It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Seeking Words of Encouragement Buddy!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Seeking Words of Encouragement Buddy!

Postby hippy_chick » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:34 am

Hi! This isn't a challenge as such, but just a little idea I wanted to try out.

I'd like someone to team up with to exchange a daily 'mantra' with. I was thinking today, I would like to have a little mantra/challenge to set the mood for the day. I am fine for breakfast, but would love to get to work to have a little sentence of encouragement, or some other challenge, or both, waiting for me.

So, I would like to team up with just one person; I'll send you an email and you can send me one! You can do it at night; I live in the UK so the time difference would work well.

The type of little comment that could sometimes be useful is 'Every little bit counts!' or... something 'spiritual' like, 'Your body is your temple' or... 'You are what you eat!' etc etc. The options are limitless and imagination would be great. Maybe also a challenge: '200 sit ups' or 'fit a walk into your day, 'No non-fruit snacking!' etc.

I'd like someone to help me, and I'd like to help and encourage someone else too. So let me know if this sounds interesting to you - I work in an office so have no problem sending an email at LEAST 5 days out of 7, if not the whole 7.

So let me know if you're keen :)
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Re: Seeking Words of Encouragement Buddy!

Postby Indi3 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 am

HI Hippy CHick ! SOunds good.. I get it and think its a great idea.. you can check in with someone each day to keep you in track.. its the whole idea of accountability.

So were you thinking of having 1 mantra a day and 1 thing to do ie daily mantra : "No non fruit snacking" and 'daily do' - 200 sits ups..

I'm keen.. let me know how you want to work this..

Indi :)

i tried to PM you but it wouldnt work :( If you can pM me with your email details etc.. we can go from there..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Re: Seeking Words of Encouragement Buddy!

Postby hippy_chick » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:06 am

Cool!! You're on! I'll PM you now :)
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Return to Challenges