It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Free Newsletter

WHO WANTS TO LOSE 10KGS BY XMAS?!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WHO WANTS TO LOSE 10KGS BY XMAS?!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:31 am

Oh no. That's a nasty scam. When looking for scam reporting sites for you I saw this crop up a few times (example). The seller appears legitimate by using Trusted Trader symbols everywhere. If it's the same one I'm thinking of they offer to have the money held in escrow until the car arrives from overseas for you to inspect. Problem is the escrow company is fake so you've lost your money and the car never shows up. Trading Post really needs to ban overseas car sellers to protect its customers from this sort of fraud. After all, why would they want to ship their car back to Australia to sell when they can just sell locally? It's a really, really easy scam to fall for because it seems so legit on every level. Plausible story for selling the item cheap. Apparently reputable seller. Offering to hold money in escrow. I'm so sorry this happened to you, F. I really do hope they catch the person responsible.

This is going to sound like a very tacky option, but have you considered contacting Today Tonight or A Current Affair about this? They've reported on Nigerian 419 scams before. And this scam is incredibly under-reported considering how much money is at stake.

I can understand your eating being a bit out of whack after having gone through this awful experience. I hope things start to pick up for you soon. And don't be too hard on yourself. This is a really easy scam to fall for.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fatty » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:04 am

Thanks EWQ,
Yeah it was exactly how you described it except the car was here in australia so thats what got me to think it was even more ligit BUT she was overseas and i dnt think i'd have the guts to go on ACA or TT but thanks for the suggestions. And they also sent me invoices from TP with their web address and everythin for all i know howcan it NOT be an inside job either.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:16 am

That's the first time I've heard of the scam run with the perpetrator saying the car was in Australia. No wonder it didn't ring any alarm bells! Let us know how you get on with Consumer Affairs. I hope it all works out for you.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kangagirl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:49 pm

hi fatty, i don't know much about these things as have never purchased anything on ebay or tp...but do u have to pay the money first before you get the car?? don't you get the car first? just wondering...

kg
kangagirl

Postby Fatty » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:50 pm

Well with Ebay yeah you have to pay for things before you receive them but you get protection with paypal, but as for TP as EWQ wasexplaining they tell you they have money in escrow where TP has for insurance reasons just incase the item doesnt showup ect and they send you all these invoices from TP showing it is ligit when all the while its a SCAM so please be extra careful from things like this as i dnt wish this upon any well wishing ppl.
[/url]
Fatty

Postby Fatty » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:48 am

Hey KG,
I keep trying to PM you but twice it hasnt worked !!!! :x
[/url]
Fatty

Postby bluet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:52 am

Its hard to lose 10 kgs from now, but I guess you have to workout really hard. How many weight that you gain in one month? Have you exercise more in the winter?
A Fitter YOU, A Healthier YOU!
Diet Case Study - Real Case beginning with the blog owner. Overweight person must TAKE A LOOK!
bluet

Postby kangagirl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Fatty wrote:Hey KG,
I keep trying to PM you but twice it hasnt worked !!!! :x

hey fatty - it doesnt work if its got double quotation marks (silly!), so check if you had those!!

kg
ps how r u going??
kangagirl

Postby kangagirl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:06 pm

btw, i wasn't calling u silly, i meant its silly how the pm doesnt let u use it, cos i can't tell u the number of long msg's i've pm'd only to lose it all bc i used the quotation marks ---- very annoying :roll:
kangagirl

Postby Fatty » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:11 pm

LOL KG i know who you were reffering to but you were right its the qoutation marks anyway i pm'd you again
[/url]
Fatty

Postby kangagirl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:23 pm

KEWL, gonna check it now! :wink:
kangagirl

Postby starr22 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:01 am

Hey chickies,

How's everyones week been? Mine started off slow and unmotivated, but has improved :D We have started an 'exercise challenge' at work. Each 30 min of exercise done you get a star next to your name and at the end of Jan, whoever has the most will get a manicure/facial or something like that paid for by the others hehehe it feels like we are kids with getting a star next to our name :mrgreen:

I've also started having a shake for lunch, I've just been having the ultaslim I had in the cupboard and am finding it quite tasty as it is one that u mix with milk. I'm hopeing it will help me get past this 78.5-80kg mark that I seem to have been hovering around for the past 3 weeks :roll:

Fatty, hope your feeling better hun :D ((hugs))

Have a great weekend xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby sryk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:32 pm

kangagirl wrote:Hi all,

I know there are heaps of similar threads going at the moment, but I wanted to be held accountable to spur me on! I am starting off at 80kg and want to aim for 70kg by xmas. I only joined this forum a few days ago but have met a number of wonderful people and read heaps of awesome stories I could relate too! My main problem is the habit of always wanting to eat (not necessarily junk food, but also healthy food) just to feel content and the need to feel "full" and avoide being hungry. I also eat when bored as a form of *entertainment* and of course I buy too much food & worry that somehow food will run out and will NEVER, EVER re-appear if I don't eat it there and then!!!....and ashamed :oops: to admit that I can be greedy with food too (!). I just always seem to feel hungry and falsely believe I am 'treating myself' special if I eat (think this goes back to my somewhat deprived childhood where food was probably the main solace and the one thing I got highly praised for "what a good girl to EAT ALL HER FOOD!" - and thereby reinforcing more eating - but that's another thread!)

anyways, if u want to join me in this challenge, pls come on along for the ride! I promise u will enjoy the destination!
Together, we WILL DO IT.

Sure. Im joining you for the destination. I mean of losing 10 KGS before christmas.
sryk

Postby kangagirl » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:16 pm

hiya starr,

that's great about your work challenge, what a brilliant idea, i think that will really give you all a bit of a boost, esp with such a nice reward for the winner. Glad to hear your'e also enjoying the shakes - yeah, i prefer to mix mine with 1/2 milk as its much tastier that way, mind you, this week I have been a bit naughty, there have been a few too many xmas functions I've been atttending - , and those fruit mince pies just kept tasting so yummy, so I bet I have gained a kg this week, - as I have not been taking my shakes this week at all!--- ah well, xmas was ALWAYS GOING TO BE A TRICKY TIME!!

and WELCOME sryk!! :D :D Want to tell us a bit about yourself and your weight-loss journey so far? We've all been sharing a bit about ourselves which you can read by going back to the beginning of the thread if you fancy it...we were all highly motivated in the beginning and some of us have slowed down a bit as we head towards xmas but a new person may inject a bit of energy into us again!!

Looking forward to hearing form you sryk...

kg :P
kangagirl

Postby starr22 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:09 am

Well looks like I'm the first one in here to weigh in for this week. :D

I'm happy to report that I have had a loss of 0.6kg :D :D Yipee!! I am quite happy with that, if only it could be that every week.

Look forward to hearing how u all went this week.
Have a nice day guys xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges