It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:34 am

Free Newsletter

Dani's 40 Day Challenge! (+ photos) JOIN ME!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Dani's 40 Day Challenge! (+ photos) JOIN ME!

Postby Daniii » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:57 am

Hi guys!!!
I am going on a European vacation in less than 2 months!!! I am overweight :( :(
I think I weigh in the high 80kg range and I am 174cm tall :(
My problem: not enough time, motivation or support... andd a sweet tooth.
Sooo I decided joining a forum will help: you guys will help me by joining my challenge with me, or supporting me by giving me tips and ideas. Right? hehe
I am going on a 40 day challenge - diet and exercise and LOTS of water!
I am going to post some pre-challenge photos tomorrow - hopefully.
and then I will post a photo every 5 days for the remaining 40 days!!!
My official starting day is on Sunday the 5th of November. Until then I will be preparing my body by doing a little bit of a cleanse: Lots of water and lemon juice and vegetables.
My aim is to lose around 10-15kg until the end of November. I need you guys to back me up. I've never had any success with diets. I give up too easily. I MUST do this right.
Who wants to join me? Post pics up, or if not, just give some statistics about yourself. Height Weight and PLAN for the next 40 days.
This will be FUN! we can do this together. :D
XoX
DANI
Daniii

Re: Dani's 40 Day Challenge! (+ photos) JOIN ME!

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey Dani.

You know, I think this is just what I need. I'm cheating a little, but not in a bad way. I'm on Celebrity Slim. It's a shake diet. Shake for breakfast, shake for lunch . . . healthy, low-carb tea . . . wow, that makes me sound like I'm promoting it or something, doesn't it? I'm not. Each to her own, but it works for me.

I'll join your challenge. I'll post some photos of me when I get home (I'm at work, shh!) and write up my stats also.

I honestly think the sooner you start the better . . . like tomorrow, for me, cause I had a Snickers before . . . that's what car accidents do to you, I suppose.

So 40 days from the 3rd of October . . . Wednesday the 12th of November . . . right.

My plan:

Stick to my Celebrity Slim diet (gosh, that's a nasty word)
- Shake for b.fast and lunch. Healthy, low-carb tea.
Lots of water
Lots of fruit and veggies.
EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE (Softball, Zen Do Kai . . . walking - I hate the gym)
No alcohol (including Cruiser Frees - even though there's no carbs, sugar or anything . . . and only 27 callories)

I'll do photos every now any then also . . . I don't think it'll be every five days though. Perhaps at 15-20 days in or something.

Good luck from me though, Dani.

<3 Miranda.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:23 pm

What a refreshingly motivating post!

I don't really have a plan yet. I basically want to increase my water intake and start eating breakfast as a starter for the first week and then go from there. I probably need a 12 week Challenge instead, but will definitley be following your journey!

Good luck!!
Cookiemonster... hoping to become a reformed chocoholic.

cookiemonster

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:48 pm

Why not start with a 40 day-er and go from there? You could do a 40 day de-tox type thing to get started. Drink a Shitload (excuse my cussing, it's a nasty habit) or water, eat healthy and at reguar times...you might be surprised.

<3 M
miranda*jane

Postby kj1 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Sounds great! I'd like to join!

I'm not great on the will power but 40 days seems totally reasonable and doable!

I started on Sunday and have not done well so far.

My plan is

Breakfast - 2 weetbix
Morning tea - 1piece of fruit + coffee
Lunch - 1 salada with cheese and vegemite + a salad
Afternoon tea - 1piece of fruit + diet coke
Dinner - any sensible healthy sized meal
Dessert - Yoghurt

+ exercise

When i'm really organised I find this much easier to do, so I am going to pack my lunch and snacks each morning.
My danger time is in the evening, any tips on dealing with that one?
Preparing food for grazing children is also a danger time for me.

KJ

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNMDoB2/]
[/url]
kj1

Postby Daniii » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:13 pm

GREAT!
Sooo, I will put a pic up later tonight when I get home to my webcam...
You guys can put up pics too if u want, so we can see the transformations.

My plan is to do the following (if you like the plan, why not try it yourself):

-Drink 3 cups of unsweetened green tea a day
-Drink 8 glasses of water
-Get at least 40min of cardio exercise every day
-Breakfast can contain carbs - like some oats, or cereal or a rye bread sandwitch
-Lunch mostly protein (tuna, or a chicken salad)
-Dinner - sensible home cooked meal. Smaller portion than usual. NO BREAD or PASTA or PASTRY!!!
-Snacks are apples, dried fruits and nuts [apples are REALLY good for you, especially the peel coz it has heappsss of antioxidants, so dont peal the peel :) ]

Do you guys think I can lose my 10kg weight in 40 days if I stick to this kind of diet? Do you think I can add something else to my plan to get better results?
Any suggestions are welcome.
(Even supplements you guys have tried which have worked well for you.)
xox
Dani
Daniii

Postby Tarz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi girls your challange looks great and i would like to wish you all luck for it. I just have a few comments for you all:

Daniii wrote:Do you guys think I can lose my 10kg weight in 40 days if I stick to this kind of diet? Do you think I can add something else to my plan to get better results?

Dani i do believe you can lose a fair amount doing your plan but you are wanting to lose 1.5kg min each week to get the 10kg in 40 days. A healthy weight loss rate is 0.5 to 1kg a week. If the weight comes off slowly it will be harder to put back on. Maybe instead of focusing on 10kg you should focus on toning as well. Doing exercise you are sure to put on muscle and muscle is heavier then fat but denser. So although you may look like you have lost weight the scale may not say it so take measurements!
Your diet for the next 40 days looks great. Its not just apples that you should keep the peel on, all vegies have the majority of nutrients just under the skin. If you have potatos, or pears etc leave the skin on.

kj1 wrote:My danger time is in the evening, any tips on dealing with that one?
Preparing food for grazing children is also a danger time for me.

My suggestions ia cut up some carrots and capsicum to snack on, they are sweet and healthy a great snack.
Or if the kids don't like that get icy poles, the lemonade ones are 45cals each and billabongs are 99cals each, a yummy treat for in summer.

miranda*jane wrote:Lots of fruit and veggies.

Be careful not to have more then 2 serves of fruit per day, they are high in natural sugars, but go nuts on the vegies!

miranda*jane wrote:I honestly think the sooner you start the better . . . like tomorrow, for me, cause I had a Snickers before . . . that's what car accidents do to you, I suppose.

That doesn't sound like a good day, hope everything is alright.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS!
Tarz

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Tarz wrote:That doesn't sound like a good day, hope everything is alright.

Not really a good start to the day, no. it happened on my way to work, so I was 1/2 hr late, so now I finish 1/2 hr later...I need a new bumper...which the other driver will be paying for, as she was in the wrong and has admitted this.

it's all good tho. My car got hurt (but is still drivable) not me, and my BF got a call this arvo telling him he has a job interview, which we've been waiting for for a while...

As for supliments I've tried that worked for me, Dani, I'll swear by Celebrity Slim (http://www.celebrityslim.com.au - I hope it's okay that I post that link). I lost around 10Kg in my first 6wks I think. I felt great afterwards too, because I started seeing results after a week or two...but enough plugging - which I wasn't doing, by the way...I'm just happy with it...

<3 M
miranda*jane

Postby Daniii » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Miranda, sorry to hear about your accident.. but hey, alls well that ends well. And its good news abt your BF, hopefully he gets the job! Fingers crossed.
I will have a look into Celebrity Slim.. I have tried other meal replacements without success coz I hate the shakes.. What are these like?

Oh and Tarz, thanks for your advice. To be honest, I am not really going by the scales much. In fact I'm not going to even bother weighing myself and getting all depressed because of some number. I think a far better way is to look at how I FEEL and LOOK. So I am going to go by how clothes fit, and photos which I will upload later.

So what did you guys eat today anyway?
I had (so far):

Breakfast: a tuna sandwitch with cheese and pickles (on black bread)..
Morning Snack: Apple and cashews
Lunch: small chicken avocado and celery salad
Afternoon snack: pear
Fluids: 1 green tea and about a litre of water

Another 2 teas to go, and a litre of water, as well as dinner.
:)
Ciao
Daniii

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:16 pm

The C.S shakes are good. It took me a while to get used to them and not eating meals, but they do taste good.

What did I eat today? Not well, unfortunately...

B.Fast- C.S shake.

...sadly it went down hill after that...I had b.fast at bout 7.20, i had a quiche (sp?) and a snickers at 9.30, cause i was all shaken nd stuff...needed sugar,.

bout 2 i had an apple and a (sugar free) red bull.

and a few pieces of chicken bout 5 when I got home...

I was horribly unhealthy 2day :( *hold out her hand* smack me :cry:

Better luck tomorrow, ay :D

<3 M
miranda*jane

Postby Daniii » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Ok, here are the pics...
OMG I am soooo embarassed. I have ZERO self confidence and this is pretty extreme.
I have never posted or shown ANYONE such revealed pics of myself.
But hey, it's necessary. I want to CLEARLY see the changes in my body over time.

body_start.jpg
body_start.jpg (125.63 KiB) Viewed 1430 times

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
x
Dani
Daniii

Postby Daniii » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:25 pm

By the way, Miranda.. you weren't THAT bad today.. Just the Snickers :)
I had rice and chicken for dinner. MMM loveeee mum's cooking so I had a tiny bit more than I should have.. And I had lettuce on the side.
I also had some yogurt and a banana as a snack.
Getting a bit pecky I must admit. It is that time of the night when I would usually induldge in a bit of nuttella or something. But nope, MUST control sugar cravings.

Dani
Daniii

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:34 pm

Oh Dani I could kill to be your size sweetie!!

cookiemonster

Postby Daniii » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:50 pm

cookiemonster wrote:Oh Dani I could kill to be your size sweetie!!

hehe... well thanks, but I guess the most important thing is to be comfortable in your own skin.. and currently I am not.
I've seen girls much bigger than me who look so good and radiate because they are comfortable and confidant. I am not.
I guess coz I put the weight on so quicly. Like 10kg in 4months (I have adrenal gland issues and Polycystic Ovaries).
I used to be much slimmer.
I just want to be able to hold my head up high and feel good in clothes.
I have become so depressed because I don't identify with the body I am in, that I avoid going out or social functions of any sort.
Hopefully this challenge is just what I need.
Good Luck to everyone...
a good quote:
"Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels."
xox
Dani
Daniii

Postby cookiemonster » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:04 am

Yeah I can totally understand that!
Love the quote too, have written it down as one of my wall plasters in need of printing.

cookiemonster

Next

Return to Challenges