It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:35 am

Free Newsletter

January Detox Challenge - A Healthy Body Makeover

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: January Detox Challenge - A Healthy Body Makeover

Postby milkyway » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Yesterday was a good day for me, but not too hard to be good when you've got a lousy hangover and sleep away half the day. I didn't miss my pepsi max and I ate only healthy stuff - no sugar and no alcohol (well, after 3am like Jewles!)

Going to check out a new gym soon. It's only $4 per casual session - no joining fees, no contracts etc.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:41 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please notify me of which wonderful gym this is! I want to start going to a gym but don't really want to commit to an expensive membership!
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby milkyway » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:10 pm

There is a gym in Hoppers Crossing called 'My Gym'. It's just off Old Geelong Road at the Forsyth road end. I think it's in Graham Court. So it's probably not too far from you. There are some of these kind of gyms around. I know of another one in Campbellfield that's 24 hours and $4 per session. But that's probably a bit too far for you. OK, a lot too far!

The Wyndham Leisure and Events Centre has a special $60 for 60 days membership that might be worth checking out, too.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Jisgone » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:24 pm

i joined a jetts gym, its $43 a month and no lock in contract, and its open 24 hours a day!
just got back from my first workout and it felt better than i remember :)
Jisgone

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:47 pm

milkyway wrote:There is a gym in Hoppers Crossing called 'My Gym'. It's just off Old Geelong Road at the Forsyth road end. I think it's in Graham Court. So it's probably not too far from you. There are some of these kind of gyms around. I know of another one in Campbellfield that's 24 hours and $4 per session. But that's probably a bit too far for you. OK, a lot too far!

The Wyndham Leisure and Events Centre has a special $60 for 60 days membership that might be worth checking out, too.

That Hoppers Crossing gym is about 10mins down the road from me, probably an hours walk lol. But sounds interesting i'll have to look into it! Have you been there? Whats it like? Do they have a website?

Also, does anyone have a herb salad recipe they can point me to? I don't like normal salad but i love herbs etc so i'm hoping a herb salad will be more my thing.

whit3tig3y

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm

I looked up My Gym and it came up as a kids only gym :cry:

whit3tig3y

Postby milkyway » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:55 pm

I checked out the gym, Amy and I wouldn't recommend it if you're not familiar with gym equipment and working out with weights. It'd be ok if you got someone to do up a program for you. It's pretty old and dingey, but that's what I like about it :D. Totally unpretentious. Lots of free weights, cardio machines and other weight/resistance machines. Not too busy but just enough people there to make it interesting. I think a lot of personal trainers work out of there and quite cheap, too - $30 for 30 mins or $40 for an hour. It's actually $4.50 per visit.

So I've been good today - eating well (soybean veggie soup with rice for breakie, stir fry chicken and veggies for lunch and just a sandwich or crumpets for dinner as I'm not very hungry), drinking only water and then going to the gym for a weights work out for about an hour and a 30 min walk with the pooches when we got home. Got a slight headache - could be caffeine withdrawl. But going cold turkey on everything I love is not as bad/hard as I thought it was going to be. Also had a glass of milk for a snack and will have cashews later if I feel like snacking.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sunshine » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi all, well I am on the way also. Weighed myself and I am back to where I was this time last yr, I had gotten my weight down to 63kilos in the middle of the yr, before we bought the farm and things went crazy. I am so furious with myself for ruining my hard work, but at the same time DETERMINED to get going again.

Milkyway, my challenge buddy :D what is your goal weight? I have also not had alcohol, our achiles heel! for 2 days, and it has been fine. Usually the last two nights, while watching a dvd I would have drunk heaps, but I had a lovely cuppa tea, and a little chocolate and thats all. There is no way I am sabotaging myself. I called into the gym today to weigh myself, it will be a challenge to get there as we now live half hour away, and I still have 3 mths left on the membership, but I will figure out a way to make it. I want to start the spin classes again, they were fab.

Anyway, good luck to all on the challenge, I look forward to checking in on our progress.
sunshine

Postby milkyway » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:11 am

At the moment my goal weight is 62kg and I will reassess when I get there. I used to maintain 57-59 for a long time but I think I will have built more muscle than what I had back then.

Well done on staying alcohol free the past 2 days, Sunshine. It hasn't been a problem for me yet - mostly because I was hungover yesterday that alcohol was the last thing I wanted :P I expect the craving will kick in late next week. Stay strong over the weekend, Sunshine :)

I think giving up my beloved Pepsi Max is going to be much harder. My chinese medicine doctor who's been treating my achillies injury says I'd be better of having the occasional glass of coke because at least our bodies know how to process the ingredients (mostly sugar) but our bodies don't know what to do with the aspartime etc. in diet drinks :evil:

I'm going for a 10km hike tomorrow. Will try not to get lost (again!) :D

I had 2 crumpets with a drizzle of honey for dinner (having my biggest meals of the day for bfast and lunch) and a slice of wholemeal bread with PNB as a snack later when I was hungry.

Not craving sugary stuff, either. Which is a god send. I think because I've been mentally preparing for this challenge for more than a month I'm in a good frame of mind for it.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sunshine » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 am

I loaded up my new ipod and went for a big walk this morning around my property. It is so beautiful here, lots of great bushwalking to be done. I am feeling really positive. Have you got a song or an experience that motivates you? My song is Straight Lines by Silverchair, that song takes me back to this time last year, sweating it out on the treadmill when I was really into my fitness thing. Just listening to it and watching the clip makes me so determined to get fit again! What about you?
sunshine

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:53 am

Straight Lines is my alarm on my phone! I love it and I certainly don't mind waking up to it. I have it on my iPod, too. I have no idea what the song means but I love the music. I'm not much of a lyrics person anyway, more of a melody kind of girl.

I've just untangled my iPod headphones as I am going for a short run to see how my achillies holds up. I'm keen to know if it's just running that hurts it as the big walks I've done recently haven't bothered it at all, much to my surprise. I have a dance version of Gary Jules' 'Mad World' which I love when it comes on my ipod and I'm running. I haven't gotten tired of it yet.

Your property sounds amazing, Sunshine. Yesterday I went for a hike, about 11km all up and it was really nice. I love being out in the bush so much. Big part of me wants to move somewhere rural - but things like family, husband and work hold me back. I'll just have to make do with weekend trips to the hills.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Jisgone » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:49 am

hey everyone :)

i start getting my braces on tomorrow morning so we decided to celebrate my bday last night instead of this friday! (bit hard to eat a big yummy steak with braces :P) i decided my bday dinner was my cheat meal for the month and it really was, i feel so sick today! ate far too much but it was a really nice night out :)

i hope everyone else is doing well, only 27 days to go
Jisgone

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Happy bday Jewles (for next Friday, of course) Glad you're suffering for your night out :P Gotta keep you on the straight and narrow for the rest of the month.
Braces, eh? Hope it's not too painful or uncomfortable.

I just went for a short run and the second song to come on was 'Straight Lines' - of course! I thought of you straight away sunshine. Followed by 'Mad World' and then later, Placebo's 'Every Me Every You' which I also love when I'm running.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby whit3tig3y » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:25 pm

For now i'm dropping the no meat deal from my detox. We have a freezer full of meat and not really much else, and I can't afford to buy anything else. I went to go get a nice piece of fish to cook up yesterday, but i didnt have enough money, so i'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place re buying food to accomodate these changes. So i'm going to drop the no meat thing, atleast until i have some money back and can go buy some good foods.

The rest though, is so far so good. No chocolate, no chips, no lollies, no fast food, and no added salt! My garlic salt jar must feel so neglected lol.

whit3tig3y

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Well done for staying away from the lollies etc. Good job!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges