It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:27 pm

Free Newsletter

turtle's eight week xmas challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: turtle's eight week xmas challenge

Postby Alexandra » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:31 am

Sorry to hear that Red, Tracey - I am finding exactly the opposite. I guess we all have to do what is best for ourselves. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey and I hope you reach your goals. I hope nothing bad has happened *hug*

Belle, what a very busy weekend - I got exhausted just reading it! And good stuff with the running!

And meegs, wow, 12 kms' wow, that's awesome city to bay, did I read right? That is one of my goals one day, to do something like that...but it is way down the track!

I think I'll post my weigh in..I didn't weigh in last week as we all know why but I will this week. Turns out I am back to 109.0 kgs that's a loss of whatever I put on during the breakout and another 200g. I haven't exactly stopped breaking out. I'm still eating crap and not at all thinking about what I'm consuming - taking a shower and brushing my teeth on any given day is what I am considering a victory so somehow, I'm not sure how this happened. I think it's because I'm not eating at other times. During grief, your body slows down and your appetite wanes, you vomit and can't eat (there are quite a few physical reactions really) *sorry too much information - I really have always told it like it is* so I guess I'll put it down to that. I have also been helping another friend of mine who has separated from her husband so I was packing boxes and helping her move in the Brisbane heat, up and down stairs, so I guess that helped the exercise aspect :D

So, quite pleased really.... good luck everyone else in the weigh in :D , Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby mindy32 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:33 am

Well ladies, my busy weekend is over, I have a killer headache (no alcohol involved, think im coming down with the flu or something, major earache and sore throat, etc), all of which is not putting me in a great way for exercise, so i've had to ease up on it for the last few days. Will attempt running with Dan next week when he's home, so that will be interesting!

Thats awesome Ally, Im so glad you lost that bit, I hope everything is going ok, you've been in my thoughts.

Ugh, the head is just absolutely pounding, and I cant talk properly to make phone calls today (Im at work for the record) so im not sure how well im going to go, but theres no such things as a sick day here lol.

Have a good one lovelies xox
<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby meegs » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:19 pm

Hello girls.

Firstly congrats Ally - great job considering. I have also been thinking about you... you know when you are sitting down with your work colleagues and you are tlaking about what is going on with you, I have gone to say "oh, a friend of mine..." and then I realise that I am thinking about all of you on here!!!

Belle, you sound very poorly... I hope that you are ok. Running with Dan sounds good - except it also sounds hard!!!!! Running is hard all round!

Well... It is Wednesday, which for me is weigh in day... (drum roll, not a big one tho!!...)

LW: 97.7
CW: 97.4
Total loss: 300gmS - WOO HOO!!!

I actually am happy with that as I know I was much more on the weekend.

That also brings my grand total to 16kgs this year (YAY :) )

Also - that was my goal weight when I started the other challenge (which I have also stopped posting to - sorry!!)

Long post.

Cheers,
Meegs
xxx :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:20 pm

Hi everyone!

Belle, sorry to hear (*gg* that should really be read!) that you are not well and you're right, it is just not fun exercising with the whole pounding head thing and the head cold pressure thing. What do you do for work btw? Sorry for being nosy and sorry if I missed it in an earlier post...brain is mushy at the mo'...don't try to go crazy with the exercise if you're not feeling well!

Meegs, another loss again this week, congrats that's awesome...and you have reached 16kgs goal! Thats great. Well done :D

I'm really worried about the scales this week. I have had a shocker with the healthy living plan. Actually, it's gone right out the window and I'm eating junk and not moving. There is nothing fun about this grief thing. The family has all picked up some type of gastro bug too :( which makes me feel icky but not enough to stop me eating (apparently, I've got off the best!) I'm not sure if that is also taking my energy to prepare a healthy meal and go for a walk or its the grief (probably a combination). I am really struggling this week and I am really scared that the scales are going to punish me. opps, sorry, didn't want to bring the mood down,

Thanks Ladies for your kind thoughts, I'm going Ok, it's hard but I'm going OK. Not quite back into the swing of "things" yet, but I'm confident I will be soon :D Thanks so much for your support and cheery chats, I really appreciate it.

Best wishes too for the week ahead
Alexandra

Alexandra

Postby bluet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:53 am

This is just 2 weeks before christmas and still nothing happen with my weight. Well, it didn't get worse but obviously didn't get any better. Maybe I should switch my meal plan.
bluet

Postby redrose78 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:26 pm

Hello ladies. What can I say, seeing you all so blue made me sign back in and say hi. BIG HUGS for everyone. Keep your chins up. Ok, so no-one has reached their Christmas goals. You know, new year resolutions can go a long way.
Have a rest, let yourself be a little bad over the Christmas break. What is the point in denying ourselves? Look, if we put on 2kgs over the next couple of weeks, all good. Means we have been relaxing and allowing ourselves to induldge a little. Next year is only 3 weeks away, ok, just under that. But seriously, what harm can we do in two weeks that we can't undo in three or four. Chins up ladies, we are all here to lose weight to like ourselves more and to enjoy life more, but what is to say that we can't enjoy it now and like ourselves now. Look how far we have all come this year.
Ok, I am back to 106kgs, have been going thru a rough trot, yes I have over-indulged, more on alcohol than food, but I also know I started the year at 112kgs. A 6kg loss in a year is not much, but it is still something. It is something to look at and say yeah, I did that, with no support I did that, I own that. I own every kg that is gone. Every kg you lose is an achievement, yeah we may gain a little again, but we lost it once, we can do it again.
You all take care, will be around, keeping an eye on you all :wink: you are in my thoughts. For the bad experience I had in this forum, I can not deny all the positives I have gained from it. Take care.
redrose78

Postby mindy32 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:20 am

Hi girls,

Ally I hope your going alright xox.
Meegs, as always Im sure your soldiering on with your weightloss unlike me! Hows everything going?
Tracy, it was nice to see a message from you! Hope everything is well in your world.

Well I am getting extremely frustrated and just want to cry, but Im trying not to! Weighed in today, 81.7kg, yep, higher than when i started a month a go, and 2kg more than last week. WTF! (Excuse my language lol). Admittedly I did have to loosen up with the excercise, but i still did working and some aerobic things, and I did not eat very badly at all. I just have no idea whats happened. And thats the worst bit! If I put on weight when I eat bad or something I can understand it, but when it seems to be totally random, I dont know how im ever going to loose it. The thing that freaks me out the most, is what if i just keep putting on weight, what if it never stops! EEEEEEEEEEK. I know Im being a whinger and exaggerating, it's just so frustrating and I'm a little over it. Blah, I'll stop my complaining, I have plenty of awesome things to be happy about lol.

Well ladies, Im off, I hope everyone is doing better than me! xo
<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby Alexandra » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Tracey, thanks for your message, it's nice to see you still popping in from time to time. Glad to hear you are not beating yourself up. I'm sorry for your bad experience. Glad you are not wasting any time on people who don't deserve a minute of it!

Meegs, hope you are having a good week - I bet you're getting very busy with the upcoming season too!

Belle, beautiful Belle - now, don't waste another minute worrying about that extra "weight".... I know it's frustrating and I know it's cold comfort but really if you are living the healthy lifestyle, eating right and exercising, drining water etc (you know the drill) you are doing everything right, then you have nothing to worry about. The extra "weight" can only be fluid, extra muscle mass, TTOM ... you know the usual suspects. I know it's hard, I've been there myself but try to focus on the positive indicators when the scales let you down (as they often are not your friend!) - things like your clothes fitting better, taking measurements and seeing them go down, and your fitness level increase. Now, I know 2 of those things have happened recently, I"ve been reading your lovely posts :D :D I am such a slave to the scales, but we shouldn't be as they can demotivate and we all need to be in this for the long haul!

My update: 107.8 kgs this week - loss of 1.2 kgs :shock: Not getting too excited. Not able to eat much but if I do, its junk - this will catch up with me...very soon :(

Good luck for the coming week everyone

Alexandra

Postby meegs » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi all,
We are off the front page of topics - that is sad!!!
This will get us back on!!!

I am hiding in my bedroom cos the kids are now on holidays - not looking forward to the next 6 weeks!!!

It's nice to hear from you both (and the rest of you if you are readign this hello :D )

Belle, don't worry about the fluctutations - so easy to say I know but you are so gorgeous it doesn't matter!

Ally, keep on keeping on babe. Keep trying to make the better choice- even when it is hard, and I know it is hard believe me. I hope that all is going well.

I have decided to weigh in one day early this week (I am going out for pizza tonight and carbs are not my friend!!!)

LW - 97.4
CW - 96.9
Loss= 500gm

Huge!
I'm not sure how to do more than that - I do really well for most of the week and the weekends tend to let me down. I also do most of my exercising at the satrt of the week and let it lapse on weekends.
This week I will TRY to do better!
I can't see me making my goal of 95 before Christmas - not when I will be having my birthday get together this weekend (my birthday is Christmas Eve!).

How are your chrissie preps going?
I started wrapping the kids presents last night - but I only got half way before I got too tired!
Am going out tonight so it will have to wait for another couple days.

Hope you are all going really well.

Cheers,
M
xxx
P.S. sorry about the length of the post - I did warn you I was hiding from the boys!!! :D
[/url]
meegs

Postby mindy32 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:05 pm

Hello gorgeous ladies,

First of all I just want to say that you are both such lovely people, I absolutely love coming in here to see how you are both going and to chat to you, so thank you!

Haha school holidays, gotta love em.

And thank you Ally and Meegs, you're so sweet, I appreciate the compliments!

Whoohoo Meegs, 0.5kg is awesome. You may be hoping for larger losses but I cant tell you enough how awesome I think you are doing! 0.5kg a week adds up very quickly my dear!

Ally, I think you're doing an awesome job hun, considering what you are going through, and I think you should be proud of yourself for trying.

Ooh birthday celebrations, awesome!

I am doing the rest (admittedly pretty much all of it hehe) on Thursday on my day off. Been super busy this week. Worked Saturday, out Saturday night, worked Sunday, worked yesterday, out for dinner last night, working right now, uni renrollment at 4pm, then stepsisters dance concert, working at 7am tommorrow, then the Alicia Keys concert tommorrow night, then shopping thursday, out for yum cha for lunchl, and family dinner with Daniel's fam that night, working Friday, then a bday party that night, working saturday then work christmas party.....Im sure you get the idea hahahaha. Just so busy I thought I would whine to you girls hehe.

I do, luckily, know what Im getting most people i think. Getting Mama a wedding planner diary since their wedding is in Sept, getting Brad (my bro) an autobarn voucher, getting Krista (the little sis) High School Musical on Nintendo DS if I can find it for less than what i saw it for the other day haha. Brad's got our stepdads present, we're getting our dad a bottle of Jim Beam,. probably get the stepmum a cd, getting one of the stepsisters a photo album, and the other an anklet. Just gotta figure out what to get Daniel's Mum, his bro and sisster in law. We;ve got his nieces and nephews presents done. I also need to buy for one side of grandparents. Mum's got the rest of her family's organised as presents from all of us. Phewwww I have lots to do eeeek. At least you got half way through wrapping your kids' pressies Meegs!

Well, I have prattled on even more than normal, so I shall go do some more work now!

Have a lovely day my dearests.

<3 Belle xo
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby meegs » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:15 pm

Gosh Belle, your post was as long as mine!!!!!!!

I too love doming in to chat to you, and if it is just the 3 of us then that is ok too!
love
xxx
[/url]
meegs

Postby mindy32 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 am

Hello again ladies,

Haha yeah I know Meegs, I ramble.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have been soooo good this week. Had to get dinner out twice, both times i had grilled chicken with prawns and a light sauce and vegies. No chips, no dessert, nothing. I've eaten heaps of fruit. I've drunk truckloads of water. I had salad for lunch yesterday, and only ate about 2 bites of a piece of cake at a work party (and there was tonnnnes of yummy things!). Had no coke, nothing except water. Hardly any carbs. Been eating yoghurt for brekkie. All going great...until Daniel bloody bought my chocolates. And i dont mean one, i mean a big thing of about 40 of them. So I had 3 the first night. Then two the next day. So i decided to take some last night to the concert and give some to mum and my stepsisters to eat while watching etc, but there's still heaps left. I have been up for about 4 hours and havent eaten any yet, even though they are right beside me, which is pretty good considering im a self-confessed chocoholic! I also havent done any actual exercise (except lots of incidental stuff), cos i just literally havent stopped between 5-6am and 10:30pm every day lately. Im going to go for my first jog tommorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Im just frustrated cos everytime im doing well something else crops up, like bloody chocolates lol. I should just throw them out, but to be honest I don't want to offend Daniel. He's been good otherwise though (he doesnt think theres anythig wrong with me, so he doesnt quite understand why i want to loose weight, tho he is being supportive for the most part), he picked up Women's Health mag the other day and suggested I buy it cos it had weightloss stuff in it. I am just simply afraid to get on the scales lately, cos no matter how good i am, and how much i exercise, i seem to be putting weight on, it's freaking me out. Mum thinks I should probably see the doctor cos I've been ridiculously tired lately too, and she's wondering if I have a thyroid issue. My stepsister had that, and put on quite a lot of weight, but now it's all sorted she's a little skinny mini. So I guess if I don't start to at least maintain the weight by being pretty healthy, I will head to my least favourite place (minus the dentist) in the world: the doctor!

Anyways, enough from me.

Hugs
<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby Alexandra » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Hello ladies,

Nothing much to report from me...I'm still not being good (although slowly getting better) and I still haven't started doing any exercise however I did think of taking the dogs for a walk a bit later on this afternoon when it's not so hot so we'll see how that pans out. I have been doing a fair bit of swimming so that might be helping too.

I realised I wasn't aiming very high when I started this challenge. I was 114 kgs and I was hoping to reach 109 kgs. Well, I've reached that already plus a tad more! So, 6 kilos, have to be happy with that! That's half a kilo a week, I think. If I get a kilo or two more, I can't ask for any more.

As for the christmas stuff, I'm having a really tough time with it. I usually really really love christmas, can't get enough of it. But this year, I just don't want to know about it. I have bought a few presents for my little neices and newphews only as I happened to be out with my sister when she was doing her shopping but I am really struggling with it. My sister is trying to jolly me along and the other day she said, "you just never know, it may be your last christmas, so you should enjoy it" so that got me thinking that we should be grateful for what we have and not wallow in what we have lost. I know the theory, but the practice is hard. Opps, sorry to bring the mood down,

Wow Belle, busy as ever. Alicia Keys, that sounds awesome, I would have loved to go to her concert. Was it good? And Meegs, quality family time sounds just as wonderful - enjoy!

Belle, the doctor visit sounds like a good idea to get some bloods done. I have an underactive thyroid and it can be quite a serious medical condition (if left untreated) that can be easily corrected. Or, there may be some other underlying issue that needs attention that the doc may discover, all in all, a good idea *nods her head*

ok, I better sign off now. See, I can prattle on with the best of you *ggg* Hope you are having a good week

Love Ally

Alexandra

Postby Alexandra » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:06 am

Meegs, sweet Meegs, (I tried to return PM but it didn't work so I posted here - hope you don't mind)

Thanks for your message.....where would I be without you? I've been staying with my mum and sister until I sort things out. It's been good and helped with the grieving part. Men are just weak - that's why we have the babies *giggles* We have a counselling session tomorrow. I am hopefull that we will work it out but if your life partner can't support you at your greatest hour of need, is this someone you should be with? I just don't know *shrugs*. I'm totally lost at the moment. Dad dying has shattered my heart but my life still had purpose. With my marriage breaking up, I just don't know what to do next, where to live, no job. I was meant to be having kids, buying a new house, etc - I had a vision of the future. If it doesn't include my husband - I just don't know what to do next. My head is spinning and my thoughts are coming at a million miles an hour. I thought about that post and wondered if I shouldn't post it. I shouldn't burden others. I know this is a weight loss forum and I should stick to weight issues.

I read your post about your son who has just been diagnosed with Aspergers. I'm guessing he is about 5 or a bit younger? It is probably such a huge relief for you to have a name for "it". You probably have known for some time that your son is different. That he doesn't play like all the other kids, that he doesn't eat like all the other kids, he probably has unexplained bowel problems. You probably find it overly frustrating that the simple tasks like getting dressed, putting on shoes, finishing tasks, leaving the house or interupting routines are unmanagable for him and beyond him and where you wish he should be up to in his development. Yet, then you can be blown away by his amazing intellectual ability that is years beyond his development and age. How am I doing so far? Am I close? Have I got some points? Maybe you haven't got to some of these yet? You see, my newphew has Aspergers - he turns 16 in a few months and I have lived with him for most of his life. He is a beautiful child but very different to any child I have ever encountered. I can talk to you intimately about aspergers - I know alot about it. I have been to many seminars, have read all the books and have lived with a child for about 13-14 years. Anything you want to know, just ask. In our house the term, being "aspi" is used a lot. My husband is quite "aspi". He is very intelligent but unable to empathise. I've never mentioned this to him, he would see red. I didn't see it at the time, but now I do. It's a shame we don't live in the same state. I have a lot of insight into Aspergers that I can share that can help. I think the first place to start, the most important thing to glean is that aspi kids are most comfortable with rountine. I don't just mean normal kid rountine such as get up at this time, breaky is this, play time, is this, lunch is this, nap time, bath time, dinner time, bed time etc - I mean, if you button up pj's one way and then out of the blue mix up the buttons one night by buttoning the 3rd one first when you have always gone top to bottom and the child is screaming, its because the rountine needs to be the buttons always go 1,2 3, 4 never 3 1,4 2. If too, you always drive down the same street home and then you take a different one and the child starts screaming, its because you are in the wrong street - aspi kids have to have everthing "just so" and sometimes you may not even be aware that you are changing something that is very familiar to them. Oh crap, hope I am not upsetting you or scaring you. Best end on a positive note. The literature will tell you that aspi kids are not emotional and don't like hugs etc. That's not true - they are capable of a great deal of love they just express it in a different and unusual way. So, don't lose heart, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Geez, very big post *prod* are you still awake. Hope I haven't upset you. Thanks for your message. You are such a great mate already, Love Ally

Alexandra

Postby mindy32 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:16 am

Awww ladies,

I just read your 2008 posts, hugs to you both. I wish I had knowledge on either, but unfortunately I don't. I can imagine Ally that it must be absolutely awful to have problems with your hubby when you really need someone to lean on, and I'm so sorry that he's not there for you. I wish I had some great wisdom or something comforting to say, but all I can say is be strong, and I'm sure everything will work out in the end hun. Meegs, unfortunately I know very little about Aspergers, though I'm almost positive that what my cousin has is a version of it (his is very specific though so I don't know what is the 'norm'). I do know though that he's a great kid, and that we all love him, so in the end I suppose that's the most important part. I'm sure it's very scary for you though, I hope you're coping alright.

I wish there was something I could do for both of you, but hopefully you both know that I'm always here for you. If there is anything I can do, or if you want to chat, I'm always here, just post or PM me.

Ally, the forum may technically be a weightloss one, but this is our thread (and the others if they come back and wish to post of course!). Us three are the only ones who post in here at the moment, so I reckon if we want to talk about our lives we can go right ahead!

Well, I better go before I keep talking and overstay my welcome!

My love to you both,
<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges