It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

LOSE YOUR FAT...KEEP YOUR MUSCLE

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

LOSE YOUR FAT...KEEP YOUR MUSCLE

Postby kcabbs » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Typically, when following an ordinary diet plan, half of the weight loss is fat, the other half is lean muscle. Because of the loss of lean muscle, the metabolism is reduced, thereby making it difficult to keep the weight off. I am now on a challenge to not only lose fat, but to keep my muscle. I have started a support group with other people around Australia, we do it online, using skype as a method of contact, plus phone calls once a week.

We are all on a new product that addresses this problem, a product that is 100% natural, that is simple to use and one that won't break the bank.

THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN STORES

This product assists in the loss of FAT – not lean muscle

Patented technology concentrated to ensure the optimal level of fat-loss

No starving yourself

No meal replacements

100% natural

2 scoops in your favourite hot or cold drink, twice a day – THAT’S IT!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, SEND ME A PRIVATE EMAIL AT [email protected]

I personally am looking to lose 20kg in 9 months, and feel that the support i am getting is keeping me motivated.
size 18 to 14 since November '08.
kcabbs

Re: LOSE YOUR FAT...KEEP YOUR MUSCLE

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:05 pm

Of course the other option is weight-bearing or resistance exercise to build new muscle while you're losing weight. That way you are still losing fat but the muscle replenishes itself. And forgive me if I'm jumping to conlusions and this isn't just a sly marketing ad for a new weight loss product, but using weights to rebuild muscle is a lot cheaper than buying a bunch of pills from a stranger over the internet! :|
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kcabbs » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi evilwombatqueen, no definatly not a sly market scheme, no pills or anything like that, not trying to promote anything etc. I do agree with you in the muscle department as i have incorporated a New Body and Aerobic workout in my exercise program. I am quite happy to do this on my own, but as i am quite isolated where i am i thought it a good idea to invite others with me, as the support and weekly chats keep me motivated. All the best with your weight loss.
size 18 to 14 since November '08.
kcabbs

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:51 pm

Ah, no worries! Sorry about the insinuation. There are a lot of spam posts on the forum about weight-loss miracle drugs as you might imagine. Unfortunately I mistook your post for one of them. My apologies!

Good luck with your group project and with your weight-loss!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Post baby fat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:25 pm

along with resistance training the best way to maintain muscle whilsts loosing body fat is having a diet high in protien and lowering the carbs.
Protien conatins amino acids which aids as the bodies builiding block repairs blood cells and muscle tissue.
The body also dosen't store protien the same way as it stores carbs so you excrete the excess in your urine rather than store the excess as body fat.
Protien keeps you fuller for longer and if combined with the correct fats will keep you even more fuller.

If these shakes that have been sugested are PROTIEN shakes then I would recommend them. IF they are meal replacements shakes I would consider what my personal goals were.

By the way, hi all. I used to be a regular on this site but slipped off the rails and have joined up again. good to see the site is still going. During this time I have read lots of books on nurtition and have also been studying human nutrtion.
Regards,

[size=150]Post baby fat[/size
Start weight 78Kg Start date 27-12-2008
1st goal weight 71kg
2nd goal weight 67
final goal weight 64kg
Post baby fat

Return to Challenges