It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 am

Free Newsletter

10 kilo challange

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

10 kilo challange

Postby lilalutje » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:50 am

Hi guys!

I just found this forum. It's amazing. I have been on a diet for over 4 months now, and today I reached my first goal, lose 15 kilogram. So my next challange is the next 10 kilo. Will anybody join me losing 10 kilo? Hope anybody is interested!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqklwfZ/]
[/url]

1st goal: 100 kg before christmas.
final goal: 70 kg by my 19th birthday.
lilalutje

Re: 10 kilo challange

Postby Zoe2312 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:17 pm

It's a great forum isn't it! I started another challenge (12 week challenge) but I'll be in yours too! :D i love how motivating and encouraging the other members are, it's so fantastic!! :D
Zoe2312

Postby lilalutje » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi! Yeah it's great, it keeps you motivated! Specially, because I have nobody around me that has to lose weight aswell or has lost weight, so they don't know how it is.
[/url]

lilalutje

Postby Breeza » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:41 pm

I would love to join your challange! 10kg is the exact amount I would like to exterminate! I have a really awesome pair of s10 black skinny jeans that I would love to be able to wear again!

I lost 7kg this time last year, but fell off the bandwagon and am now back to my starting weight of 70kg. I really need help and support as all of my friends are either very thin already or have been previuosly very judgemental about my attempts to loose weight. I really want to prove to them, but more importantly myself that I DO have the willpower, the determination and motivation to loose weight and get fit and healthy!

SW - 70kg
GW - 60kg

Goals
1. Drink at least 3 litres of water a day
2. Limit my alcohol intake
3. Eat more healthy foods (no salt'n'vinegar chips!)
4. Exercise!!

If I achieve my GW, then I will reward myself with a Jimmy Choo handbag that I really want! If I don't achieve my GW, then I wont ever buy this bag :cry:

MY ACTIVITY PLAN
Sunday - Treadmill 60mins (morning)
Monday - Treadmill 20mins (morning) & Body Pump (evening)
Tuesday - RPM (evening)
Wednesday - Soccer Training 90mins
Thursday - RPM (morning)
Friday - Rest Day
Saturday - Body Pump (morning) & Treadmill 20mins (morning)

We can do this!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlNblPW/]
[/url]
Breeza

Postby lilalutje » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:55 am

Hi!
It's great you're joining! You are excercising a lot! That's fantastic!
rewarding yourself sounds great! It's always nice to know their is something fabulous waiting for you. I know what you mean with not having support from friends or family, I have the same. Whenever I started I had sooo much motivation, but it would just fade away. Now I am getting the motivation from this site, just reading how great other people are doing! Great that you're joining!
[/url]

lilalutje

Postby Zoe2312 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:05 am

Wow, sounds great! i've got
Monday - boot camp
Tuesday - swimming or gym, and my weight in
Wednesday - boot camp
Thursday - walk my dogs/rest day
Friday - boot camp
Saturday - swim or walk
Sunday - walk dogs

i weigh in again tonight, fingers crossed for another loss this week!
Zoe2312

Postby Breeza » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Oh good luck with the weigh-in Zoe! You'll smash it in!

What are bootcamps like?? I would really like to do one, but the gym facilities and activities in my town are pretty poor.

I've not exactly followed my exercise plan cause I have been late finishing from work so I can't make my classes, so I've been going to the gym instead of the classes. I'm already feeling so much better and feel more awake! It's great to start the day off with a walk or a run on my treadmill!
Breeza

Postby lilalutje » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:36 am

Hi! Should we do a weight in every monday?
Wow you're soooo sporty! Wish I was as brave as you.
The past few days I have struggled a lot with staying of the sweets. It were though days, I have a lot of stress at the moment. That always effects my diet.
How have you guys been?
[/url]

lilalutje

Postby Zoe2312 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:01 am

Gosh, I'm not sporty. I used to be sporty when i was younger, I rowed and played hockey. Now i play fourth grade hockey lol.
I weighed in last night, a little disappointing, only lost 500g but when she measured my waist I have lost 6cm off there in the 2 weeks so that's awesome :D
Boot camp is great. it's very very hard work, but so worth it. it's hard while you're there but when you're done you just feel great. stuffed, but great. :lol: we're running with truck tyres on friday lol going to be interesting! we do lots of boxing, which is great fun, and interval work, lots of core work and running.
Zoe2312

Postby lilalutje » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:10 pm

6cm!!! that's great! awesome! Maybe you haven't lost that much, because you gained some muscels froms all the bootcamps!! Great wow 6 cm, that's a lot!
[/url]

lilalutje

Postby Zoe2312 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:21 am

i know, i'm really happy with it! although hopefully next week there wil be a nice big change ont he scales too :D I'm pumped to lose lots!!
Zoe2312

Postby Breeza » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Wow 6cm! You should be so proud of that effort! That is huge! I'm proud for you!!

I think that the monday weigh in is a great idea!! Not only having a weigh in, but having it the day after the weekend which means we can't just be good all week and then splurge on the weekend! I splurge heaps on the weekend so this is a good incentive not to!

You're not alone with the sweets! It is so hard not to be tempted. I still live with my dad and he eats sweets every night and sometimes i give in to the odd apple pie with lots of cream! I think you need to reward yourself with some sort of treat unless you will become bored with eating healthy and will end up bingeing on junk. My suggestion would be reward yourself with a treat once a week - how about monday nights after the weigh in. If you've lost an amount of weight that you are satisfied with, have a 97% fat free apple pie with ultra light cream (or something along those lines!). If you do the shopping, try to be smart with what you put in your trolley. If you know you will want chocolate on the monday night, get low cal chocolate or like a weight watchers chocolate mousse! And having your treat on the monday night after the weigh in gives you enough time to work it off for the next weigh in!

I'm having trouble going to my exercise classes! Its like I have no motivation to go to classes but I still go to the gym but I am just getting frustrated with myself for not going!
Breeza

Postby Zoe2312 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:40 am

Sounds great! :D
With your classes, is there anyone you could recruit to go with you? that way you'll go, because you have organised to meet someone there, or something like that?
Had boot camp this morning. I have never run so much in my life! my legs still feel like jelly! :D
Zoe2312

Postby lilalutje » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:49 pm

My gosh you guys! You are sooo sporty! Great work! I walked a lot yesterday, i think about 3 hours! So my legs were tired though from the walking in high heels.
My diet is going fine, looking forward to the weight in on monday!!!
[/url]

lilalutje

Postby Breeza » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:08 am

3 hours of walking in high heels! Great work!!

I forced myself to go to bodypump this morning and I loved it! I think I just needed that first initial push!!

I binged last night...not on junk - Burgen bread weirdly enough :? and a bottle of red wine :x So I'm not going to drink for the rest of the weekend and attempt to eat really healthy.

I'm looking forward to Monday! I think we are all going to do really well!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV8Vnh4/]
[/url]
Breeza

Next

Return to Challenges