It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:14 am

Free Newsletter

I'm training for a half marathon! (and hoping to lose 30kg!)

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm training for a half marathon! (and hoping to lose 30kg!)

Postby chickety_boo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm new on here, and kinda just stumbled accross the site afta trying to find some encouragement to lose weight. I'm just finishing my degree as a registered nurse, and as any of you who have studied might know, you tend to put on a lot of weight and lack exercise when you hit the books. Just 3 years ago I was a thin fit little chicky, but sadly I found it was easier to eat takeouts while I study for an upcomming exam than to eat a carrot and go for a run (lol).
Anywho, now that it all feels like it's comming to an end, I'm feeling a bit more motivated and have even thought of training for a half marathon! As you might imagine, I'm rather unfit and so running/walking for 21km would be suicide if I decided to do it tomorrow! This is why I have given myself a year to train for this. Yes I know it's a long time to stick to the training, but hopefully by the time it rolls around I'll be in tip top shape and look HOT for next summer. Hopefully, I'll also lose that 30kg that I've managed to put on over the last 3 years.. creepy little buggers those extra kgs!

I'd very much appreciate any support or tips any one has. Basically all I plan to do is eat a lot more healthily (a lot of salads and lean meat with only a few carbs, and NO comfort eating!) and do 30 - 40 minutes cardio exercise every day.

Thanks everyone!!

Jess xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG6Xy11/]
[/url]
chickety_boo

Re: I'm training for a half marathon! (and hoping to lose 30kg!)

Postby Alexandra » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am

Wow, a half marathon - that sounds like a really great goal. I've often wondered about trying for a similar goal but have not known where to start. I am afraid I have no advice for you because I don't have a clue but what you suggest sounds like a great start!

Good luck with your goals and keep me (us) posted - you've also motivated me to keep trying too.

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby soontolookdamhot » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:32 pm

welcome, what a goal to look forward to, its hard when life gets in the way of your health but congrats on putting yourself first now that ur nursing course is nearly finished. what is ur training plan gonna look like?
soontolookdamhot

Postby redrose78 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey Jess. 30 kgs in a year is a very reachable goal. I hope you find lots of helpful advice here. :) Best of luck on your journey.
redrose78

Postby chickety_boo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:15 pm

Hi all,
How is everyone doing?? I'm glad to say that in 3 weeks I have lost 2kgs! Horay! Sadly it's not enough for me to feel sexy just yet, but here's hoping!!

My exercise regiem mainly consists of walking up hills and running down, doing 20-30 minutes on my exercycle during Home and Away, or swimming 30-35 lengths at the town pools (approx 500m total) 5-6 days a week.

This last week hasn't been too flash however, I have been spending a bit of time studying and so eating all of the wrong foods and not feeling like doing any exercise. But I only have 1 more exam left until I've finished my degree (wooohoooo!!) then I'll have more time and energy to be a bit more creative with the types of exercises I do.

Thanks for all of your support!!

Jess
[/url]
chickety_boo

Postby redrose78 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am

You are doing well, 2kgs in 3 weeks is great. If you continue to lose that amount of weight you will reach your goal weight before your goal date. :wink: Best of luck with it all.
redrose78

Postby chickety_boo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Horay! Officially finished my degree today :D
I had a few last exams this week and a ceremony today to say goodbye from being a student and releasing us as nurses which was lovely and most of us cried when we got our little badges that said bachelor of nursing degree on them.
However, that has meant about a week of drinking and eating the wrong types of food and not doing much exercise due to study and hangovers (lol). So I have stayed away from the scales for this week and am currently searching for the motivation to start up my exercise again.. might have to spend a weekend of relaxation and detox to give myself a bit of energy for next week lol.

Thanks guys :)

Jess xx
[/url]
chickety_boo

Postby summerheart » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:08 pm

What a great idea. I have always wanted to do a half marathon and one day I would love to go to London and do the marathon there. Congrats on finishing your degree. I still have two years to go :(

I think I might join you on your crusade to finish a half marathon. What kind of training do you do?

Summer
summerheart

Postby LoveJoey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi all,
Im new here today and havent worked out how to do one of those cute little weight loss counter thingies :oops: ! Im currently 76kg and am aiming for 65kg :? ! Yay regarding half marathons, I did my first one 12 months ago and have done another 2 since then, have on coming up on Jan 4th so would like to lose a few more kgs by then (could be a bit of a challenge over Christmas)!
Tassie girl, 30 years old, 172cms

Starting weight (August 1st 2008)-85kg
Previous weight (December 9th 2008)-76kg
Current weight (December 16th)-74.5kg
Goal weight-65kg
LoveJoey

Postby mumnbub » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:17 pm

My original plan was to have lost enough weight to have done a 3km fun run in September but sadly was still unfit :( I want to do one as it will be like the final challange to proove myself- have not been able to run for years! So next year I will do at least 1
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Re: I'm training for a half marathon! (and hoping to lose 30

Postby bluet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:54 am

Nice to hear about your progress, that's a good result. 30 kgs is a lot, but I'm sure you can work it out one step at a time. Just don't push yourself. Drink a lot of water, this exercise will be good for your muscle too
bluet

Postby Post baby fat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Half a marathon, awsome. I would so love to do that. Please keep writting down your progess as it is very interesting.
Regards,

[size=150]Post baby fat[/size
Start weight 78Kg Start date 27-12-2008
1st goal weight 71kg
2nd goal weight 67
final goal weight 64kg
Post baby fat

Return to Challenges