It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Call Out for those with 50kgs + to lose

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Call Out for those with 50kgs + to lose

Postby turtle7682 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Hi all,

I weighed in today at 136.4, which is a crappy result, because I am 1.2 up from last week, but I can't say it's without reason... :oops:

So... my starting weight for my xmas challenge is 136.4, and I aim to be 130kg by christmas. That's a pledge to lose 6.4kg by xmas, or an average of 0.8kg for the next eight weeks. I think this is realistic and doable for me (even with hubby's bday and our work xmas party coming up).

Next week I pledge to be down to at least 135.6kg!! :wink:

How'd everyone else go this week?
:-) Turtle
- - - - - - - - - -
SW 165.0kg (01/03/08)
CW 133kg (08/11/09)
GW 80kg (17/10/09)

turtle7682

Postby unnah2 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Hey Turtle,

Sounds good

Today I weighed 113.7kg. I want 100 for xmas, ambitioud maybee but I'm ready to get serious. Put me on your chart. I used to be a nerd. Now I just dont have time.

Hey Mandie,

Happy Birthday for yesterday. 25 may seem awful but I guarantee 30 is the killer. You are officially grown up at 30 I think! Enjoy your youth, good luck with weigh in. :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqwoyh1/]
[/url]
unnah2

Postby turtle7682 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Unnah,

Just answered your post over in my topic (turtle's eight week xmas challenge), so I won't re-reply here lol!
- - - - - - - - - -
SW 165.0kg (01/03/08)
CW 133kg (08/11/09)
GW 80kg (17/10/09)

turtle7682

Postby Fireball » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:13 am

Hey Turtle
I'm a bit of a nerd too. :lol: I am struggling so much I just want to focus on Xmas for now. I feel if I make long term goals I am kidding myself because only recently i reached my highest weight EVER. I didn't fall off the wagon but jumped off and ran in the opposite direction. I feel like - WTF? Right now I feel like I can make Xmas. I am determined. So I just want to stay with that thought. Maybe if it works out I'll be game to make a number of new date goals. Having said that, I don't want to put off the more adventurous amongst us if you want to set more dates in advance.

BTW, I have bronchitis. I'm on antibiotics and feel heaps better. Took dog on a mini-walk, did some house work & went out in the garden and did some pruning. Just taking it easy but doing some execise.

CW:115.5
To lose: 50.5
Xmas: 105

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby turtle7682 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 am

Hey Fireball, sorry, I think I maybe didn't say what I meant properly, I was trying to say that we should aim for big dates, but like only one at a time he he (like you I need to focus on one goal at a time :D ).
My first big goal date is xmas. Once I get there then I'll set my next one. I just mentioned all the generic dates like xmas and easter and stuff because if we use those dates then we all have a common goal date sort of thing - because I know we all have our own personal minigoals like birthdays, family occaisons etc.
Sorry if I freaked you out a little!!
That sucks that you have bronchitis, one of the girls from work ended up with this nasty chest and throat bacterial infection thing and it absolutely floored her, she couldn't even get out of bed or sit up - I don't envy either of you, and I hope everyone gets better soon!!!
Also, I got into the garden on the weekend and I think you use more muscles moving around out there and pruning and stuff than just working the dog lol. I walk my dog each morning, and never feel my muscles, but I can sure feel my muscles after spending the day in the garden yesterday!! I think it's great that you're up and moving now 8) :)
Ok well I am off to do some work!! :mrgreen:
- - - - - - - - - -
SW 165.0kg (01/03/08)
CW 133kg (08/11/09)
GW 80kg (17/10/09)

turtle7682

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:41 am

Okay... I've been wallowing in a bit of self pity, indulging in a bit of depression and it's time to stop! I need to pick myself back up... damnit and I feel good this morning :)

Weighed in this morning at 118.7kg - up from last week, but down 2kg from Saturday (which is why I didn't post!) so lord knows what is up there. I can weigh Saturdays from now on if that's the done thing though? Put me on whatever excel chart is going, I need this!

How many weeks til xmas? 8? I'd love to make it under 110kg... so I shall strive for that!

A few things...
1. Drink my water! At least 1.5L per day.
2. Avoid treats! It's not my birthday week anymore, so no more cake and lollies! (I used that excuse ALL last week)
--am going out for afternoon tea today, but will try to restrain myself and be SENSIBLE
3. Record on CalorieKing - again, I've totally fallen off THAT wagon
4. Remind myself of all the positives in my life EVERY DAY because I don't want to go back down again...

Okay all, wish me luck! I have a busy week (working Monday-Sunday, and I don't have my roster for next week yet but you can pretty much guarantee the Monday-Friday bit, which means I will be working at least 12 days in a row and I hope I get the weekend off after that!) and I'm working late Tuesday night, and having friends over for dinner Thursday night. Will try to go to the gym ONCE this week - I just need to make it in ONCE to show myself I can, then I can work out a better routine!
Mandie

Postby Fireball » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:29 pm

I guessed that is why you were quiet Mandie, it happens all too easily. But that's why I like this Xmas idea. There is still enough time that we can get on the wagon and make amends and come out of the year feeling ok. It sounds like there are a group of us who really do need this thread!

Turtle It's not you, it's me that caused that little misunderstanding. Can I put it down to my illness? "Oh the poor thing is barely lucid." lol I think it is a great idea. Part of my problem is that I had already started thinking. hmmm If a lost a kilo a week I could easy lose 50 by the end of next year. Then I thought, am I crazy? I cant even keep 1 kg off... that is when I read your post. Big mistake. :lol:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby turtle7682 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:09 am

:D Hey all, well I am feeling fan-freaking-tastic so far this week, and I hope that everyone is feeling just as GREATTTT!

Mandie, sometimes a down week is a good thing, and definitely around your birthday - otherwise what's the use of having a birthday if we can't splurge!! The down weeks help you kick yourself up the bum and commit to a good week. so I hope you're sticking to your plans, because we all know you CAN do it :D 8) :P

Fireball, it's so hard to communicate via the web sometimes, text is so much less personal than face to face conversations, and things that make sense to me don't always make sense to everyone else, so don't worry about it, we'll just blame the net he he he. I am very glad I get to meet all you fantastic people on here though, so maybe we won't blame it too much lol. :mrgreen:

So... this week I have stuck to my diet (Tony Ferguson), have had at least 2.5L of water a day, and even got out on Sunday and did a full days work in the garden (can still feel my muscles, and it's great!!). This arvo I am hoping to get in the pool and do a few laps. I am really staying positive this week, I know it's going to be a great one.

How's everyone else going?
- - - - - - - - - -
SW 165.0kg (01/03/08)
CW 133kg (08/11/09)
GW 80kg (17/10/09)

turtle7682

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:18 am

Sorry guys .... Im not much help at the moment ....Really friggin over it .... See my thread for details.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby curvygirl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:10 pm

I think you should make Shalimar your patron. She has almost lost 70 kilos and she has done it this year. I had 50 kilos to loose when I started and I couldnt look at it in one amount of I would have run off. I need smaller more acheiveable goals. You girls can do it so good luck with your journey.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Sorry but I aint making No one my patron ....

Good luck everyone .... Im over and out.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby turtle7682 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:33 pm

I agree, Shalimar is a wonderful inspiration!! She's one of the people that inspired me to join this board.

And GI, you're one of the others, so I'm sorry that you're down and out, but when you're in a better place I hope you can get back up and come back in here. I know from reading your threads that you're not into sympathy, or nothing-ness comments, so I don't really know what else to say to you... but hope to see you again soon :wink:
- - - - - - - - - -
SW 165.0kg (01/03/08)
CW 133kg (08/11/09)
GW 80kg (17/10/09)

turtle7682

Postby yellowroses » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 am

This past week hasn't been to good to me... my IBS has been really bad :(

From tomorrow I'm going to start eating properly again, and will give you guys an official weigh in on Sunday - good or bad.

I swear I've put on weight, but it could be all the stuff that my stomach is retaining (sorry if TMI).
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby Jisgone » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 pm

i have 49 kilos to lose, or 54 i havent decided :P
agggesss ago on this forum we used to do a monthly challenge, where u weigh yourself at the start of the month then the end and who ever has lost the most weight gets added to the hall of fame :) if anyone intererested i could take charge and jot down the start and end weights and work out who the winner is?
its great motivation and keep u on track knowing your monthly results will be posted on here
Jisgone

Postby Fireball » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:32 pm

yellowroses wrote:This past week hasn't been to good to me... my IBS has been really bad :(

From tomorrow I'm going to start eating properly again, and will give you guys an official weigh in on Sunday - good or bad.

I swear I've put on weight, but it could be all the stuff that my stomach is retaining (sorry if TMI).

Sorry to hear your IBS is playing up. Must make it very difficult. Do let us know how you go, when I started to put on weight I was busy anyway but also avoided the forum yet I needed the contact to remind me of what I was trying to achieve to keep on track.

My weekly weigh in yesterday, my scales waivered over going down a half kilo but then settled on the same weight as last week. I had a think about it. I have been having afternoon snacks of cashews, not being naughty but in my plan. But when I looked at the pack and how many I had, they weigh more for the size of portion than I realised. So ~250gm @ 2665 gms =6662.5kJ. That is too much for me. I feel good. I didn't snack or sabotage my eating. I am still restricted in my exercise due to my bronchitis. I have improved although I'm going on another course of anti-biotics so hopefully back to normal next week.

Jewles I think that is a great idea to motivate people who are interested. I just want to lose about 1 kg or so a week so it wouldn't interest me personally.

Curvygirl, I'm not interested in having a patron per say, although I greatly admire what Shalimar,Goddess and many others have achieved.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges