It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:23 am

Free Newsletter

WHO WANTS TO LOSE 10KGS BY XMAS?!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WHO WANTS TO LOSE 10KGS BY XMAS?!

Postby kangagirl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:48 am

hi starr!! congrats on the loss, that's great considering you had a bit of a bad week isn't it.

I am happy to report that I am still 79kg - which amazes me bc I really did have lots of naughtys this week, fruit mince pies, cakes, and to top it off - pizza!! and bc so much rain, haven't even had the chance to do much exercise. But - if anything I am gonna be REALLY GONNA BE GOOD this week bc I am determined to at least lose 5kg by xmas!!

good luck eveyrone else...btw where IS everyone else? feels like we have lost so many people. We really miss mother-hen, I've emailed her so hopefully we hear from her soon and she's ok.

kg :wink:
kangagirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:47 am

70.4kg

It's down 200g from last week, but given that week's weigh-on was a huge gain due to what I thought was fluid retention that's not too good! I did my measurements:

Bust: 93cm (down 3cm, but this tends to fluctuate depending on Time of the Month anyway)
Waist: 74cm (down 2cm)
Hips: 106cm (same)
Thighs: 64cm (same)

But at least I'm on holidays now! An hour of cardio per day. Weights every other day. I am really going to watch what I eat. No more tiny meals countered by constant snacking. I'm going to have three decent meals per day. Only fruit or veg between meals. And MORE WATER!

I'm off to Queensland next week so next Saturday will be my last chance to weigh in. I am determined to get below 70kg before I head off AND STAY THERE!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:05 pm

Good luck and u are such a lucky thing goin up to QLD... Im so jealous.

How is everyone else doing??

Im not exactly part of this challenge, but im very interested in how people are going with their goals... seems that when people are having success then i also have success which is great...

Hope to hear some success stories: :) :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby lilybush » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi Girls,

Thankyou so much for your motivational words last week, I was having such a hard time getting back on track, but thanks to you guys I took it one day at a time and i'm back in the right frame of mind :D :D

Congrats to you Starr and EWQ on your losses (cm as well) and girls I wish you all good luck on having a really good week, i'm planning to have a good week as well.

And I am very happy to report I’m down 300g from what I was before so I am getting there…. i have lost 5.6kg on our challenge so far and I would really love to lose some more before xmas, 1-2kg please!!!! i'm never gonna get down 10kg's but anything is better than nothing right??

Have been reading through your posts from this week and Fatty, how horrible that someone could do that…. I hope you get some justice, just try and be positive (I know much easier said than done)

It’s gonna get harder and harder guys as it gets closer to xmas… so much food and drink out there everywhere you turn, just have to be strong and have just a little bit to enjoy!!

Hopefully we will all be success stories……… gotta believe
lilybush

every choice has a consequence

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOyuO4q/]

SW - 99.5 kg
CW - 92.2 kg
Challenge for March - 87 kg
GW - 65 kg
lilybush

Postby shastabell » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:11 pm

HI Everyone

Kanga girl you are soo right about feeling good and fitting back into clothes. Ive had some time out from dieting because of xmas dinners and BBQ. i did put on some weight but its coming off again. I was giving myself a hard time but yeah you are right, i also fit back into my clothes, i dont ache in my joints anymore and i look and feel much better. So all in all ive done pretty well.
In saying all that ive been of my thyroid tablets for 8 weeks now and unfortunately my symptoms are coming back, im trying not to rely on food to make me feel better because i know it wont, i dont have a lot of energy, before i knew what was wrong i ate to try and give me more energy without realising it was making things worse but Im off to the doctor tomorrow, hopefuly to get me back onto my tablets so i'll feel much better.

Thanks everyone for all your posts, it inspires to keep going.

Shaz
shastabell

Postby Fatty » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Hey All,

Well first of all congrats to STARR on your weightloss girl your doing great and thanks for you words of concern, im pleased to say im feeling and doing much better, but you keep up the great work you can do it, and its great with what your doing at work its great motivation even more when you are doing it with a group.

EWQ and Lilybush you girls are also doing great and its great to hear that you are back on track again you must be feeling very pleased with yourself and as for what happened to me its been hard but it is getting better (well i am anyway).

KG, dnt worry bout no weightloss its great there wasnt a gain and even if there were i know you'll shift it by the next weigh in cause you are doing great and the fact that you are seeing it in your clothes is even a better sign than seeing it on scales, so you keep doing what you do and just enjoy life and chrissy, oh and dnt forget this week we are doing 80 crunches or have you forgotton we are going up 10 by week lol :)

Well as for me ive decided NOT to weigh myself anymore (well not for another month) because i feel that i should be satisfied with the weight that i am now, I will still exercise and for sure i would love to be 60 but to me from now in whatever weightloss happens will be a bonus im sick of feeling like im forcing myself to do something to I can be happy ( im going to be happy with who i am now) but i will still exercise and eat moderatley but if theres no shift in weight im still satisfied to me its as long as im healthy and fit (my husband loves me the way that i am so why cnt I love the way that i am!) .
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Postby starr22 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:36 am

Hey girls,

well congrats to everyone for their results this week, I think just being here is pretty good at this time of year :lol:

My boy is leaving in a few days to go visit his family in Wodonga for 3 weeks :shock: last minute plans, so I could not get the time off work to join him :cry: I normally love having the house to myself, but 3 weeks is a looong time, so hopefully I won't get to lonely/bored. I guess i'll be on here a hell of a lot more :lol:

Yesterday was a complete write off! Way too much food (unhealthy too :oops: ) and when I got on the scales this morn (naughty i know) I was 2kg heavier!! :shock: I could have cried :cry: But I'm not going to panic, surely it's just bad luck.....one day can't do that much damage.....can it?

Anyway, back on the damn wagon! :lol: I'm planing to be much better today.

Have a great day all xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Gordz » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:39 am

awww, we'll keep u company starr =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 am

Your other half is from Wodonga? I'm originally from Wodonga too! I feel his pain. :lol:

Don't worry about the 2kg. You won't have put on 2kg of fat in one day. It's utterly impossible. If you ate a lot you've probably got a lot of food still in your colon so that will account for some of the weight. If some of those foods were salty you're probably retaining fluid as well. And a lot of bulky food in the gut will absorb water, which will be some of that weight too. Just go back to eating healthily again and don't weigh yourself for a couple of days. I'm sure your weight will settle back to close to what it was.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby starr22 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Hehehe yes he is from there, doesn't go back much tho! :lol: This is only his second visit back in the 7 yrs i've known him. Your right about the extra 2kg as well, probly just fluid or something. Gives you a fright tho :shock: Thanx for the encouraging words :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby kangagirl » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Hiya girls!

firstly, good news, i've heard from mother-hen: she's ok! she's helping her brother move and hasn't access to pc at home temporarily, and then she's away for a week over xmas but says she will be back on the forum in the new year - she wants me to say HI :) to everyone and sorry she's not been able to join the forum for a while.

Lucky EWQ on holidays :wink: hope u get down to 70kg b4 u head off to qld this weekend!

Great work on the challenge so far lilybush! Like you even though i'm never going to lose 10kg's by xmas - anything is better than nothing!!!

Shastabell - very proud of you girl, its how you feel that counts. Btw, my sister is always tired (unfor she's also about 100kg so that doesn't help :roll: ), but she needs to take thyroid tabs every day, so make sure you keep up with yr tabs if yr doc says you need to - how did you go the other day at doc's anyway? hope u r feeling better.

Starr - yeah, 3wks may seem long w/o yr man, but believe me it'll go quickly - u always have us to talk to!! :lol: And now's the time to work a bit harder to look extra great when he does return 'eh! As for the 2kg, the other day i was really hungry so i ate some pasta dishes and up i went back to 80kg and i thought: "stuff this!" like it's good to be aware you are not over-eating, but this is the thing i hate about weighing yrself, it can do yr head in worry about 1kg up, 1kg down, dadada...so overall try to eat healthy and less and keep exercising and you will build muscle and these things DO TAKE TIME, so hang in there. :wink:

fatty - am with you all the way, totally agree best to not worry about weighing yrself now, you sound like a good healthy weight range, just keep happy and healthy and pls stay in touch on forum, we like to hear from you.

okay girls, 1 last weigh-in on monday b4 xmas, good luck all! (says me who had 9 lindt petits in the last 2 days...) :oops:

thanx ally147 for yr positive remarks... :wink:
kangagirl

Postby Gordz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:21 am

lindt doesn't count as a naughty treat... it is simply physical heaven
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Shalimar » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:15 am

Does that apply to Ferrero Rochers Rondnoirs as well Gordz :wink: ?

Well done to everyone in the challenge.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby kangagirl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:39 am

Gordz wrote:lindt doesn't count as a naughty treat... it is simply physical heaven

how very true Gordz!! btw, nice to see u on this thread - actually nice to see a man on this thread!!
As the current challege is ending soon, I am going to post a new challege after xmas for all - want to join us in that one??

kg :wink:
kangagirl

Postby kangagirl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:41 am

Shalimar wrote:Well done to everyone in the challenge.

Thanks Shalimar, welcome to our thread! how r u going? do u have much to lose?

kg
kangagirl

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges