It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Six-Week Winner Takes All Challenge - this is it!!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Sarah's Six-Week Winner Takes All Challenge - this is it!!

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Ok, I've officially cracked it with my stupid, stupid body. I'm laying down the law and telling it who's in charge :twisted:

I'm going to put in 6 weeks worth of my very best efforts and see what I can to do shift this awful pudgy fatty gross stuff that's landed all around my body, and stuck there. I don't want it, don't need it!! Grrrr!

So at the end of the 6 weeks, there's two options:
1. I'm feeling lighter, thinner, happier and full of energy and enthusiasm for life. My reward: A night of partying at the Make A Wish Ball (have a guess - Vanessa Amorosi of course!) on 13th September - $210 per ticket
2. I fail miserably and I'm fatter than ever. My punishment: I go under the knife and get the fat sucked out of me! - $9,000 :shock:

Cripes off I go to the gym!!!!! I like the $200 option far better than the $9000 option!! :shock:

I'm not sure if I'm gonna weigh myself for this challenge or not. Thinking I'll just take waist measurements as these are much more telling.....

Have a new and I think better eating strategy worked out. It's what I was doing before, just don't know why I strayed from it....... well actually now I'm thinking about it, I DO know. IT WAS THAT DAMN SHRINK TRYING TO "NORMALISE" MY EATING. Crap she stuffed me up!!!

Anyway, sorry for that little outburst. The plan is:
5am - pre workout snack
8am - breakfast
11am - morning meal
2pm - afternoon meal
4pm - another pre-workout snack if I'm going to the gym again
7pm - dinner (5:30pm if I'm coming straight home)
9pm - pre-bedtime snack

Shooting for 1500cals give or take.

And I must get my Escalating Density plan up and running.

:twisted:
SarahC

Re: Sarah's Six-Week Winner Takes All Challenge - this is it!!

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 am

Woo hoo, I just booked my ticket for the Melbourne Wish Ball.... 13th September here I come!

So, that's 6 weeks exactly as of Saturday, when I will start this thing officially.

This pic here I will use as my inspiration (guess who lol) - she has lost so much weight it is frightnening, but she looks absolutely amazing in this dress!!!! :D :D

SarahC

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:20 pm

good luck with ur challenge!

lipo is extreme & is not a permanent solution either. I know a woman who had lipo & put weight back on after wards. :shock:

Have fun @ the ball!
Strawberry

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:48 pm

I know, that's what I'm scared of. They say that if you do put on weight, it will go to other areas first.... but eventually it has to go back to the lipo-ed areas! You'd just have to be so careful. Knowing me I'd just keep eating my guts out and wreck the whole thing. At least my bank account would be lighter but that's about it! But then, it could just be the wake up call that I need to get myself into gear :?

Plus, my grandpa is sick at the moment, and my parents are flat out travelling to the hospital every day. The last thing they need at the moment is another person in hospital that they have to look after!!!!

So, definitely decided to give this six weeks a red hot go! Praying SOMETHING happens, even if it's not spectacular, just a little change would do me just fine...
SarahC

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:49 pm

Go for it Sarah :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:50 pm

you can do so much in 6 weeks. :) you can do it!
Strawberry

Postby ali76 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:46 pm

Wow, how hot is Vanessa in that pic?! I almost didn't recognise her!

Right - come on Sarah....we all know you can do this, and you know it too. I'll be hounding you to make sure you're on track!

Good luck!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks guys so much for your encouragement :D

Like I said I'm not expecting any spectacular results, but as long as I'm excercising well (read: not running myself into the ground!) and eating properly (read: not binging!), then I can't get any fatter can I?? Or can I?? Arrggh, well, let's hope not!! :|

Might start up my food diary back online, or maybe just report each day's calorie intake, not sure.

And, still a little scared of the scales, so might hide them away somewhere for a bit. The numbers I have been seeing recently are just insane!!

Oh, and Vanessa looks hot in just about anything she wears lol, that dress is pretty good though! I'm slowly getting my pics up into a photobucket album (link is in the "music" section of the forum). I also found this last night... http://photos.samesame.com.au/vic/Vanessa_Amorosi/ :D :D (I'm still getting over how thin she is now!)
SarahC

Postby B'sgirl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:21 am

Hi Sarah,

I love Vanessa's new song 'Perfect'. I thinks she's great! Anyway, I think your six week challenge sounds great! I always get to this time of year & shudder to think that there's not much time left until the warm weather hits us! :shock:

I have my BIL's wedding on 27th Sept. & I am planning a similar challenge for myself to get back into my size 10 clothes comfortably by then! Like you, I continuely lose & gain the same 5kgs, it's so frustrating! Emotional eating sucks big time! :evil:

Anyway, good luck with your challenge! You can do it!

Cheers,

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Venessa has lost so much weight - about 20kg? She used to be chubby - did not look bad at all now she looks hot. I'm embarassed to write this cos it just hit me: we r influenced by hollywood type views of the perfect body.

B's girl i love her song perfect too its the only song of hers i've liked so far.
Strawberry

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:18 pm

That's from Jan 05 (australia day in paramatta) - she was never that big, but not that small either..

Completely different seeing her live. The CD's don't do her justice :D

Yep it is sooooo frustrating gaining and losing the 5kgs!! And you know, for me at least, each time it happens, they come on faster and it takes far more effort to shift them! That's why I'm not so confident about this challenge, I think that, now, no matter what I do, I'll only be able to maintain... if I'm lucky!! :( :cry:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:55 am

More pictures sorry!!

I just dug this up. It's really not a good photo, but it's the only one I have of me at my goal weight (around 48.5kg). That was Feb '06 :)

I know it has to be possible for me again.... somehow :?
SarahC

Postby Strawberry » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:43 pm

you can do it sarah - use the picture as inspiration!
Strawberry

Postby SarahC » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Lol, I've printed that one out and it's on my bathroom mirror. And the one of Vanessa is on my fridge!!

I took another one of myself at the same time as the one above (on the same holiday), I must have deleted it though. Just had on my bikini top and a denim skirt... I couldn't beleive what I was seeing, there was no fat bulging from anywhere! I remember just heading out of the room and walking around the resort, just like that. And I remember a couple of girls that I was travelling with saying to me how great I looked! I took the compliment!!! *sigh* oh to have that feeling back again :(

Anyway, back to reality, just lugged a whole heap of veggies back from the shops, and getting ready to get myself off to the gym! Still eating heaps (over 200cals yesterday, today will be 1700 or more!) - but feeling a bit more in control though *touch wood*

Stood on my silly scales this morning.... still around 53.5kg :roll: I've now got a bit of paper sticky taped over the display, it says "13th Sept 51.5kg". It reminds me of my goal, and stops me standing on the scales at every opportunity!!!! :mrgreen:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 am

*sigh* so I've started reporting my food on here again...
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15388
For some reason this seems to work really well. As long as I'm honest and don't mix things around to *look* normal :roll:

I got out my tape measure and fat calipers this morning, didn't want to but just for the sake of this challenge, I did it. I can report, my starting stats *drum roll*...
Weight (approx) - 53.5kg
Waist - 73.8cm, not quite 74.0, but getting there!!
Top of my thigh - 53.0cm
Body fat (approx) - 20.1%

The thigh measurement is an interesting one. It really closely approximates my weight - the cm's equal the kg's!! So maybe for a while I could just take that measurement and forget about the scales :wink:

I've started my new training program finally! Just playing it by ear at the moment, as I was stuffing around badly trying to plan out the whole week. All I can say so far is..... OUCH!! :lol:

Will check in next week with new (and hopefully a little lower) measurements. And, possibly a weigh in, haven't decided on that yet!
SarahC

Next

Return to Challenges