It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:11 am

Free Newsletter

turtle's eight week xmas challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: turtle's eight week xmas challenge

Postby cherricola » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:29 am

Alexandra,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad...

we're all thinking of you...
xoxoxo
cherricola

Postby meegs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Hey all,

I wanted to tell you something that happened to me today.

I was at my Step into life training(group personal training outdoors - I love it!) and my trainer told me that my workout clothes are getting too big, and that it is time to get new ones! Yay me.

He can get used to seeing my saggy bum cos I want to wait a while before I buy smaller ones!

I had another weigh-off with my hubby today, he is 1.9kg smaller than me - I will beat him yet!!!

I then went and had garlic bread at lunch - the most carbs I have had in weeks. I will start again tomorrow :)

Hope you are all well.

I have missed the conversation in here, I hope everyone is going well.

Meegs
xxx

P.S. Ally, I am thinking about you all the time and hope that you are ok. Try to stay strong. Hugs to you. xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby meegs » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 am

Here I am again (I think I am the only one posting here at the moment!)

Wednesday is weigh in day for me.

LW: 98.6
CW: 97.7
Loss= 900gms.

Cheers to you all.

Hope, as always, you aer going well.

Meegs.
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:00 am

Meegs, - Wow, another 900g...AND baggy pants comments....you are going so well. Thanks goodness someone is flying the flag for us. We have to throw the gauntlet out to the others to get moving, don't we? PS thanks again so much xoxoxo

cola - thank you so much - your comments are very comforting!

Now *activates stern voice* This is a crying shame. This challenge is running off the rails. Come on everyone, what's happened? We've still got a bit of time until the challenge finishes to get to our goals...it's not over yet. So, lets pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get on with it. The universe can and does throw all sorts of things at us...what we need to do is look forward to the things that are important to us, being healthy, looking after ourselves, our family, creating the best we can for our children, being happy and being kind to ourselves. So, lets eat healthy, do some exercise for our bodies (and mood) and be good to our peace of mind - we deserve it!

Good luck and best wishes
Ally
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby mindy32 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:34 am

Hi Ladies,

I didnt post yesterday as I ran out of time, but I have been very quickly checking this forum lately to see how we're going! Meegs congrats, you're doing such an awesome job. Ally, I totally agree, we all need to kick our butts into gear! I fell off the wagon a little bit out of absolute dissapointment, as I was just putting on weight. I was trying extremely hard but it just wasnt happening. I got back up to 81.5kg, so the last 10 days or so i've tried even harder, eaten hardly any carbs, lots more salad, and done lots of exercise, and im back down to 79.7! So im pretty happy, and going to continue trying super super hard if thats what its going to take! Im going to start running when Dan's here on leave, which will be the 12th December-ish to about the 10th of Jan, so we;ll see how that goes! Ally, thinking of you, hope your alright, you sound like your being stronger than i imagine i could be! If you need anything, just shout.
Meegs, thanks for keeping this going, i will be posting a lot more now i've stopped feeling sorry for myself! Even if theres only afew of us here now we have to keep going for the next few weeks till Christmas, and hopefully the others will return (especially you Turtle!!)

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby meegs » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:50 pm

It's me again in here!!

So happy to see some of you back!

I totally get the not feeling comfotable in the challenge if you are not going as well as you hoped... BUT... I miss all the chats.

The weight loss is secondary to the comaradrie (SP/ sorry! :) )

It's nice to have someone to be honest with if you are feeling crappy - and a lot of this weight loss stuff IS crappy!!

I hope, as always, you are going well.

Chins up!

Meegs
xxx :)
[/url]
meegs

Postby mindy32 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:52 pm

I totally agree Meegs and I promise to be here even if I (god forbid!!) stack on 10kgs! It's lovely to hear how everyone else is going even if im not doing as well myself.
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby Alexandra » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:55 am

Exactly right ladies...it isn't always about the kilos or grams lost, it's about supporting one another! I've been a bit busy lately with family and arrangements and generally lying on my bed crying - this whole business is just horrible and there is nothing strong about me, trust me. But my Dad would want me to get on with it, to have everything I want and deserve for myself and he never shied away from hard work and losing weight is hard work - it takes determination and perseverence (ok, and some education as well). So, with each other as support and the foundation that we all have that got us here in the first place...let's keep going, ay?

Belle - great work with losing the weight too - well done!

I hopped on the scales this morning - I am sitting at 109.7 (half a kilo over last weigh in, that shouldn't be too hard to shift, right?) I'm not sure if the scales are playing tricks, because a few days ago, I was 1.5 kgs over, so who knows?

Good luck everyone. Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby mindy32 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Hello lovely ladies,

I am afraid I dont have much to report, absolutely nothing on the weightloss front, but I wanted to come and say hello anyway! I hope everyone's weekends are going well? I have quite a busy one, last night I worked till 10pm, then Daniel flew in at 10:30pm last night, and I somehow made it from St Kilda to Tullamarine, parked my car, and got inside, through security and to the gate by 10:30 on the dot! (and there was no speeding involved). Oh one weightloss related thing, I ran from the back of the short term carpark at the airport and around the buildings (i accidentally went to the departures area first), and through the airport and didnt even notice it, nor get out of breath at all. Now dont get me wrong, I realise thats not much of an achievment, but running is my biggest issue, I cannot seem to be able to run! I can walk for hours on end, but cant normally run, nor attempt to, so i was a little bit happy! This morning we got to see Dan's adorable nieces and nephew, and his bro and sis-in-law which is always awesome, so that was good,now im back at work, working till 10pm (on duty overnight as well) and again 7am-1:30pm, then racing to get to my nan's 70th birthday party which i am looking forward too, then racing from there to get to my stepsister's dance concert tommorrow night! Phew, busy busy weekend, no stopping for me, perhaps I will need to use my running skills again (haha). Well, enough of my rambling, work time!

Have fun everyone.
Much love, Belinda xo
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby meegs » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Hey Belle, no heart today!!!

You have such a busy weekend! I was meant to be working from 9.30 till 7 tonight but someone called in sick so I din't have to stay for him (long complicated story, short version was I was going to have to stay while a guy did a mural in the library where I work but he is sick so I got to go home!)

Good work on the running front, very impressive not to get puffed. I had a goal at the start of the year to be able to jog/shuffle/run 500 metres. By September I managed the City to Bay(12kms) non-stop. I was stuffed it wasn't fast but I did it!!!

Cheers,
Meegs
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby mindy32 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:36 pm

I know, I was going against the traditional heart today, I must be in a 'lets go crazy mood' haha.

Well done Meegs, thats awesome! 12km goodness, I;d only manage a walk haha.

Well, it sucks that he's sick for him, but thats great for you! Would have been a long day otherwise by the sounds of it!

And the heart is back.....
<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby meegs » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Yay for the heart... Three cheers for the return of the heart.
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby meegs » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Have lost the plot this weekend!

Expect to put on heaps by next Wednesday!
Thought I would get in early so I am not too shocked with myself then!

Hope you are all doing better than me!
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby redrose78 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:09 am

hey everyone, I am quietly withdrawing from the challenge. Thankyou all so much for you support and good will. Best of luck to you all. Stay strong and stay focused on your dreams. Will be thinking of you all over the Christams break. Looking forward to seeing you in the new year. Lots of love, Tracy x x o o
redrose78

Postby redrose78 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:00 am

Am leaving the forum, this place is not worth it. Good luck all, keep reaching for the stars.
redrose78

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges