It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Free Newsletter

turtle's eight week xmas challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: turtle's eight week xmas challenge

Postby Alexandra » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:28 am

Thanks Belle, you are such a sweetie too! Thanks for your support and comfort, it means a lot and you do says heaps of comforting stuff - it helps a lot, thanks. And I love to come in and read all your posts - you are always a breath of fresh air! I wish I had your zest for life! All the things you busy yourself with, it sounds wonderful. How is Dan going? What is he up to? How is things at his folks? How is the healthy eating plan going? Did you manage to keep dodging the bad stuff as well has you have been doing? You are going really great with that by the way :D Keep up the good work!

Meegs, how has your week been, have you got the pressies all wrapped now and the chrissy stuff all sorted - I bet you have - you sound very organised! I bet the ham's all done and the drinks all bought and the nibblies all ready to go :wink: Christmas is such a wonderful time of year (I know it is hectic tho') and it is especially wonderful with kids. I do giggle when I see all the parents admonising their children in the shopping centres constantly about all the stuff they see or want - it can be tricky. Late night shopping, upset rountines, the kids are tired, bored etc - *sigh* a very special time of year but I'm also glad it only comes once a year :D

Ok, best be going, talk soon, Love Ally
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby mindy32 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:35 am

Hello again chickies!
(Im afraid Im very bored and tired at work so naughtily occupying myself on here, but shhhh dont tell anyone)

Dan's great thanks Ally, poor things been on holidays for a week now and has barely had a second to relax! We've had things on with my friends or family every night, and when we dont his friends or family have things on we have to go to. And he's been swimming and going to the gym every day during the day, and catching up with other people, visiting his grandma etc. I had the day off work yesterday so we went chrissy shopping which was fun, I only have two pressies left to buy whohoo!! I love Christmas, i heard so many carols yesterday hehe.

His family is awesome but his mum is a litttttle frustrating sometimes. Dont get me wrong, I love her to death. But for example we were going to go to Mexican the other night, just dan and i, so she was calling out from the other room all the mexican restaurants in the area, though we told her which one we wanted to go to, then she started going oh why dont you go to the nice little Italian place (in an entirely different area, like 45 minutes away) or the chinese place down the road. Then when we told her which mexican one we were going to she said it would be better to go somewhere ion the city near where the concert was because she had a voucher we could use and eeeek. Just let us make a dinner decision ourselves, we're not 2 lol. I know she means well, sometimes she just means TOO well! I shouldnt complain, I know it's nothing, I kinda find it cute and sweet most of the time. Get's on Daniel's nerves a bit though.

Healthy eating is going pretty well all things considered I think! I have only drunk water for the entire week, nothing else, even when out. I have been eating healthy when out, even only had two little chocolates a day rather than the whole box hehe. Not eating junk food at work. Yesterday didnt eat much at all at yum cha, got low fat gelati instead of icecream later. No bread at all for the last few days. Had eggs with baked beans yesterday and didnt even have bread with it (usually a must for me) But it seems that TTOTM is about to occur so i feel very heavy and bloated. Made a pact not to weigh myself until Christmas eve, which will make it a fortnight since i have. I have a bad feeling i wont loose anythng, but if i dont gain I'll be happy, since all i seem to be doing lately is gaining!

You wrapped all the kids Chrissy presents now Meegs? Santa all ready? Your kids excited? I know I used to get ridiculously excited lol. Are you having chrissy day at your house or going to a rellies?

What about you Ally, you spending christmas day with your sister?

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby mindy32 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:37 am

Oh and what are we all hoping Santa will bring us? I love hearing what people are getting or buying for people I love christmas shopping. What have you bought hubby and the kids Meegs? What have you bought your neices and nephews Al?
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby meegs » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi Girls,
I haven't forgotten you - I will update in the next couple of days.

PS Thanks so much for the messages girls.
Love you heaps.
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby meegs » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi.
Ok firstly, let me say Ally and Belle you are such lovely girls - this forum has been worth it just to meet you ( I know there are so many other lovely people on the forum as well.. but as you say Belle, this is our thread!)

Ally, so much of what you wrote rang true with my son (who is sitting on my lap as I write this). He has some routines that are strictly adhered to but others are less rigid. He certainly notices and comments when something is different but he doesn't stress over every difference (although some of course are too much for him to handle). We have known that he is not like all the other kids for quite a while and have had him under care for a long time also, but this year is the first time we have had an official name. Everyone is very supportive, his school is great, our friends are great (although they don't always understand him - but then nor do we sometimes!!!) the only people who have had an issue are my husbands parents - they refuse to acknowledge the elephant in the room which drives me absolutely crazy. My mantra is I married Dan not his family - and I certainly live by that!!!!!

As for Christmas - the kids have go tso much!
And I feel like I have got Dan too much also! The ususal - socks, undies, books, a Wii game - and the big present is a carton ($$$) of expensive beer - that teaches you how to appreciate and drink it well - and stuff like that - I hope he likes it!!!

I will have to write more later - my son is reading this too (he is 6 with a reading age of about 10 - the up side of being aspi!!!!!)

Have a great day.
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby Alexandra » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Hello Ladies,

How are you going? Today is my weigh in and I've lost a tad over a half a kilo (600g) for the week and I am down to 107.2 kgs. I'm really pleased with that given my trying circumstances :D Actually, that's an understatement - I'm totally stoked! I hope I can keep it up. I haven't got into any exercise and Christmas is next week so I'm not going to worry too much about next week :wink:

Now, on to your question about the chrissy presents, I've bought the kids way too much, Wii game, DS game, bop it, tonka truck, hannah montana dolls, and littlest petshop stuff (I have 7 neices and nephews from 2 - 15). For my mum I have bought a pretty nightie and a book and my sister a book too (I'm not getting her too much this year - last year I got her pink tickets) but I might get her a piece of jewellery to go with the book - something like that)

Ok, better sign off now, cheers Ally

Alexandra

Postby Alexandra » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:33 pm

Hello, me again,

It just occurred to me that the "challenge" is officially over. It started on 25/10 and was due to finish this weekend 20/12. I was re-reading some of the early posts and looking at the spreadsheet that turtle put together. I wonder what happened to her. I get a really bad feeling that something terrible has happened - but I hope not. I hope all the other absent parties are all ok!

I thought I should just give a bit of a wrap up of the challenge for me so far. This by no means is saying that I want to finish this thread - quite the contrary and I hope we can keep it going! I just thought I would rejoice in my success. I must have been aiming too low or something. The "challenge" was for 8 weeks and in that 8 weeks I have lost just shy of 7 kilos! I am so very happy! I started at 114 kgs and I am just over 107 kgs today! So a fine result, I think. I was aiming for 109kgs so I have reached my goal and even done better so have to be very happy with that!

I hope we can keep our thread going ladies - you two have been wonderful to me and as Meegs said, meeting you two has been a special gift that I am truly thankful for - I love coming in here and reading your posts and comments so I hope we can keep going and keep each other motivated and on the right track!

Good luck for your weigh ins or for just being healthy and happy!

love Ally

Alexandra

Postby redrose78 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:35 pm

Hi all, I know I withdrew from the challenge, but thought I'd say hi. I did not reach my Christmas goal of 99kgs, in fact the opposite, I have put on weight, I am at 107kgs right now. You know what, I give up this year. Would like to say next year will be different. With all things considered, I have lost 5kgs all up this year. I know I try so hard for a couple of months and then slack off when I don't see the results, doesn't matter though, is all good, I don't put in the work, I don't see the results. I have always had a healthy diet, just a lack of exercise. I don't do more than three hours exercise a week, too bad for me, tough luck!

Good luck to you all. Lets hope next year is great.
redrose78

Postby Alexandra » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:19 am

Hi Red, hope you're going well. You've lost 5 kgs this year, that's great! But, you know, it's not all about the numbers. I've learnt a lot this year. Sure, being healthy is good, but being happy, nurturing our relationships, being grateful for our loved ones and living life to the full seem so much more important to me, especially at this time of the year! So, thank you so much for your support, your encouragement. But, most importantly, take care, look after yourself. have a great Christmas, holiday, break, time with your family/ loved ones, enjoy your favourites :wink: and best wishes for next year *hug*

Alexandra

Postby mindy32 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:53 am

Hello ladies, I have missed you! I think I've been having withdrawal symptoms haha...

Ally, congratulations, and Meegs, you too, the end of the challenge is officially here and you've both done so well! I unfortunately have not, but I'm not letting it get to me, I have gotten healthier and fitter and in the end that is just as important for me! We will definitely have to keep this thread going, perhaps we should rename it 'Ally, Meegs and Belle's ramblings, with guest appearances by Red and other special guests'. Lol or not. Sounds like your kids Meegs, and your nieces and nephews Al are all going to get nice and spoilt! Daniel's mum seems to have bought an absolute truckload of stuff for his nieces and nephew. Those enormous gift bags, you know the ones that are like maybe nearly a metre high and half a metre wide, full of toys for EACH child it looks like. Im half hoping that they are actually their santa presents being left at their house for safekeeping, but I dont think so. Lol so spoilt. I bought the little sister a Wii game, we played in last night (we did Christmas with my dad, stepmum and Krista last night cos they're going away tommorrow to see my Grandma.) Im so excited about all the presents I have for everyone. I just need to buy Dan's! I've bought him a book on the SAS which I know he'll like and Im going to get him a cd i thought of. I've decided im going to buy a stoclking and put those as well as a few other things inthere but i dont know what else! Some littlish things. But he doesnt like chocolates or anything so that counts that out. And I dont want to spend toooo much on each thing. So Im stuck, and I have to get it done tonight! Any ideas??? HELPPPP haha. He is refusing to ask for ANYTHING. Not one thing. Boys *rolls eyes*

And ladies, I totally agree, this has all been worth it just to meet the two of you! Totally ignoring the weightloss talk, just chatting to you ladies is great, especially when Im having a bad day at work haha.

Love to you all xoxox
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:36 am

Oh, I missed you! I didn' t officially weigh in this week, christmas week and all! How naughty...but santa still came! I am about a half kilo (possibly a full kilo) heavier at the moment) :roll: I will do an "official" weigh in on my "official" day which is sunday this weekend.

My brother, his wife and kids have been staying with me which as been wonderful - they live in NSW and I in QLD and I only see them once or twice a year for a few days so it was great to hang out with them, I miss them so much. So, hence no postings from me but then again, I know we are all busy with celebrating the special season that is christmas and the new year. I'm sorry I didn't get to do this sooner..... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from me guys *hug*

On the weight front, I have really gone crazy with food and have done no exercise (naturally). But, to put "crazy" into perspective, I've actually not been too bad. My crazy of my new healthy is bad for current standards but for where I used to be, not so bad so I'm happy with that change! I figure it's always best to look for the positives. I have absolutely over indulged, true, but I was always going to. I don't think there is anything to be gained from totally denying yourself. I just have to work harder this week - the family have now left, I'm feeling all resolute and strong and that half kilo or so will melt away in a week or so.

Hope you've all had a great time with family and friends. Hope 2009 is going to be a personal cracker for you, whatever your goals are! Look after yourselves and hope to catch up with you soon, lots of love, Ally :D

Alexandra

Previous

Return to Challenges