It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Exercise Challenge 29 May to 4th June

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise Challenge 29 May to 4th June

Postby Groovychic » Mon May 29, 2006 8:11 pm

Rochelle's exercise challenge

Goals :
Bike - 25km
Walk - 10km
Aerobics - 1.25hrs

Mon 29 -
Tue 30 -
Wed 31 -
Thur 1 -
Fri 2 -
Sat 3 -
Sun 4 -

Total :
Bike - 0km
Walk - 0km
Aerobics - 0 time

Ok Ok it looks like I am piking out a bit but I don't know what is going to happen this week with exercise. So I am not to blame if I don't make it to goal. My dad had a stroke yesterday arvo and I have spent most of the last 24 hrs or so at the hospital. I am intending on staying home tomorrow and fit some form exercise in, but will be back at the hospital on Wednesday. It's an hour's drive away as well!!! Shame I can't exercise while I am driving!!! Last week didn't end up being too good either. Geez when I am going to get a good week again!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 29, 2006 8:41 pm

Monday - 45min pilates
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Groovychic » Tue May 30, 2006 12:01 pm

Goals :
Bike - 25km
Walk - 10km
Aerobics - 1.25hrs

Mon 29 - I did walk up the stairs instead of the lift in the hospital!!! :D
Tue 30 - 45 min aerobics, 3.7km walk in the arvo
Wed 31 -
Thur 1 -
Fri 2 -
Sat 3 -
Sun 4 -

Total :
Bike - 0km
Walk - 3.7km
Aerobics - 45 time
Last edited by Groovychic on Tue May 30, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Tue May 30, 2006 7:09 pm

Taking it easy this week so not in this challenge. Will pick up again soon as I am about to have 3 weeks off work :D Gonna take advantage of my new gym membership over this time and will set some new challenges then.

Good luck all.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Tue May 30, 2006 7:35 pm

Hope you do well with the gym Kim.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Wed May 31, 2006 6:30 pm

Thanks Rochelle. How is your Dad doing? Was it a major or mini stroke? My hubby had a mini stroke (also called TIA) about 6 years ago. He got all his faculties back within a few hours of it happening but even now has residual side effects.

I hope he is improving and you and your family are coping OK.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:24 am

Hi Kim,
It wasn't a major one but it was more than a minor one I think! He has had about 6 TIA's in the past the scan showed. This one was in his cerabellum(not sure how to spell that) and has affected his balance, which is the main problem. The physio came in while I was there yesterday and they got him to sit up on the edge of the bed and it was just like a little baby who was just starting to sit up! He is having probs with his left side. His arm and leg is hard for him to move and he is not registering what he sees on the very left of his vision. He has a black spot in his vision in his right eye and will never drive again! Tho I thought he would be really devasted with that he seemed to take it well. His spirit and determination seems great too, but not sure if it is just an act! :? I find it hard not to cry when I see him like that as he has always been my strong dad! But he has always been a very determined person.....must be the whole taurus thing in him!!! Both him and I are taurus.......our birthdays are 2 days apart! Hence a lot of stubbornness in us! But he is determined to get back to normal, and i have every confidence in him that he will! He was making up his own exercises the first night so that he wouldnt lose the strength in his arm or leg. But it's not a strength issue, its a balance issue. So I was making him use his left arm yesterday to eat his lunch etc. Was like watching my kids again! It's really hard not to help! Probably a couple more weeks in hospital yet. I am aiming at going up 2 to 3 times a week to visit. It takes a lot out of me. I fell asleep on the couch yesterday arvo after getting home. I'd sat down to have a cup of tea and curled up under a blanket to get warm and that was the end of me. So much for going for a walk!!! I am hoping to go for a bike ride later this morning. Thats the plan anyway. I said to him yesterday thank goodness you didn't end up a sheep! He said what??? I said well when Frank(my partner) went to visit his sister in royal perth hospital when she had her brain tumour, for some reason she ended up on the stroke ward and he walked in and could hear a sheep noise. he said to the nurse have you got a sheep down the back there and she said no it's a patient. She had a stroke 2 years previously! I wouldn't want to stay alive like that. So he has been extremely lucky. He said it is a feeling that he wouldn't even wish on someone he hated! Not that he hates anyone but if he ever did! Thanks for your concern Kim. I do hope you enjoy the gym. I wish I was close enough to join one but it's too far away to even contemplate it. So I will stick with the aerobics videos at home and bike ride and walk! The walking with my music has helped heaps. When I went on the 3.7k walk the other day it would have taken me at least 45 mins previously but with the music I kept the pace up and was back in about 32 mins! And I was puffing the whole way, instead of dawdling!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Groovychic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:57 pm

Goals :
Bike - 25km
Walk - 10km
Aerobics - 1.25hrs

Mon 29 - I did walk up the stairs instead of the lift in the hospital!!!
Wed 31 - 0 again but again walked up and down the stairs 3 times!
Thur 1 - bike 16.8km
Fri 2 -
Sat 3 -
Sun 4 -

Total :
Bike - 16.8km
Walk - 3.7km
Aerobics - 45 time
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:10 pm

Well I wish your Dad a good recovery. Makes you realise how precious your loved ones are. He will appreciate you going to see him I am sure.

My hubby also called Frank still has balance issues when in the shower and if he gets tired and is walking alot. Some residual short term memory problems but mostly OK. If you met him you would never know he had a TIA but I can tell things get tough when he is very tired. When he was in hospital they put him in the respiratory ward as there was no beds available in the stroke ward, so no one in the room had anything similar to him. He was very quiet and didn't talk much which is so totally not like him as he was worried people would think he was stupid as he was talking slowly and had problems understanding people. It broke my heart as he is a strong, confident man normally and it was hard to see him like that. We got through it and although it was a mini stroke it still hit us hard.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:58 pm

I'm glad your husband has made a good recovery. I think Dad will never be 100% but if he can be capable of walking and looking after himself then I am sure he will be happy with that. He is going to try for the best he can tho!

Goals :
Bike - 25km
Walk - 10km
Aerobics - 1.25hrs

Mon 29 - I did walk up the stairs instead of the lift in the hospital!!!
Wed 31 - 0 again but again walked up and down the stairs 3 times!
Thur 1 - bike 16.8km
Fri 2 - 35 mins aerobics, bike 9.5km
Sat 3 -
Sun 4 -

Total :
Bike - 26.3km - yay made that goal by 1.3km!!! :D
Walk - 3.7km
Aerobics - 1hr 20m time - yay made that goal by 5 mins!!! :lol:

Now all I have to do is the walking!
:D
[/url]