It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:26 am

Free Newsletter

10 kg's in 10 weeks Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

10 kg's in 10 weeks Challenge

Postby kj1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi All,

I need to get rid of 10 kg's in 10 weeks (so I can feel comfortable in bathers, would also be nice to achieve before Christmas).

Here's my plan,

Sensible meals, fruit and coffee for snacks only (and 1 yoghurt per day), exercise 6 days a week (1/2 hr on mini tramp. for me). I will also stick to WW points as an extra precaution (15 for me).

If I don't stick to this for the next two weeks (the big test!), I'm going to join Tony F or Kate M!

Thanks for listening,

K.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whe43uV/]
[/url]
kj1

Re: 10 kg's in 10 weeks Challenge

Postby Lucy22 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Good Luck!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVxGJsk/]
[/url]

SW=73kg
CW=67.5Kg
GW=63Kg
Mini Goal is to be 68kg by the 30 Oct.
Lucy22

Postby kj1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Thanks Lucy,

Anyway, have already broken my own challenge, I went away for a couple of days with friends and totally fell off the wagon. I don't know what I was thinking starting before my short hol anyway!! Oh well, I'm going to try and focus on the day to day healthy eating thing rather than the weight this week, see how it goes!

KJ.
kj1

Postby Daniii » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 pm

Hey KJ,
Hows your plan going?
I am really curious to what you are doing to lose the weight?
I have started my own challenge which is a bit more drastic (coz I'm going overseas VERY soon).
I plan to lose 10kg in 40 days eeek!
Well if you want, check it out. But I would really like to hear about how you are going,
GOOD LUCK!
xox
Dani
Daniii

Postby kj1 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi Danii,

I have joined your challenge. 40 days seems very doable! I am very jealous of your holiday, what a great goal to work toward. And I think you can do it!

I have done Weight Watchers before and when I am very focused the weight comes off (1 - 2 kgs per week, with exercise),
I am less motivated for exercise these days so I am going to be stricter with the food intake and aim for 1kg per week).

Dinner is my main meal (anything healthy and reasonable in size eg. small steak and vegies, small potato)
Lunch - Salad and Salada with cheese
Breakfast - 2 weetbix
Snacks - 2 fruit, coffee, vegies, 1 yoghurt

I am feeling very motivated at the moment (mainly thanks to your challenge), I hope that I can report some progress very soon!

KJ

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNMDoB2/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby rfh » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:18 am

Hi there

I will be starting my own 10 week challenge this monday 6th of October. After having my last baby my weight had steadily increased. I will post my weekly results good or bad and see how it all goes. Am looking forward to a happy and healthy me!
I think your eating plan sounds very similar to my own. Let's see how effective it is. Only difference is that I will be counting calories.
Good Luck!

:mrgreen:
rfh

Postby kj1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:35 pm

Hello rfh

All the best. I will be keen to hear how you go.
I am finding the support of this website very motivating, sometimes just getting online and having a read at a 'danger time' is enough to keep me on track.

I have kids too. I think they give me extra eating opportunities that I need to avoid,

I am guilty of - eating their leftovers, eating kid friendly (non diet type) foods and eating when they do (which is a bit more often than I need too).
School holidays are a challenge too (being at home and around food all the time).

Anyway, today is going well and I am on target for my goal (1kg per week).

KJ
kj1

Postby lucyd » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:56 am

kj1 wrote:Thanks Lucy,

Anyway, have already broken my own challenge, I went away for a couple of days with friends and totally fell off the wagon. I don't know what I was thinking starting before my short hol anyway!! Oh well, I'm going to try and focus on the day to day healthy eating thing rather than the weight this week, see how it goes!

KJ.

Hi KJ,

Just remember that life is what happens when we're busy making plans. All I'm saying is that we all fall off the wagon a couple of times. As long as you're still getting nearer to your destination that's fine.
lucyd

Postby kj1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:20 am

Thank you Lucy, very encouraging!

Goodnews, I am at the end of week 1 and on target despite my slip up.

KJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYN23nZ/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby kj1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:03 pm

I am having a dinner party tonight. This will be a big test as I am a big fan of dessert, however I am going to resist as the main is Thai Chicken satay kebabs (made with peanut butter and coconut milk, not the healthiest option, but oh so yummy). So I figure if I resist dessert and seconds (usually a given with me) 2 satays will be OK.

Thats the plan, see how it goes.
kj1

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:01 am

I have just joined the 100kg by Christams challenge and then found this one. So I will do this one as well.
Good luck with you goal kj1!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kj1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:35 am

Hello Fireball,

Thanks for joining me, I think it will be easier, motivating each other.

I am not very keen on exercise, but thinking I am going to have to incorporate some to improve my results. I'll do 30mins mini tramp or walk each day to start with.

I really like your motivational quote!

KJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYN23nZ/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby kj1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Getting there, not as quickly as I'd hoped though.

Finding 15 ww points too hard to stick to and breaking my diet too often which is depressing. So revising diet to 18points plus exercise (which I have not done yet), after reading the advice on this forum I think it will be a better option.

Oh, I also changed my goal weight from 66 to 68kg's (its a psychological thing).

KJ

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7DuElS/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby kj1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:40 pm

Damn that ticker, looks good!
It wasn't meant to say that, that was a mistake.
Here is the real one.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7DuElS/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:45 am

Hi KJ

How did your dinner party go. Oh that was nearly 2 weeks ago now. Oops I am such a slacker. No seriously been flat out. I do care! Hope your new plan works.

Last year I went through a phase we're I was on a roll and felt great. Then got busy and fell off that wagon. I think a lot of my problem is stress related. When stressed I eat. That simple. And I'm always stressed...

I havent weighed. I wont do it now because I've just eaten. Mind you I'm not holding my breath hoping for good figures - we have been working late (in our own business) and had dinner out or takeaway 5 of the last 7 days. Finally got my act together and said, "That is ridiculous". It is costing a fortune and keeping me fat! If we are out late we should just have a quick meal at home.

I went to a training session this morning with Danish & biscuits.oooh But I said to myself, that is ridiculous to even consider. I want to lose weight. Anyway even if I only have a small portion people will probably look at me and think "No wonder she is fat!" lol [I used that to motivate me.] The first day I've not snacked at work for a while too. Damn those charity boxes and snack machines. Only got home from work 1/2 hour ago. Crazy. Anyway, I just had dinner. lol I was really looking forward to toast & bake beans. I think that's a pretty good quickie meal.

I think I need the motivation of coming to the forum but honestly don't have time. When I don't visit here I almost seem to forget what I am trying to do. Just make decisons about food etc on the hop. I do have an ok breakfast & take lunch to work. But then bust out and buy snacks and take away. I love my food....

If we keep falling of the wagon, maybe we need to buy a car instead. lol

Let me nkow how you're new plan goes.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Next

Return to Challenges