Well, better go but have a good week.
Veronica
V-Woman

Next

Return to Challenges