It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

10 kg's in 10 weeks Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 10 kg's in 10 weeks Challenge

Postby kj1 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Fireball

I know what you mean about job stress, that is why I have failed in the past too. Your hours sound crazy! I also find sleep deprivation makes it really hard for me to stay on track, in the really busy times of the year.

This week I have managed to stay to my eating plan, Saturday is usually when it all comes undone so I am focussing on not loosing the plot over the weekend.

This week I am having,

Weetbix
Banana and Coffee
Meat and Salad Roll
Grapefruit
Fish, vegies and mash potato
Milo

The one thing I haven't followed through with is exercise, I should I know it would speed things up, I will try walking this week

(Oh Dinner party was great, I love them, I'm such a foodie! I allow myself something special and dessert once a week) It was lasagne this week, and oh so good!!

Re struggling in the evenings, how about try some thing quick and preprepared like Lean Cuisine?

Good luck this week Fireball,

KJ

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfS2mad/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:11 am

Hi KJ

Good work sticking to your plan. :D

I just weighed for the first time in a few weeks and I'm pleased to say that I lost 1.5 kg. Still up .5 but delighted to be going in the right direction.

Breakfast - cheese & tomato toastie, or scrambled egg/baked beans & toast
Lunch - promite & shoots/seeds wholemeal roll. Vegetable soup - I make at the end of the week using any left over vegetables. This helps beat the afternoon hunger pangs & I feel full until we get home.
Afternoon when I'm at home- yogurt
Dinner - usually meat & steamed veg
Dessert sometimes - 1 scoop of icecream & fruit
Takeaway - 1 day per week but limit the portion.

I say No to takeaway when we work late [my husband is not happy. lol But he will be as he loses weight too] and avoid the charity snack boxes & machines at work. It is hard but I just keep telling myself - "That is ridicuous I want to lose weight." Focusing on this seems to be help me at the moment.

We have never tried Lean Cuisine. We have both rubbished it as "we eat fresh stuff at home". What a joke when our alternative is takeaway! :oops: I will have a look at it next time we are shopping, but at the moment things are working ok .

You have reminded me I need to do exercise but have trouble fitting it in. hmm ok. I will aim to take a short walk before work.

My aim is Oct 9th - Dec 18th lose 1kg per week 117-10 kg =107. I havent seen that weight for quite a while. lol

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kj1 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:09 pm

Hey Fireball,

Sounds like you are doing great, I like your menu plan.
I am going to borrow your lunch idea as I love promite but have never thought to try it with shoots.

I had a bit of a stress attack last night and ate about half a pack of boiled lollies :( , apart from that I have been pretty good. (except for the no exercise yet :oops: ).

I will stick with the plan until the 18th too. Christmas is a difficult time for a foodie like me but I will try to maintain during that time period.

All the best this week, talk soon (its keeping me really motivated! :) )

KJ
kj1

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey KJ,

stress attack, grrr, so frustrating. An occasional slip doesnt matter. We can do it KJ.

I'm not specifically recommending Promite. I used to make exotic salad rolls etc which I will do when I have time. My husband likes Vegemite so it just happened from there - it is quick. I keep mixed sprouts at work and pop them on just before I eat them - that's how I convince myself I'm being healthy. I forgot to mention, I keep a lunchbox of full of fruit at work and have 1-3 pieces a day if I feel like it.

Until recently I do think I had a pretty good diet overall. Lots of fruit & veg. Sensible meat portions. I even have my own mincer and buy stek and mince it myself so I know what is in it. So I have a good diet, it's just that I eat chocolates, chips takeaway etc on top of my good diet. :wink:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 am

I weighed in this morning at 115kg which was my first weekly goal. 8)

I'm pleased because I have difficulty sticking to goals and dates. I tend to snack or have takeaway and then think... instead of counting my weight this morning, I'll weigh Monday. :oops: I just keep moving the date or weight. And next thing I have put on weight again.

Also I am walking my dog on a mini-walk in the mornings. I have a cold for 3 weeks and I'm burnt out. I'm going to the doctor this morning so hopefully with a skin full of antibiotics I will get better and be able to exercise more soon. Are you doing your walking?

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby turtle7682 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:33 am

Hey Fireball, that is great! It is such a motivating feeling to make a goal, even a weekly goal on the way to a bigger one!!! How'd you go with the doctor? Are you starting to feel a little better? :D
:-) Turtle
- - - - - - - - - -
SW 165.0kg (01/03/08)
CW 133kg (08/11/09)
GW 80kg (17/10/09)

turtle7682

Postby Fireball » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:57 am

I've got bronchitis. Already feeling a bit better after being on the antibiotics for 1 1/2 days. I actually slept last night without waking up coughing. That feels sooo good. :D

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Minnie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Hey KJ,
How's your planning going this week?
what a bugger stress can be!
You've inspired me to do my own 10kg in 10 weeks challenge, 'cept I sabotaged myself today by making a massive batch of choc-chip cookies. I just looooove cookie dough :oops: But I DID manage to put half of it away in the freezer to have on hand for when guests pop in or whatever so I'll probably forget it's there soon enough.

I hope this week has gone the way you want it to!

:)
Minnie

Postby kj1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Fireball, I'm glad you are feeling better, sickness is just what you don't need when dieting (or anytime for that matter but you know what I mean).

I am afraid that I have to report my own complete failure with my eating plan over the past week and weekend, and my resulting weight gain. (no sympathy please, I do not deserve it).

I was so determined at the start and pleased with my own progress and then I completely lost the plot (and I'm not sure how I am going to get my bad habits under control). I promised myself that I would join Tony F if I had this type of setback, however after reading this forum I think I would be setting myself up for similar failure on such a restrictive diet. I am considering joining WW, going to check it out now.

here is my very angry ticker!

I am going to try again, in theory I could still make the goal by Christmas (at 1kg/week), however given my recent actions I will need to do something more drastic.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wv0ruME/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby Fireball » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:38 pm

AAAAH cute ticker; but so frustrating for you. I wish I had the secret to share.
I used to smoke, 60 a day and quit in 1997. 8) I thought that was nigh impossible but I did it.
That makes me positive that it is about finding what will work for you; then you will have success.

I can't believe that I still havn't found the answer to controlling my weight. :roll: but I am determined so I know I will do it. Hang in there KJ1 as long as you don't quit you will succeed.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kj1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks, you are very supportive.

I have joined WWatchers online. I like the online tracker, I was undervalueing the points value of my foods. Also, I'm pretty stin-gee (not sure of spelling) anyway now that I have spent some money I have to stick to it. WW online and my upcoming weight loss will be my Xmas present to myself.

KJ
kj1

Postby Fireball » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi Kj,

I had a similar problem this week. I stuck to my plan very well but allowed to have snacks of cashews. When I weighed I lost no weight still 115kg, I checked the cashews as that was the only suspect thing I had eaten. I know they are fattening but didn't realise how much they weigh. :shock: You look at something like a packet of Twisties, they are very light. I was surprised how few cashews it took to make up 250gm, which is what I estimate I ate.

I am pleased I stuck to my plan even though it went astray. I did resist all the temptations. My bronchitis is still hanging on so I'm waiting for the doctor right now to get some more anti-biotics. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get into some exercise as well. How are you going with your new plan? Now dont you toss me over for a WeightWatchers forum. :wink:

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kj1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Not a chance, you're stuck with me!

Easy mistake to make with the cashews (they are so yummy). Its great that you stuck to your plan.

My week was much better, I feel a bit more in control sticking to the points system. I am eating more which I am finding better because now I don't feel deprived and then overeat (which of course makes things worse). Still early days, I hope the novelty factor doesn't wear off too quick.

All the best for this week.

KJ

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJjxjtI/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby Fireball » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:09 am

I weighed last night - 116kg which means I will be 115 in the morning same as last week. I am drained and feel like a little slug sitting slumped on my chair all day. I like that picture, it's exactly how I feel. I did slip once at work this week but considering I'm in a diet unfriendly environment I forgive myself (grrr charity boxes and vending machines - I used to do that 2 or 3 times a day before) I'm getting into a good routine and find I'm not thinking about food as much - it used to seem like that was all I thought about all day long.

I saw the doctor and not only have bronchitis but high blood pressure as well. [All my family have high blood pressure. Years ago I did too but didn't want to go on medication so researched it. I used hypericum to calm my nerves and only drink decaf coffee and that stabilised it.] The doctor said the problem is my weight. I told her I had put on 4kg and that I had lost it recently, feeling pleased with myself. But she would have none of that - she looked up my records and pointed out that September last year I weighed 110kg so I am up 5kg. :oops: She told me that I can't keep pushing it or eventually it will affect my health, eg, diabetes, stroke, heart attack. I know all this, but I like her. She is not letting me off the hook even though she knows it is hard.

I am going to Melbourne this weekend for a party but I will try to be good. How's your new plan working for you?

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:01 pm

Hulloooo KJ. I hope you've been busy having fun and your new plan is working.

I've pretty well recuperated from my bronchitis. I have a fairly stable routine going with food. I haven't been thinking about the vending machines and charity boxes at work. I visited Melbourne for a party last weekend and other than a few extra nibbles was ok there too. But then today I had a packet of Twisties at work. It doesn't sound like much but then i thought, I'm under stress and if I'm not careful I'll be back at it again. :(

I gotta find a way past this stuff. For one thing I've heard that lack of sleep messes up hormones and leave you feeling hungry so I am going ot try to make sure I get more sleep as I tend to be insomniacal. (is that a word? If not it should be)

I weighed tonight and I'm down 1/2 kg. Yippeee.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Previous

Return to Challenges