It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:00 am

Free Newsletter

January Detox Challenge - A Healthy Body Makeover

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: January Detox Challenge - A Healthy Body Makeover

Postby kelvinator » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Jewles, steak is a pain with braces, mine come off in a few weeks :P
Jan detox is going well here, drinking more water which is always good, still having a coffee a day but that's not all bad, skim milk w equal, have to have suger in my coffee. I wonder if a home made hot choc is better than a cappuccino w equal in a cafe'?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby Ambryi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 am

Morning guys!

I signed up for the January detox eariler in the thread, however as my usual routine started up again this morning this is my starting day. Believe me, I *really* need it!!My eating habits have been beyond terrible for the since Christmas - kick-started my sugar/chocolate addiction, haven't been eating breakfast so start my metabolism at lunch time/early arvo with a handful of mini-cadbury snacks, then a milo and more chocolate in the afternoon. Then out to dinner with friends, anything fried goes and of course dessert is a must! Absolutely disgusting.

Anyway, so far not too bad. Had no appetite this morning (not surprising, since it's the first time I've been up before 9 since I started my holidays and as I said I haven't been eating breakfast) but I managed an apple. Trying to get through 2 glasses of water before lunch, which will be a nice, filling salad. Might grab a yoghurt on the way back to the office too, to combat an afternoon sugar craving.

I *think* I weigh about 70kgs at the moment, will jump on the scales mid-week - I'm terrified! :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby sunshine » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi all, I was so disapointed to find that my gyms classes don't start til next week. I was all ready for my spin class tonight, so instead I went for a big walk/hike around my farm. Hey Milkyway, you seem like you are into running, how do I do that (cos I always get sooo tired) lol

I did a few little runs during my walk, on and off etc but I have never really been a good runner, so is it best to do little runs to start with and build up my stamina? I know I will get a good cardio workout if only I could hot foot it !!!

Had a subway for lunch while the family had fish and chips, and chicken and salad for tea. Struggling a bit with drinking water though, will try again tommorrow to get through my litre. Check in soon, best wishes all!
sunshine

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Good going girls.

Ambryi - get on those scales so you know what you're dealing with. It might not be all that bad.

sunshine - check out the [url=http://www.c25k.com]Couch to 5km program.[url] It takes you from being a couch potato to running 5km in about 9 weeks. You start out with a walking/running program and gradually build up to running solidly for 8 mins, then 2 lots of 8 mins etc. until you're able to run 5km. People swear by it. You can download pod casts so you know when to run and when to walk. Highly recommend it :D

I'm going strong. As suspected, I've been craving the pepsi max above all else. Ran this morning again and have the slightest of niggles, but then again, pretty much everything hurts :lol:

Hang in there and keep up the good work.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:07 pm

I am here to confess 5 lollies. Yes i've broken down already. I wasn't going to confess, as i'm not too upset about it as I know its not a regular thing, but i'm here to confess all the same. When we order stationary at work, the stationary company always sends us lollies with our orders (how delightfully evil of them). And we had a stationary order come in today :( Needless to say about 5 lollies found their way into my face hole and down into my bottomless pit. Other than that i've been goin great though. As you all know i've dropped the no meat on x days thing because I don't really have the funds to be buying special foods just for me.
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Good on you for fessing up. Five lollies, eh? How many would have previously had? I'm sure 5 lollies isn't going to make a huge dent in your day. I know you're cross with yourself for not sticking to your goal, but it could've been MUCH worse. Hang in there, hun. You CAN do this.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Yeah 5 lollies isnt too bad. I'm still well within my calories, and i had them in the morning so I made sure they didn't effect the overall picture of the day :) Heres to trying again!

whit3tig3y

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Yup! Right back on the no-lolly wagon darlin' ;)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ambryi » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:39 am

I had a handful of kool mints yesterday :( And had dinner with my boyfriends parents, a very large portion of beef strogenoff (spelling?) I turned down the ice cream dessert though! yay! (Had a plain icy pole back at home instead :? ). All in all not too upset with that, considering how bad I've been the weeks previously. Must, must try to be more on the ball today though.

I agree I need to face the scales Milkyway :) Will be jumping on them after work today - I'm ready to face them, but I've been house-sitting mums place and she doesn't have scales, only going back home tonight. I actually think it might not be all bad, just coming off my TTOTM and feeling a lot less bloated than I did a few days ago.

Sounds like the rest of you are going strong :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:44 am

TOTM is evil and should be outlawed while dieting. Though i'm sure we'd all have heart attacks if it just didn't turn u :lol:

Try not to weigh yourself, measure yourself, judge bloatyness etc while on or a week before TOTM. Because it will just be completely inaccurate! Its our bodies way of punishing us for not reproducing like it wants to :(

whit3tig3y

Postby Jisgone » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:12 pm

its been a week ladies! how have you all done?
im down 1.2 kgs, have been to the gym 4 days, havent drunk alcohol but i had some naughty fried food last sunday but im not too upset about that
its my birthday tomorrow so im giving myself the day off the gym but will still try and eat well
im trying to work myself up to going to the gym this afternoon but i need some lunch first
im starving but not in the mood to eat anything in the fridge, i wish my fridge had kfc in it haha
Jisgone

Postby milkyway » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Well done Jewles :D

I lost 2.0kg this week. Very pleased with that and have stuck to all my pledges - no alcohol, no sugary treats, no pepsi max and just healthy eating and plenty of exercise. Ran 3 times and did heaps of walking every day, even those days I ran.

Feeling very positive and motivated 8)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby whit3tig3y » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:02 pm

I lost 0.9kg this week :) Happy with that! Have been fairly good with eating, haven't broken any more of my golden rules :)

whit3tig3y

Postby sunshine » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Well done to you all for your weight loss! Thats awesome. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I am having great difficulty in getting my computer online, I have the tech coming out AGAIN on Wed to sort out my problem.

I have lost 1.2 kg and I am happy about that, because I haven't done hardly any exercise as my hubby is on shift work and the kids are on school holidays, so I am finding it difficult to get away. But the gym classes start next week, so I am going to try to get to some spin classes, the gym is now 1/2 hr away. When the kids go back to school (bless em :D ) I will have more time.

I have not had any alcohol going on 10 days, and I bet that has formed some of my weight loss. I am trying to drink my water, and am getting through my 1.25 litre bottle a day (with a little help from 3 little friends) who for some reason like my water bottle!! So my two pledges so far are working. I have been trying to eat well, although I fess up that I ate a donut today!

My goal of getting down to 63 kg is my main goal, that I hope to get to in the next couple of months. If I can stick to my two pledges during Jan, I will be happy. Although a nice glass of wine tonight would be nice, but I am determined to stick to my plans. I have been craving coke zero and having it every day, I think because I am missing the wine. Wish I could give the coke zero away!!

Milky way, are you missing your wine?? And I wanted to ask, how long do you run for when you go? Happy Birthday Jewles! Well I look forward to seeing how you all are getting on. Have a great weekend!
sunshine

Postby kelvinator » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:45 am

I hear you with the coke zero although I did drink too many of them one day and had heart palpitations.... scary.
Everything else is going fine at this end, enjoying eating clean meals but did crave oily food yesterday. Went to be early and stopped thinking about it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges