It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Dani's 40 Day Challenge! (+ photos) JOIN ME!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dani's 40 Day Challenge! (+ photos) JOIN ME!

Postby Jenn89 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:22 am

hehe...just throw it away and TELL them you ate it :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbjY6XK/]
[/url]

Do or do not...there is no try. :D

1st goal: 90 kg by 1/11
2nd goal: 80 kg by 22/12
3rd goal: 70 kg by 12/2
Jenn89

Postby mindy32 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:34 am

Haha Jenn, that may just be a plan! If it is still there tonight, in the bin it goes (wrapped in tissues of course so noone knows i threw it away! Thanks for the suggestion :P)
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby miranda*jane » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:13 pm

Tell them if they don't want you to a) throw it out or b) eat it and ruin your diet, to BLOODY WELL EAT IT THEMSELVES!!! Or, you could freeze it and have it as a treat for when you reach your goal weight...I know, I know, we shouldn't use food as a reward, but it's nice every now and then...Happy Birthday, btw, for whenever it was lol.

<3 M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby mindy32 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:18 pm

Cake update: it is still there and I havent eaten any since Saturday! Whohoo.

Lol thanks M, bday was on Friday.

Well ladies, I hope everyone is having a wonderful, healthy day! And that we are all on track.

<3 B
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby miranda*jane » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Appart from my nasty slip up on Sunday night which I blame completely on my sister...I'm good. Silly girl cooks curry, rice, nan bread AND raspberry chocolate cake!! If she wasn't my sister, I'd hate her...Over it now though...Back on the wagon...and doing well.

Havn't had any nasty food since Dear Sister's nasty cake...I even have carrot sticks in the fridge...water in front of me...fruit behind me...which reminds me...my stomach is currently trying to interupt this conversation...I think I'll eat my orange :D

Good luck to everyone for today!!

<M
miranda*jane

Postby mindy32 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:07 pm

Good work M, seems like you're going great! I have also been good, found my new favourite snack yesterday: rye cruskits with laughing cow cheese, spring onion and beetroot (dont ask me why that combination but I am loving it!!). Admittedly I did let myself have icecream once this week, but that's about the only bad thing since Saturday. Used the excercise bike for at least 40 minutes, usually 50, for at least 10-12km everyday since Saturday too, which is more than I would normally do, so it better pay off lol. Weighin for me is tommorrow morning, so I am praying the hard work has paid off over the last two weeks. I would love to be back in the 70's, which I dont think is too much to ask, only a kilo or two! Will see how I go. Everyone else weighing in at some stage this week? If so, good luck!!

<3 B
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:11 am

I'm so proud of myself this week. I havn't eaten any "no-no" foods...appart from crumbed fish lastnight to tea...and I'm having Chicken Schnitzle tonight...Usually I only let myself have crumbed food once a week...But I've avoided all the other naughty stuff! Yay me!! I've also been eating heaps of fruit too. Mum bought oranges the other day...they're going to be like my peaches until peaches come back in season again...then I'll more than likely eat nothing but...

Been a little slack on the excercise though, which is probably very bad of me. I went to ZDK Monday...man was THAT a work out...I was so buggered afterwards hehe. Felt awesome though. Until I woke up Tuesday morning, however. I'm still sore from it...particularly my back. Unfortunately though, it's something I have to live with. I actually have a mild case of Scholiosis (if that's how I spell it :roll: I'm a terrible speller), so every now and then my back gets very very sore. My chiropractor said that it wont get any worse (which is a relief) but I should get a massage because my spine is also out of line and the muscles around the vertabrae that are out have spasimed around them and wont let them move and be put back in place :(

Luck I've conned BF into giving me a good hard massage tonight...it's our anniversary today !!! YAY (*is in love*)

I'll weigh in probably tomorrow morning, however and let you all know how im going :D

<3M
miranda*jane

Postby mindy32 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:22 am

Well done M, and congrats on you and the boyfriends anniversarry!

Well, I am trying not to loose motivation (and to not cry lol), because I weighed myself this morning and put ON 200g. I am SOOO frustrated. I have never eaten so carefully and healthily and done so much exercise in my life, and i bloody put on weight. Argghhhhhh!!!! Oh well, I will keep sticking to it in the hope that I eventually see some differences in the scales. But i have also bought myself a tape measure now, so before i head to work this afternoon i intend to measure, at least that way if i see no difference in the scales I will be able to check measurement wise.

Anyways, enough of my whining, hope everyone else sees better results!

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks B. It's six months, which I know isn't much for some people, but for us it's a big thing...

Don't be too worried if you've put on. I've been doing that for a while now, lol. Hopfully I'll have broken my cycle by tomorrow when I weigh myself...It may be because you've weighed yourself on different scales, or perhaps at a different time of day. it could be water weight also...apparently, it gets worse befor it gets better or something. It IS only 200g, tho. Could have easily been cause you were wearing heavier clothes...I always strip off as much as I can before I jump on the scales, lol.

Don't be too put off though. Make sure you keep the "Ah well, I've put on, no point now...It's clearly not working." That's the worst thing to think. Go for a run befor work maybe (not that I can talk, as I said, my excersice has been rather crappy just lately). You know you've behaved yourself this week, so there's no reason to feel down.

Chin up, Babe, you'll get there.

<3M
miranda*jane

Postby mindy32 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:40 am

I know what you mean, the boyfriend and I have only been together technically for about 4 months, since he came back from overseas, but it feels like a lot longer cos we talked about 5 times a day when he was away. 6 months is great when it's someone you love!

I did all of those things, same scales, same time of day straight away in tjhe morn, stripped off, etc. Oh well, I intend to continue and see if it makes a difference next week!

Thanks for the encouragement hun, I am going to go jump on the exercise bike now i think.

Good luck with your weighin tommorrow!!

<3 B
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:54 am

:D Thanks. Hopefully I see results. All I want to see is the bloddy thing say I'm 85kg or UNDER. I havn't been that weight since I was about 12 or 13...which is a little sad really. Ah well. Also going to start my Green Belt training on Monday...I have, like, 8 weeks :S I hope I make it. If I'm a good girl, maybe I'll even be able to shed 10kg by then (!!). Finger's crossed aye!

<3 M
miranda*jane

Postby mindy32 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Well ladies, its been a little quiet here the past few days! How is everyone doing?

Did you weigh in the other day Miranda? How did you go?

I still havent lost any, but I'd like to believe im building muscle lol.

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:27 am

On the upside...I weighed in on Saturday morning...85.5 YEAH BABY!!!! I was staying at my boyfriend's house though, so I couldn't express my excitememnt straight away...his computer takes FOREVER to load up, lol.

It all kind of went ass up after that though. Saturday was great...I ate well...most of the day...I had Barnie's for tea (minus the chips)...but I DID regret it afterwards...it made me so bloody sick...I was on the loo for about 20 minutes (not that you guys needed to hear that...Needless to say, I've now sworn off Barnacle Bills for LIFE.

Sunday, I got up, had my shake for breakfast, packed my apples and 2L bottle of water because we were going to Adelaide overnight because Aaron's mum got flown to the QEH to have some nasty Gall Stones removed...I was going great 'till we got to Pt Wakefield...and I gave in to a HCT toastie... :( We got to Adelaide and all was well. We had tandori chicken for lunch with sallad...there was bread on the table, but I resisted. So that was fine. For tea though, Aaron's uncle (who's an AWESOME cook, btw) made Sweet Chilli Chicken stir-fry...with rice. Since it was the first time he'd cooked for me, I knew I couldn't be rude and say "no thank you"...so I ate it...Along with the fruit salad (complete with Watermellon and Kiwi fruit - which I can't eat on Celebrity Slim) and ice-cream.

Monday we were going home. I had my shake again...and by the time we'd gotten to Pt Wakfield after that it was about 3 hrs later (we visited some shops and I got us slightly lost...) I was starving...and had a chciken schnitzle burger and a Magnum Ego... :( And it got worse...(I'll be going to hell, I'm sure) We had pasta and garlic bread for tea...

Tuesday we went to Whyalla for Aaron's interview (went well, btw) and I got up and wasn't hungry...I think I was nervous for him...We got up at 530...I didn't have lunch untill about 230...and I had KFC...including the chips...and again, for tea...we had nuggets and chips...

I swear, if I went all this week without eating a single thing...I'd still be running on the carbs and fat I ate over the horrific weekend...

Did get a bit of excercise though...home alone, you know how it is...hehe. Sorry, you guys didn't need to know that.

But yeah. I'm a lil scared to weigh in next week. I'm not falling off the wagon anymore though. I promise. Aaron and I made a packt...we're both giving up junk food and softdrink and we're gonna be all healthy and hot looking :D

I've even made a mock up of my very own food diary while i was supervising a 3hr exam yesterday...and Sfotball starts this week, and I'ma catcher, so I'll be sweating out just about everything.

Ah well...that's me up to date...hows everyone else?

<3M
miranda*jane

Postby bulatasy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi Danni, well i think your terrific and really brave to post your pics, i want to join u also, i need to loose around 20kg but if i can loose 10 before xmas great.

I have alot of exercise machines,exercise dvd's,a pool and a 3 year old boy so exercise is not an issue with me. My issues are portions, smoking and MOTIVATION! I have stopped eating sweets in the last 2 weeks so thats a bonus but i want to quit smoking and loose the weight BIG TIME.

I think im going to start your challenge and quit the same day. Fingers crossed I have only just taken it up again after 4 years so cold turkey is the only way for me.

I eat just right for breaky

lunch salad roll

dinner home cooked( we eat alot of curries(home made) stirfries and stews.

snacks i like cup of soups i find that really helps with the 3.30/4.30 period when the kids are eating afternnon tea.

i eat alot of fruit.... oranges,lemmons and melon.

I know i need help with portions and the reading of calories as i have no clue?????

So Danni was it the 5th Nov that you were starting? If so sign me up but i dont think im brave enough to share my pics just yet.
bulatasy

Postby mindy32 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi Bulatasy, welcome to the challenge! Good luck with it all.

Im trying not to laugh Miranda, not because I think its funny your annoyed at yourself for eating too much junk food, just because i can see myself coming and saying the same thing on Monday morning. Im going up to Brissy to see the boy, been weeks since I've seen him. Since Daniel lives on the army base with no kitchen, everything we eat will be out somewhere, so i'll try and be a good girl, but we will have to see how it goes! Good work on the 85.5kg tho hun!!! That's awesome! And its great Aaron's interview went well, and hopefully his mums alright now.

I wouldnt worry too much about the junk food, as long as it doesnt make you give up altogether it doesnt hurt once in a while!

<3 B
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges